Blair Berk and the Conservatorship : A Research Thread

18 hours ago, RebellionSparkles said:

Posterity post:

Laney Gossip Feb 21 2007 speculates that Britney met with Blair Berk to get her family to release her assets.

//

She left rehab, she met with a lawyer called Blair Berk who has repped Mel Gibson and Reese Witherspoon in the past. Mel for his blubbering drunken tirade, Reese for pappy intrusion. Not known why Britney went in for the meeting though it"s not likely to do with her divorce. Some speculation that it could be around getting her family to release her assets - as mentioned earlier, word is Lynne and her advisers (not the druggie ones) have cut her off. I hear she could be trying to get control of her own accounts - in her state though, I wouldn"t let her near the money either. Stay tuned... TMZ

//

britney%20blonde%20wig11%20%20feb07.jpg

Lainey Gossip|Jude Law|Mel Gibson|Reese Witherspoon|Britney gets Lawyer...why?

This article is amazing.

Why?

Lainey's sources back then were solid.

It had never occurred to me that B was visiting Blair Berk to obtain access to her own money.

Side question...

How is it legal for her "management" to cut her off from her own credit card?!

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, Tar_isa said:

Just what I always thought

As much as I don't like to believe gossip blogs with no proof, this makes a lot of sense. It fits with what Sean Phillip said, too, about her not having access to her own money in late 2006.

https://twitter.com/TheSpearsRoom/status/1416181637113593861?s=20&t=8GQXSHyZdw_kRlVBOnaSNQ

4 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Interesting.

I used to read LaineyGossip daily, but I don't recall ever seeing this post.

But I must have...And I bet it's what put the bug in me to start following the story more closely.

Strangely...

I contacted Lainey a number of times in the early years, trying to get her to pay more attention to this case. She would never reply to my emails.

:surething_britney_eyeroll_rolling_eyes_um_okay:

I agree with @Tar_isa about the Lainey Gossip...it makes TOO much sense. It feels straight from the horses mouth.

The article about Britney giving a restraining order to Lynne and Lynne still working with Larry...I think Lynne and Larry were controlling Britney's money. Lutfi is hired to bug Britney to keep tabs on her. Lutfi probably thought he was going to be the Edan of the CON.

17 hours ago, RebellionSparkles said:

Not a dumb question. And the answer is it would all be related. In this context assets means bank accounts. Someone else controlled Britney’s bank accounts. If Laney gossip is correct, my guess would be it was Uncle Reggie through a Power of attorney and Lynne/Larry controlled the money.

Her money also could have been funnelled into Florida.

I made a post in the pre-CON thread about this not too long ago. 

Suddenly, @Ghoulia's find clicked for me. It suddenly made sense why Stacey Smith might create a new branch of Britney Touring, Inc. in Florida, and even be willing to pay $3,000 in fines for registering three years late...But then, on the surface, never use that branch!

EDIT:

To be clear, it would have been a show for Britney, and Britney only. 

At the time, she hadn't turned 25 yet, so keeping her money in Florida would have a huge legal benefit.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

I agree with @Tar_isa about the Lainey Gossip...it makes TOO much sense. It feels straight from the horses mouth.

The article about Britney giving a restraining order to Lynne and Lynne still working with Larry...I think Lynne and Larry were controlling Britney's money. Lutfi is hired to bug Britney to keep tabs on her. Lutfi probably thought he was going to be the Edan of the CON.

And the possibility that the lawyer that Lutfi took her to regarding the restraining order could have been Berk?

It's all starting to click.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

My guess it has something to do with court blocked accounts. Its sketchy AF, but its not difficult for me to believe that Britney's management cut her off from her own money.

COURTBLOCKEDACCOUNTSWFCMARKUP.png

Perhaps it was both?

Maybe Lynne was working with Uncle Reggie to cut her off from her "official" accounts in the state of Louisiana, while James/Larry were partaking in funky stuff in the state of Florida?

Lou looks to have been hired to bury some bodies for the WEG case, so there had to have been some kind of sketchiness going on somewhere. (My guess is with Larry and the New York branch of BTI following the Onyx Hotel tour payout.)

But...

My gut tells me the sketchiness wasn't with Uncle Reggie in Louisiana. Reggie was a banker for a living. It just doesn't seem as if he'd risk his career over it.

(However, I could be totally wrong.)

Edited by Steel Magnolia
1 minute ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Perhaps it was both?

Maybe Lynne was working with Uncle Reggie to cut her off from her "official" accounts in the state of Louisiana, while James/Larry were partaking in funky stuff in the state of Florida?

Lou looks to have been hired to bury some bodies for the WEG case, so there had to have been some kind of sketchiness going on somewhere. (My guess is with Larry and the New York branch of BTI following the Onyx Hotel tour payout.)

But...

My gut tells me the sketchiness wasn't with Uncle Reggie in Louisiana.

(However, I could be totally wrong.)

i think all of the above was happening. So many people were living off Britney, they had to pull every trick to keep it hidden from her.

I also agree that Uncle Reggie was more of a facilitator of the sketchiness.

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...
On 7/6/2021 at 12:47 PM, Steel Magnolia said:

I'd like to compile a thread full of information about criminal defence attorney Blair Berk.

Berk became a lawyer for Jamie Spears...But originally, she worked for Britney.

t1larg-blair2.jpg

A Timeline:

Berk first appeared in February 2007, just before Britney admitted herself to rehab for the third and final time:

Feb. 16, 2007:

• Britney shaves her head.

Feb. 20, 2007:

• “Right before Britney went into Promises, after she shaved her head, I got an anonymous call from a man while I was driving in Los Angeles. There are ***** planted in Britney’s Malibu home,” he said, going on to tell me that it was a conspiracy between Kevin and Britney’s assistants to make my daughter look like a bad mother.” (Lynne Spears, "Through The Storm," page 165)
  • Two paragraphs later, Lynne admits that the man who called about the ***** was Sam Lutfi. (Side note: Three months later, Lynne and her friend Jacqueline Butcher proceeded to attend a taping of Dancing With The Stars with Lutfi, and also discuss shoe and jewelry endorsements with him.)
  • Britney checked into Promises rehab center in Los Angeles.

Feb. 21, 2007:

• Kevin Federline was granted an ex parte (emergency) court hearing over custody of their two young sons.
  • Britney checked out of Promises and drove to meet with Blair Berk, a prominent criminal defense attorney.

Feb. 22, 2007

• Britney checked back into rehab for a third time, staying for 30 days.

The Result:

The result of this series of events was that Kevin Federline was handed sole physical custody of the boys for the duration of Britney's 30-day rehab stay. For the remainder of 2007, it meant Britney was fighting an uphill battle in the family court, which eventually labelled her a “habitual, frequent and continuous user of alcohol and controlled substances" and later fully stripped her of any form of visitation.

It created a situation where Britney would need to obtain the services of Kevin Federline and Jamie Spears for help to solve a problem that they themselves created. Britney would need to enter into a "voluntary" conservatorship in order to visit with her children. Kevin Federline and Jamie Spears brokered a visitation deal in which the conservatorship was required, with Jamie named as the monitor.

Blair Berk worked with Jamie Spears to help obtain the conservatorship, apparently based on the information she obtained from Britney herself during their February 2007 encounter.

My Request:

If you have any knowledge relating to Blair Berks' relationship with either Britney or Jamie Spears, can you please post it here?

I'm especially looking for links to legal documents.

Thank you! 

How is any of this legal? You can't represent someone then go against your client!? 

This whole c.ship was a money grab & the state of California shld be sued from Britney. 

If I were her lawyer I'd drag all these lawyers into court on indictments! Judges & all!

Then sue for Billions. Racketeering, money laundering, wire fraud, embezzlement! This case definitely falls under the Rico ACT. I've spent 3yrs on Britney's case, tracking money, LLC'S & Shell companies. It's insane that the FBI, DOJ, L.A. SHERIFF DEPT,  & IRS haven't done anything.  Everything is in plane site. Out of 63 companies traced to Lou Taylor,  Larry Rudolph,  Jamie Lynn, her husband Jamie, Jamie Spears Brother. All but 6 have the same P.O. BOX NO. traced to Panamas largest LAW Firm. Registered in Nevada. I'm Guessing Laura Wasser is involved in this too along with other lawyers. It's not 600 million missing it's more Like Billions! Britney's fragrance line is up 155% bringing in at least 800,000 a mo. Not kidding.  There all Currupt! Britney is worth a fortune! I don't even think she realizes how much she's worth & how much danger she's actually in. I had to walk away. It was consuming me. 

But I did submit proof to those who can do something about it.  I'm still waiting.......

• Love 1
  • 7 months later...
On 6/20/2023 at 5:51 PM, Steel Magnolia said:

Do you mind sharing the address of that law firm?

I don't have it, obviously. I am just a reader. Britney posted pictures of doors and windows for a while and one of the showed Panama City in the background.

For a bit of positivity: When she ran out of gas on a LA highway, a good Samaritan stopped, invited her to sit in her car and calmed her down. Britney called Sam Asghari who picked her up. The police showed up because the cars blocked part of the highway.

The good Samaritan briefly joined a Britney positive Facebook group and said she was offered money by tabloids to talk to them. She didn't accept. Her mother had been a staunch Britney fan, but she recently passed. The good Samaritan daughter honored her mother's memory.

• Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2024 at 1:56 AM, Hamelia said:

I don't have it, obviously. I am just a reader. Britney posted pictures of doors and windows for a while and one of the showed Panama City in the background.

For a bit of positivity: When she ran out of gas on a LA highway, a good Samaritan stopped, invited her to sit in her car and calmed her down. Britney called Sam Asghari who picked her up. The police showed up because the cars blocked part of the highway.

The good Samaritan briefly joined a Britney positive Facebook group and said she was offered money by tabloids to talk to them. She didn't accept. Her mother had been a staunch Britney fan, but she recently passed. The good Samaritan daughter honored her mother's memory.

I just, you bumped 3 years old thread

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block