Will Britney have access to her catalogue when she’s free ?

She probably signed on to make new albums while she was under the conservatorship so she probably has to resign them when she's freed. If she doesn't then I don't think the label would have any rights to those songs anymore. It's definitely new territory. Taylor's case was a little bit different because I think her old label made her sign away her rights to the songs that she would make under them before signing onto their label who then later sold her catalog. Britney's rights to her songs were established through the conservatorship. Personally if her label will let her resign her contracts as a free woman then great, but if not then I'm not sure what will happen. All I know is that if Jive will have access to her catalog once the conservatorship is over then I don't think they'll let Britney continue to get the royalties unless if Britney resigns her contract with them to make more albums and I really hope that Britney doesn't do that.

I'm pretty sure her first contract was ****ty  (for the first 4 albums) :( 

Those probably are the most precious ones in terms of royalties.

When she re-signed I hope she got better Terms as she was a household name.

I highly doubt she owns her master's at all. Team Con must have also effed her over regarding that. 

Very interesting question, well after the C-ship being terminated I have a strong feeling she will take a hiatus and make new music - I do feel that she has a lot of vengeance and fire in her right now and probably will be taking all of this out after when she's free. 

We certainly don't know what kind of legal obligations she's under with RCA but yes she's left with 1 or 2 albums with them. Let's see how this turns out. 

5 hours ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

Con or not, who knows what kind of withstanding business obligations she has with her label. Doesn’t she still have a few albums left with RCA? 

But I don’t think that had anything to do with her having access to her masters. 

I’m pretty sure she has at least 2 albums left on her contract. 

For her to lose access to her songs someone would have to buy the masters and I doubt Jamie purchased her catalog or RCA would have to own them but I don’t think they do. 

• Love 1

That’s the thing I don’t understand, her masters have never been mentioned throughout this entire thing and I have a feeling Larry owns them through Maverick but could be wrong, either that or Jamie owns them through the Britney Brand LLC but could be wrong again no one knows who owns them 

I heard somewhere that her Masters belong to Sony, since its RCA's parent company. Britney's contract with the label have nothing to do with the conservatorship, besides the fact that Jamie had to sign the contract as well since he is (not for too long tho) the artist's legal guardian. If anything they change some clauses to work wihtout Jamie's presence. The one question that remains unansered is if she signed for 4 more albums as people like to say or if its a continous contract.  

If its a 4 albums contract, Glory was 1 out of 4. And if the rumors are true, that RCA is preparing another one with unreleased songs, that would be 2 ou of 4. They also asked her to record a Christimas album last year but she refused (she stated she wont work until her father is gone). When she gets free I could really see her making a Christimas one for this year just to rush this suposed contract, because a straight up breach of contract with 3 albums yet to be made would cost her millions. 

The point is, Jamie will never be able to buy her Master's (even if its RCA's and not Sony's), if thats the concern. Her catalogue is very valuable cause it can generate money constantly, I doubt whoever owns it would be willing to sell. Big Machine sold Taylor's because it was that or going bankrupt.

• Love 1