Blair Berk and the Conservatorship : A Research Thread

6 hours ago, Mx_Defying said:

Also, Streisand reported to the court in 2008 that Britney was missing HALF of her money. Reportedly, Lynne & Jamie notified the IRS. I have not found additional references to this. 

I remember reading this article when it first ran, but passed the information in it off as a "plant" by Spears Family Spokesperson Lou M. Taylor.

If Streisand did, in fact, tell the court this...

I wonder if we could find confirmation in a February 2008 court document?

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Mx_Defying said:

I think because of Harvey Levin's relationship to Blair Berk 

I always assumed it was Larry feeding information to Harvey Levin.

But perhaps it was also Harvey Levin feeding content back to Blair Berk?

Something provoked Britney to visit Berk between her second and third trips to rehab in February of 2007.

Feb. 21, 2007 - Kevin Federline is granted an ex parte ["emergency" or "without notice") court hearing, presumably to request full custody of their two infant sons. The hearing is scheduled by Mark Vincent Kaplan. The date is set for Thursday, February 22.

Feb. 21 2007 - Early Wednesday morning, Britney checks out of Promises after less than 24-hours and is driven by Alli Sims to meet with prominent criminal defence attorney Blair Berk, of Tarlow & Berk. She stays until almost 12:30 pm.

Feb. 21, 2007 - Alli Sims drives Britney to the Bel Air Hotel.

Feb. 21, 2007 - At 7 pm, Britney is observed by X17 photographers to ring the bell three times at the gate of Kevin Federline's Tarzana residence. Kevin is inside with their two toddlers.

Feb. 21, 2007 - With Alli Sims driving, Britney departs Kevin's house and heads to a Mobil gas station in Tarzana. She exits the car and assaults the vehicle of paparazzo Daniel Ramos with an umbrella.

Feb. 21, 2007 - At 7:30 pm, X17 photographers observe as Kevin Federline leaves his house and heads to Malibu's Serra Retreat to meet with Britney at their former home.

Feb. 21, 2007 - About 8:45 pm: "Extra" reports that Britney arrives at "Kevin Federline's house." In a separate article, “Extra” reports that Britney visits her “Malibu” home.

Feb. 21, 2007 - At 9:30 pm: "Extra" reports that Britney is picked up from "Kevin Federline's house" in a vehicle driven by her mother, Lynne.

Feb. 21, 2007 - At 10:20 pm: "Extra" reports that Britney and Lynne are observed to be driving around while arguing.

Feb. 21, 2007 - At 10:33 pm: "Extra" reports that Britney is driven to Promises by her mother Lynne and checks back into rehab for the third time. In a third article, "Extra" claims video exists of Britney and Lynne entering the gates of Promises for a minimum 30-day stay.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Mx_Defying said:

Despite Alli's claims - she stayed close to the Spears family. Alli met her husband through Adrienne Maloof. Adrienne said she was close to Jamie in 2012. 

1 hour ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I was aware that Berk and Harvey Levin were close.

But this is the first time I've heard the name "Sitrick."

https://www.sitrick.com/

@Mx_Defying on exhale! I don’t have to check Twitter anymore 😁

:matches:

• Haha 1

Britney's 2010 attempt at escaping from the CON...

Which thread did we discuss that in?

The timing of these stories is now possibly starting to make more sense:

Sept. 10, 2010 - In an “exclusive” article titled “Britney's Ex-Friend Accused of Psychotic Stalking,” TMZ reports that actor Samuel Barth has obtained a temporary restraining order against Sam Lutfi. Court documents allege that Lutfi developed such an obsession toward Barth that he hacked into his email, Facebook and Twitter accounts and set out on a campaign to terrorize and vilify Barth's mother and other relatives. TMZ omits that Barth’s attorney is Blair Berk.

Sept. 11, 2010 - In an “exclusive” article titled “FBI Probing Britney Spears Former Pal & Manager Sam Lufti,” Radaronline reports that the FBI is investigating Sam Lutfi for gaining access to actor Samuel Barth's email accounts, Twitter and Facebook accounts. “Lutfi also did the same thing to Samuel's mother Deborah's email and even impersonated her to friends and family in electronic communications,” claims a source familiar with the investigation. “The FBI is actively investigating all text messages, email, Twitter and Facebook accounts that were compromised by Lutfi." Radaronline omits that Barth’s attorney is Blair Berk.

On 6/21/2022 at 2:09 PM, RebellionSparkles said:

I will post these accountings soon! i havent figured out the tech problem yet with the website not giving me my dam $35 document! hehe... got totally distracted by work...bleghhh...and...now I'm in a rabbithole about why the CONs badly photo shopped that April 29, 2019 "refund" to Lutfi.

Ah! It was this thread!

Let me know when you're able to open the 2010 accountings.

We now have a number of things going on in 2010:

1. A possible legal escape attempt by Britney.
  2. Changes to the SJB Revocable Trust.
  3. "Net Cash" appearing in the accountings.
  4. A possible smear campaign against Lutfi by Blair Berk.
54 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Britney's 2010 attempt at escaping from the CON...

Which thread did we discuss that in?

The timing of these stories is now possibly starting to make more sense:

Sept. 10, 2010 - In an “exclusive” article titled “Britney's Ex-Friend Accused of Psychotic Stalking,” TMZ reports that actor Samuel Barth has obtained a temporary restraining order against Sam Lutfi. Court documents allege that Lutfi developed such an obsession toward Barth that he hacked into his email, Facebook and Twitter accounts and set out on a campaign to terrorize and vilify Barth's mother and other relatives. TMZ omits that Barth’s attorney is Blair Berk.

Sept. 11, 2010 - In an “exclusive” article titled “FBI Probing Britney Spears Former Pal & Manager Sam Lufti,” Radaronline reports that the FBI is investigating Sam Lutfi for gaining access to actor Samuel Barth's email accounts, Twitter and Facebook accounts. “Lutfi also did the same thing to Samuel's mother Deborah's email and even impersonated her to friends and family in electronic communications,” claims a source familiar with the investigation. “The FBI is actively investigating all text messages, email, Twitter and Facebook accounts that were compromised by Lutfi." Radaronline omits that Barth’s attorney is Blair Berk.

In the fourth account current there is a charge under “conservator legal fees” for “Conservatee Abuse”—and it’s not one of the typical lawyers. The Incident happened Sept 2010

• Like 2

Hiring Blair Berk  is like admitting you are a criminal, she is known for Weinstein.  I did a bit of digging on her husband, because this is clearly a group production and his IMDB is scrubbed of anything pre-2010 thought I did see a credit for Pepsi here https://www.imdb.com/name/nm4621754/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm

I can pretty much guarantee she was brought in by the wassers, as Laura loves to make a big pile of family style overbilling, it's her family recipe and I bet her dad is pulling the strings.

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, momoncourt said:

I can pretty much guarantee she was brought in by the wassers, as Laura loves to make a big pile of family style overbilling, it's her family recipe and I bet her dad is pulling the strings.

That's an excellent theory!

I hadn't thought of that one...But it makes perfect sense. It fits with our timeline completely.

Berk didn't need to be in on the January/February 2007 conference calls with Wasser, Larry Rudolph, Adam Leber, Vivian Lewitt, Gary Stiffelman, Dr. Betty Wyman, K-Fed, James Spears, Lynne Spears, and Bryan Spears...Not if Berk was receiving information straight from Laura Wasser.

5 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

That's an excellent theory!

I hadn't thought of that one...But it makes perfect sense. It fits with our timeline completely.

Berk didn't need to be in on the January/February 2007 conference calls with Wasser, Larry Rudolph, Adam Leber, Vivian Lewitt, Gary Stiffelman, Dr. Betty Wyman, K-Fed, James Spears, Lynne Spears, and Bryan Spears...Not if Berk was receiving information straight from Laura Wasser.

I honestly can't figure out why she's there at all, what were the criminal charges, that bill at the hotel for friend chicken mess?  Did she break a windshield with an umbrella?  Did Kfed get nudged into blowing every weird new mom moment into criminal charges?  Family law and Criminal law are totally different areas in the court house, family law (done correctly) should settle before going to court, and if you do go there is no jury, it's not the pomp and circumstance of a criminal law, and I've said it before - if Laura Wasser wants to join Blair as a high drama criminal defense lawyer I'll stop calling her a homewrecker.  

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, momoncourt said:

I honestly can't figure out why she's there at all, what were the criminal charges, that bill at the hotel for friend chicken mess?  Did she break a windshield with an umbrella?  Did Kfed get nudged into blowing every weird new mom moment into criminal charges?  Family law and Criminal law are totally different areas in the court house, family law (done correctly) should settle before going to court, and if you do go there is no jury, it's not the pomp and circumstance of a criminal law, and I've said it before - if Laura Wasser wants to join Blair as a high drama criminal defense lawyer I'll stop calling her a homewrecker.  

That's the million dollar question.

"What were the criminal charges?"

Obviously, they were able to secure some kind of evidence to use against Britney in February 2007. Otherwise, why would Berk reappear in family court with Britney after the CON had been put into place?

June 24, 2008:

"Blair Berk, one of Britney's other attorneys, is currently speaking with the pop singer as she waits in the front row. Sounds like the conversation's going well, too - our reporter says she's smiling!"

https://www.x17online.com/2008/06/britney_and_kevin_face_to_face_in_court

31 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Obviously, they were able to secure some kind of evidence to use against Britney in February 2007. Otherwise, why would Berk reappear in family court with Britney after the CON had been put into place?

June 24, 2008:

"Blair Berk, one of Britney's other attorneys, is currently speaking with the pop singer as she waits in the front row. Sounds like the conversation's going well, too - our reporter says she's smiling!"

https://www.x17online.com/2008/06/britney_and_kevin_face_to_face_in_court

Question: How good of an actor is Jamie?

February 2, 2008

https://www.tampabay.com/archive/2008/02/02/with-britney-in-hospital-her-family-takes-drastic-steps-to-stop-her-spiral/

Just as Spears' immediate family was taking charge of her life, Sam Lutfi, the man seen es***ting her about town and sometimes speaking on her behalf, was removed from the picture with a restraining order. A message left on Lutfi's cell phone seeking comment was not immediately returned.

James Spears' eyes grew teary when he was named conservator of his daughter. He and an attorney, Andrew Wallet, were named conservators of the estate. The parents sat with attorney Blair Berk throughout the hearing, smiling and embracing after the announcement.

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, momoncourt said:

I honestly can't figure out why she's there at all, what were the criminal charges, that bill at the hotel for friend chicken mess?

😆

but the weirdest past is that after the CON or right before it Berk said she was representing Jamie Spears! Which is even more confusing and ethically murky.

my guess is it had something to do with financial crimes…but your guess is as good as mine.

58 minutes ago, momoncourt said:

"family law (done correctly) should settle before going to court" - I remember thinking this in 07-08. Eardley agreed.

"Under the current circumstances, the conservator is denying Ms. Spears not only her liberty, but the ability to participate effectively in the ongoing custody litigation in the Los Angeles Superior Court." https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LQpq5dRI8hCHKha86RrXPQEtwIasJiUW/view?usp=sharing

"Did Kfed get nudged into blowing every weird new mom moment into criminal charges?"

If he wasn't directly willing to do this, I guess that's what Lutfi was for.   To nudge that process along. 

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Are we sure she went to Berk to defend herself from criminal charges and not to seek advice for a possible suit against someone else? Say, for example, someone who'd drugged her and checked her into rehab against her consent.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Ghoulia said:

If he wasn't directly willing to do this, I guess that's what Lutfi was for.   To nudge that process along. 

MVK himself said all he had to do was wait for the paparazzi to record her long enough to catch her doing something that could be seen as questionable...and it could be argued Lutfi was essentially making that job even easier

• Love 1
Just now, Ghoulia said:

I agree!  Was he surprised that this whole thing was pulled off? 

Yeah - it’s still a head scratcher how HE was put in charge of a massive biz and fortune. It really speaks to the misogyny surrounding Brit at the time (and even now). The lawyers were able to Convince the world that this deaD beat good ole boy should control the finances of his successful daughter? Whattttt??

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block