Blair Berk and the Conservatorship : A Research Thread

8 minutes ago, Ghoulia said:

waiver of notice (not sure if this is for the March 16 hearing?) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KlNH2ZBIcUm3XE7Yq2_TuhK-ELsKok5E/view?usp=sharing

The probate referee!

Already appearing by March 16, 2010!

This is likely California Probate Referee Joseph D. Bua Sr.

Sept. 2010 - During this month, an expense for “Conservatee (Elder) Abuse & Cross Complaint” by Barger & Wolen, LLP in the amount of $6,170.00 is charged to Britney’s estate under “Conservatorship Legal Fees.” Further, an expense for California Probate Referee Joseph D. Bua Sr. in the amount of $10,000 is charged to the estate. Both appear under “Disbursements - Fiduciary and Attorney Fees” in the “2nd Redacted Fourth Account Current,” which is eventually filed with the probate court by June 14, 2013.

Edited by Steel Magnolia
13 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

The probate referee!

Already appearing by March 16, 2010!

This is likely California Probate Referee Joseph D. Bua Sr.

Sept. 2010 - During this month, an expense for “Conservatee (Elder) Abuse & Cross Complaint” by Barger & Wolen, LLP in the amount of $6,170.00 is charged to Britney’s estate under “Conservatorship Legal Fees.” Further, an expense for California Probate Referee Joseph D. Bua Sr. in the amount of $10,000 is charged to the estate. Both appear under “Disbursements - Fiduciary and Attorney Fees” in the “2nd Redacted Fourth Account Current,” which is eventually filed with the probate court by June 14, 2013.

Yes, that's him.

Is he waiving notice of a hearing scheduled for the next day? Waiving notice to be told his probate referee appraisal will be waived?

Here's the doc: https://drive.google.com/file/d/104cOIT9yITcjVv_5tY-Xf88ys38lxy-t/view?usp=sharing

spacer.png

Prepared by the Jerylls :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

Edited by Ghoulia

Hi! Love catching up on reading the super sleuth threads!  Good info!

Re Blair Berk I saw a few tweets today  :

Was it possible Britney was just looking for new lawyers to help her as she knew something was afoot?  Berk was a celebrity lawyer, so likely choice. Possibly the people around her were all shepherding her into the trap. 

The only ones she still trusted , (Lutfi and Sims) may have suggested this lawyer to help her.  (Both were probably planted / sus minions).  A criminal lawyer may have made her feel safer against family / Rudolph. 

(I think David Chesnick, criminal lawyer Las Vegas is the one  who handled the Jason Alexander marriage annulment, though not a criminal matter). 

These threads on Twitter suggest Berk was one of the main architects of the con.

Spoiler

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Barger & Wolen was established in 1976 and is a commercial law firm that primarily serves the insurance industry.

Bc the house of cards depends on Jamie being able to pay the bond company if he is proven to engage in financial malfeasance. Insurance companies are boring and slow. IMHO Jamie and Team Jamie were always worried about getting the bond bc he so clearly is not qualified. I assume the bond company made an executive decision based on the credit worthiness of his LAW FIRM. So the Geryls might be more concerned than Jamie right now…good they deserve it, and they should be concerned (IMHO). 💅

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Onyx1Boss said:

Hi! Love catching up on reading the super sleuth threads!  Good info!

Re Blair Berk I saw a few tweets today  :

Was it possible Britney was just looking for new lawyers to help her as she knew something was afoot?  Berk was a celebrity lawyer, so likely choice. Possibly the people around her were all shepherding her into the trap. 

The only ones she still trusted , (Lutfi and Sims) may have suggested this lawyer to help her.  (Both were probably planted / sus minions).  A criminal lawyer may have made her feel safer against family / Rudolph. 

(I think David Chesnick, criminal lawyer Las Vegas is the one  who handled the Jason Alexander marriage annulment, though not a criminal matter). 

These threads on Twitter suggest Berk was one of the main architects of the con.

Hide contents

💗 they are all starting to turn on each other IMO

• Love 1
On 6/26/2022 at 10:49 AM, Steel Magnolia said:

Ah! It was this thread!

Let me know when you're able to open the 2010 accountings.

We now have a number of things going on in 2010:

1. A possible legal escape attempt by Britney.
  2. Changes to the SJB Revocable Trust.
  3. "Net Cash" appearing in the accountings.
  4. A possible smear campaign against Lutfi by Blair Berk.

Something else that happened in 2010:

5. Somebody tried to fire The Jeryls.

Which thread were we talking about that in? Can someone refresh my memory?

Related:

On 6/26/2022 at 8:43 PM, momoncourt said:

this would be logical if Britney was a totally stable and non-isolated adult.  She went from working through her childhood into the Larry Rudolph era who I'm sure goes way back with all these people.  When she hires her own attorney it's a court appointment.  Blair Berk defended Kanye for doing some kind of ... Kanye antic, while he was with Kim Kardashian, and at this point we could just call Laura Wasser "Laura Wasser-Kardashian" her dad handled Kris's divorce, she goes to their white parties handles all the kids divorces (except Rpb who she sticks on her associate Erica Lubans).  It is totally on-brand for Laura to haul random people in that make it so high net worth people are stuck in a legal tangle for years, if minors were not at stake that would be her business.

My spidey sense is telling me that this hole in Blair berks husbands resume holds some clues other than Pepsi, Rudolf would always sign his clients with Pepsi - never Coke and this was height of soda wars.  I worked in music in that era and Rudolf was one of those creepy old guys managing boy bands, he got lucky and stumbled on some real talent.

Were Sam or Britney to commit some crime, like (just as an example) get a DUI.. or 3, do you think they would hire Blair Berk?  Laura Wassdashian is painfully transparent on insta, you can see who follows her - I think she asked Courtney Love to post that weird video then asked her to take it down, they follow each other and their kids (as well as Depp's) attended the same private school.

Sure, but I don't question who brought Berk into her life or what were Berk's true intentions towards her. And I agree with some of what you wrote (not with the very first sentence, though!), but I was only asking whether it's possible that she went to see Berk right after checking out of Promises because she wanted to explore suing someone who commited a crime against her, and not because she commited a crime herself.

Not because I'm convinced that's the case, but only because I think there's more options than one. 

22 minutes ago, Tar_isa said:

Sure, but I don't question who brought Berk into her life or what were Berk's true intentions towards her. And I agree with some of what you wrote (not with the very first sentence, though!), but I was only asking whether it's possible that she went to see Berk right after checking out of Promises because she wanted to explore suing someone who commited a crime against her, and not because she commited a crime herself.

Not because I'm convinced that's the case, but only because I think there's more options than one. 

I didn't think your theory was plausible because I was always under the impression that Lutfi showed up prior to Britney going to rehab.

But...

We eventually came across a new source for Kalie Machado's quotes...And as it turns out, Lutfi showed up after Britney went to rehab. She was still in Promises when Lutfi contacted Kalie.

That tells me that your theory is plausible.

Blair Berk may have listened to Britney's story on Feb. 21/07 and saw an opportunity...And then while Britney was in rehab, the dominos started to fall.

Feb. 21 2007 - Early Wednesday morning, Britney checks out of Promises after less than 24-hours and is driven by Alli Sims to meet with prominent criminal defence attorney Blair Berk, of Tarlow & Berk. She stays until almost 12:30 pm.

Feb. 21, 2007 - At 10:33 pm: "Extra" reports that Britney is driven to Promises by her mother Lynne and checks back into rehab for the third time. In a third article, "Extra" claims video exists of Britney and Lynne entering the gates of Promises for a minimum 30-day stay.

Mar. 7, 2007 - Around this time, Britney's assistant Kalie Machado claims that she received a call “at a restricted number” from Sam Lutfi. He said, "he was a private eye for Kevin and that Kevin had screwed him, so he was willing to hand over all this confidential information on Britney." Lutfi insisted they meet, says Machado, who reluctantly agreed to see him at a Santa Monica Starbucks. "He started telling me all these things," she says. "He said there was a search warrant to search Spears' Malibu house for *****, and 'I know there's a tap on your phone, and I know you're being followed.'" But for someone who claimed to know so much, says Machado, "he was asking weird questions, like 'what do you guys do during the day? Where do you go?' I was like, what a freak, so I just ended up leaving." Then, “I got more calls from Sam after that,” she remembers, “but I just ignored them.”

May 22, 2007 - Lynne Spears attends the season finale of Dancing with the Stars with Sam Lutfi, as well as discusses shoe and jewelry endorsements with him. 

Wasser was her family law attorney up until September 2007 when she publicly "fired" britney, then team con hired her back on.  

Wasser loves to bring an uzi to a knife fight, and she was getting ready to dip out - she is an unemotional shark and this is just business so she brought in her friend Blair Berk rather than asking her dad for help, at that point her firm was smaller she didn't have a whole stable of minions to placate clients and run billing up.  Her emails usually have 3 people cc-ed, 1 or 2 other attorneys and a paralegal.  Random family members, whoever is driving billing.  Her firm was smaller then and she was trying to prove she could handle a client she ultimately dropped.

the family court really does not like parents lobbying criminal charges against each other, even if britney had (again, just as an example - and I use this because it seems like a common Hollywood legal issue) multiple DUI's, she had completed treatment.  KFed was in his second round of custody, he has older kids, so I would really be surprised if he escalated to criminal court.  In the past five years I've met and reviewed cases of over one hundred families in the family court and I can think of one that escalated to criminal court, in that case the mom accused the dad of extreme violence (ring fighting) literally beating someone bloody, and she lost - she still has to share custody, apparently her ex did punch someone in a ring fight years prior but the person punched didn't press charges, the mom was really salty because dad had met someone new and knocked her up and the criminal court saw right through that act.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
57 minutes ago, momoncourt said:

Wasser was her family law attorney up until September 2007 when she publicly "fired" britney, then team con hired her back on.  

Wasser loves to bring an uzi to a knife fight, and she was getting ready to dip out - she is an unemotional shark and this is just business so she brought in her friend Blair Berk rather than asking her dad for help, at that point her firm was smaller she didn't have a whole stable of minions to placate clients and run billing up.  Her emails usually have 3 people cc-ed, 1 or 2 other attorneys and a paralegal.  Random family members, whoever is driving billing.  Her firm was smaller then and she was trying to prove she could handle a client she ultimately dropped.

This makes perfect sense.

Wasser and Lynne Spears worked together to force Britney into rehab in February 2007. According to Lutfi, Lynne drugged Britney prior to driving her to Promises. Britney may have visited Berk to consult with her about the drugging.

Did Britney know that Wasser and Lynne were working together?

Wasser may have gotten herself in a jam with her own client...And perhaps needed to recruit Berk to help bail her out?

• Love 1
On 6/28/2022 at 9:51 AM, Steel Magnolia said:

This makes perfect sense.

Wasser and Lynne Spears worked together to force Britney into rehab in February 2007. According to Lutfi, Lynne drugged Britney prior to driving her to Promises. Britney may have visited Berk to consult with her about the drugging.

Did Britney know that Wasser and Lynne were working together?

Wasser may have gotten herself in a jam with her own client...And perhaps needed to recruit Berk to help bail her out?

it's 100% on brand, it's how that team is treating Kanye but they had the experience of Britdependence and karshishifcation, so they tried to get him into rehab (ideally a 5150) before his marriage was over, I believe that man could work on being a better father, I think Laura and Kim could work on being better mothers.  I think Britney is a good mom who just needs to be left alone, but Whora Wasdashian created a process with Britney she's repeating on other high net worth families, get them in rehab and dangle their kids - for 10 years.  Thats why she has a Malibu house, a Ojia house and West Hollywood apartment, because she thinks she is barbie and is trying to run families like a bunch of dolls that will bend with her will.  She cares not for the children who loose contact with parents during those essential 10 years.  

(edited) Did Britney know that Laura worked for her parents after firing her?  All Britney knew at that age was work, from the mouse club to a recording contract she was groomed to believe that Rudolph and whatever trash was in his Rolodex from 1998 was her best option.  They kept her world intentionally tiny.  I can say, from experience that Wasser allows non-involved parties in family law communication.  Lynne was not a caregiver to Britneys kids, if Wasser was working to protect the kids she would have ignored grandparents, who are known to be meddlesome in family law cases and only have rights in specific cases where they provide primary care to the grandkids thus have "grandparents rights".  Who in their right mind would invite a bunch of boomers to a intervention, a medical process that should be done by a licensed medical professional?  

• Like 1

Blackbox gave over emails showing Lou was involved in creating the CON from the beginning.

Shawn Holley is Blackbox’s attorney.

Shawn Holley, Blair Berk, and Wasser are a lawyer clique.

so what does Blackbox’s “cooperation” imply about Berk? Who/what are they trying to protect? What does this imply about their strategy and the information that will come out next?

trouble_a.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 1

It seems safe to assume that any communications between Berk and Jamie at the beginning of the CON were not handed over to Rosengart. The precedent that Rosengart used to get the communications between the lawyers didn’t exist in in 2008. Berk would have assumed those communications were sacrosanct…these emails with Berk/Jamie would be extremely revealing.

can someone tell big sloppy that he needs to release the Berk comms?? He needs all the help he can get

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Do we know for sure it was Blackbox who gave Rosy those emails? I thought the filing said they obtained them through "a third party" and it only mentioned Blackbox later on regarding the surveillance.

I'm not saying the third party wasn't Blackbox, just exporing the possibility that it could be someone else (why would blackbox have those initial emails before the Con?). Kroll is an investigative agency, after all.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Tar_isa said:

Do we know for sure it was Blackbox who gave Rosy those emails? I thought the filing said they obtained them through "a third party" and it only mentioned Blackbox later on regarding the surveillance.

I'm not saying the third party wasn't Blackbox, just exporing the possibility that it could be someone else (why would blackbox have those initial emails before the Con?). Kroll is an investigative agency, after all.

Good catch.

Kyle Freeny's declaration doesn't state the emails came from BlackBox. She says the emails came from the cache of disorganized and unindexed documents that were dumped on them by James Parnell's team.

• Like 1

Interesting article I found on Berk.

The article addresses security firms that do reputation management for the rich and powerful. this would explain the Twitter trolls!

also, Berk seems to be incredibly offended that the unwashed masses can send information to millions of people so easily. BUT she also specifically calls out small accounts with only 5 followers can create major damage…that feels like a low Key nod to @Steel Magnolia 😂…maybe this explains why you are not getting DM weirdness. They are worried about you keeping receipts of harassment 

https://www.ft.com/content/72d779b9-ee9d-420c-b9b8-05a485f7fa2c

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, RebellionSparkles said:

BUT she also specifically calls out small accounts with only 5 followers can create major damage…that feels like a low Key nod to @Steel Magnolia 😂…maybe this explains why you are not getting DM weirdness. They are worried about you keeping receipts of harassment 

https://www.ft.com/content/72d779b9-ee9d-420c-b9b8-05a485f7fa2c

Ask my landlord how much I love to document. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

You can't build a legal case without preserving the evidence. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Ask my landlord how much I love to document. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

You can't build a legal case without preserving the evidence. 

That was funny.  Harassment has a narrow definition legally.  Making the definition broader than it actually  is legally is a great way to run up billing with uninformed clients.  Wasser likes to call anything other than praise "harassing messages".

Try telling your clients to keep it in their pants or close their legs, because it's the Wild West up in my internet and if you keep giving quotes to the press, you are fair game.

• Like 1

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block