Will Britney have access to her catalogue when she’s free ?

Is it possible, just like it happened to Taylor Swift , that she won’t be able to perform or even purchase back her own masters ?  :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

Something similar also happened to Jojo when she was freed of her contract.She ended up re-recording her old music because she didn’t own the rights to her first albums. :nydisgust_miss_new_york_tiffany_gross_pollard_ew:

Do you think it’s a possibility for Britney ? I feel like her label or Larry could totally screw her over and it would be 100% legal. :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

• Love 3

Why wouldnt she? She is disolving a conservatorship, not changing her record label.

And in case, she changes her record label there must be specific policies and copyrights in her contract that Im sure they will allow to use her own material. But tbh, I wouldnt mind if she stops singing Baby, Oops, Slave, Toxic for at least 10 years :endit_sunglasses_fab_yas_queen:

• Haha 1
  • Like 4
Just now, OriginalDoll1 said:

I don’t think she would or should care at this point…

I don’t know.... she has major classics, she even wrote some of them. If she wants to retire and never perform again, those royalties will be necessary. :idgi_dont_get_it_how_confused_what_hmm_umm_thinking:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Alvy said:

Hmmm, I don't think this could be possible, the conservatorship has anything to do with her label tho, and Larry is just a manager. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Scooter Braun was Taylor’s manager and he is responsible for everything that happened to her. :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding: He sold the master rights to her first six albums and made $300 million out of it. :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

Just now, Soso said:

Scooter Braun was Taylor’s manager and he is responsible for everything that happened to her. :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

That's because he is a Record Executive and can make decisions with the artist's label, something that -as far as I know- Larry is not.  :wink_britney_everytime_white:

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Alvy said:

That's because he is a Record Executive and can make decisions with the artist's label, something that -as far as I know- Larry is not.  :wink_britney_everytime_white:

:calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what: thanks for the info I didn’t know that.

:mhmsureny_hmm_thinking_ponder_unsure_what_Tiffany_pollard_ny_New_York_miss_ms_sure: Wasn’t Larry also the executive producer of Circus? Could it be detrimental to Britney ? 

• Love 2

Imagine Myah Jean re-recorded by the real Britney :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup: Oh and not that i care about that mess, we already have a great album named "Britney" and it's miles better tiffany pollard reality GIF by RealityTVGIFs

(Even tho it would be nice to hear her actual voice on certain songs) But apparentely she has no problem with her label so it's not gonna happen...

33 minutes ago, Soso said:

Is it possible, just like it happened to Taylor Swift , that she won’t be able to perform or even purchase back her own masters ?  :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

Something similar also happened to Jojo when she was freed of her contract.She ended up re-recording her old music because she didn’t own the rights to her first albums. :nydisgust_miss_new_york_tiffany_gross_pollard_ew:

Do you think it’s a possibility for Britney ? I feel like her label or Larry could totally screw her over and it would be 100% legal. :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

Taylor never wasn’t allowed to perform her songs, she just didn’t own them. Meaning if a movie wanted to use a song of hers they wouldn’t go through her to get it clear they would go to the person who own the master to clear it. She definitely can perform any song she’s recorded they can’t stop that 

12 minutes ago, ThisMeowBiteback said:

Taylor never wasn’t allowed to perform her songs, she just didn’t own them. Meaning if a movie wanted to use a song of hers they wouldn’t go through her to get it clear they would go to the person who own the master to clear it. She definitely can perform any song she’s recorded they can’t stop that 

I’m pretty sure she wasn’t allowed to perform her songs for a while and her label blocked her from singing a mashup of her old hits at the AMAs in 2019. :sipnstare_coffee_mug_tea_sipping_spilling_red:

• Like 1

Interesting thread considering all mine flop :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp: anyway with all this talk about owning rights and Scooter Bone it makes me wonder....... :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:

what of said label one day decides hey let’s fire Britney. Can she lose all her music just like that? :melt_weird_drift_wow:Her life’s work in a blink of an eye. Taylor losing her masters happened why? Bad contract or did they just steal it away from her?:idgi_dont_get_it_how_confused_what_hmm_umm_thinking: I’m not too familiar with that story. 

No because its extremely rare for an artist to own their entire catalogue. No record label will accept a contract that will hand over all their rights to the artist. Unless the artist buys their own catalogue which most artists dont do as its extremely expensive. Even Taylor knew she couldnt own it, her complain was about who owns it.