Blair Berk and the Conservatorship : A Research Thread

22 hours ago, Tar_isa said:

I don't think it's the most logical reason for Jamie to seek advice from Blair Berk, since it's clear he engaged in other kinds of criminal activity and this particular thing is something that would probably never see the light of day . Even if it were true (and regardless of what we personally choose to believe, that's a big IF), B would probably never make it public, so why sould Jamie need a lawyer? Courtney said this a while back but it's pure hearsay.

I'm assuming that Lutfi made the allegation shortly after he was cut out of being a part of the CON...

But you're right...

Berk was already busy assembling the CON team prior to Lutfi making the allegations.

Feb. 1, 2008 - The probate laws of California are broken by the Superior Court when Britney Spears is placed under a temporary conservatorship (Case # BP108870)...James Spears and Lynne Spears sit with attorney Blair Berk throughout the hearing, smiling and embracing after the announcement that James and Andrew Wallet have officially been named co-conservators of Britney’s estate. The New York Times later reports that...Ms. Spears’s criminal lawyer, Blair Berk, was said to be overseeing the whole Humpty Dumpty-like effort.”

2 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I'm assuming that Lutfi made the allegation shortly after he was cut out of being a part of the CON...

But you're right...

Berk was already busy assembling the CON team prior to Lutfi making the allegations.

Feb. 1, 2008 - The probate laws of California are broken by the Superior Court when Britney Spears is placed under a temporary conservatorship (Case # BP108870)...James Spears and Lynne Spears sit with attorney Blair Berk throughout the hearing, smiling and embracing after the announcement that James and Andrew Wallet have officially been named co-conservators of Britney’s estate. The New York Times later reports that...Ms. Spears’s criminal lawyer, Blair Berk, was said to be overseeing the whole Humpty Dumpty-like effort.”

Remember we came to a consensus that Lutfi’s “job” has something to do with getting families in touch to deal with trust issues etc. and he def is some version of a private investigator and def is working with or for lawyers?

take a look at Coogan accounts on the previous page Wells Fargo brochure. I think Lutfi def has dealings with these. And my current guess is Larry specializes in taking advantage of these Coogan trusts bc it seems like he preys on the underage category w/ Dr. Luke.  Kesha and Doja both signed when they were minors.

• 1 month later...

posting this for posterity.

Johnny Depp + the Amber Heard trial was a recent pop culture moment. It was too toxic for me to follow. BUT, i just realized that Blair Berk was Amber Heard's lawyer and Laura Wasser was Johnny Depp's lawyer.

Hmmmmm...I wonder if Shawn Holley will get involved as well.

839-AC209-20-C1-4228-A581-FA83-FDE3-B1-E

amber-heard.jpg?quality=75&strip=all&w=1

The 30-year-old was summoned to attorney Blair Berk’s West Hollywood office to answer questions before the bitter divorce/domestic violence case against her estranged husband...

dea84-16511194129155-1920.jpg

American actor Johnny Depp's divorce lawyer, Laura Wasser, revealed that the actor and his ex-wife, Amber Heard, were under a restraining order and had attempted to settle their divorce...

Posterity post:

Laney Gossip Feb 21 2007 speculates that Britney met with Blair Berk to get her family to release her assets.

//

She left rehab, she met with a lawyer called Blair Berk who has repped Mel Gibson and Reese Witherspoon in the past. Mel for his blubbering drunken tirade, Reese for pappy intrusion. Not known why Britney went in for the meeting though it"s not likely to do with her divorce. Some speculation that it could be around getting her family to release her assets - as mentioned earlier, word is Lynne and her advisers (not the druggie ones) have cut her off. I hear she could be trying to get control of her own accounts - in her state though, I wouldn"t let her near the money either. Stay tuned... TMZ

//

britney%20blonde%20wig11%20%20feb07.jpg
WWW.LAINEYGOSSIP.COM

Lainey Gossip|Jude Law|Mel Gibson|Reese Witherspoon|Britney gets Lawyer...why?

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

Posterity post:

Laney Gossip Feb 21 2007 speculates that Britney met with Blair Berk to get her family to release her assets.

//

She left rehab, she met with a lawyer called Blair Berk who has repped Mel Gibson and Reese Witherspoon in the past. Mel for his blubbering drunken tirade, Reese for pappy intrusion. Not known why Britney went in for the meeting though it"s not likely to do with her divorce. Some speculation that it could be around getting her family to release her assets - as mentioned earlier, word is Lynne and her advisers (not the druggie ones) have cut her off. I hear she could be trying to get control of her own accounts - in her state though, I wouldn"t let her near the money either. Stay tuned... TMZ

//

What do you make of this rumor?  

6 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

In my humble opinion that rumor is 100% fact. That is essentially exactly the job description we created for Lutfi.

so now I’m even more convinced Berk hires Lutfi for his services (IMO).

Warning: stupid question incoming - 

The reports of her having a piece of a credit card number written on a scrap of paper in spring of 2007 - I always assumed this meant her team was keeping physical credit cards from her, not letting her have the PIN for an ATM card, hiding checkbooks from her - is this likely? Or is "releasing assets" something else?

Did this all start in late 06, after Kfed is gone? Around the time when Larry shows up in the ice skating photo op?

The TMZ doc repeated a line about her not having boundaries because her family was all being paid as staff, so they weren't telling her she was acting recklessly.  It seemed weirdly out of place with the main message of "Jamie saved her life back in 2008".  

17 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

In my humble opinion that rumor is 100% fact. That is essentially exactly the job description we created for Lutfi.

so now I’m even more convinced Berk hires Lutfi for his services (IMO).

This also makes a lot more sense in terms of all those questions of "what would Britney need a criminal defense attorney for? What is she trying to hide?" Nothing!! She probably met with a criminal defense attorney because she felt she was the victim of a crime. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Ghoulia said:

The reports of her having a piece of a credit card number written on a scrap of paper in spring of 2007 - I always assumed this meant her team was keeping physical credit cards from her, not letting her have the PIN for an ATM card, hiding checkbooks from her - is this likely? Or is "releasing assets" something else?

Not a dumb question. And the answer is it would all be related. In this context assets means bank accounts. Someone else controlled Britney’s bank accounts. If Laney gossip is correct, my guess would be it was Uncle Reggie through a Power of attorney and Lynne/Larry controlled the money.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

Not a dumb question. And the answer is it would all be related. In this context assets means bank accounts. Someone else controlled Britney’s bank accounts. If Laney gossip is correct, my guess would be it was Uncle Reggie through a Power of attorney and Lynne/Larry controlled the money.

OH! 

Reggie was manager of Bridgemore Timber in 2002 and the address is his PO box in Greensburg.  

Screen-Shot-2022-09-13-at-9-34-47-PM.png

16 hours ago, Ghoulia said:

She probably met with a criminal defense attorney because she felt she was the victim of a crime. 

Just what I always thought

17 hours ago, RebellionSparkles said:

I hear she could be trying to get control of her own accounts

As much as I don't like to believe gossip blogs with no proof, this makes a lot of sense. It fits with what Sean Phillip said, too, about her not having access to her own money in late 2006.

https://twitter.com/TheSpearsRoom/status/1416181637113593861?s=20&t=8GQXSHyZdw_kRlVBOnaSNQ

• Like 2
18 hours ago, RebellionSparkles said:

Posterity post:

//

//

Interesting.

I used to read LaineyGossip daily, but I don't recall ever seeing this post.

But I must have...And I bet it's what put the bug in me to start following the story more closely.

Strangely...

I contacted Lainey a number of times in the early years, trying to get her to pay more attention to this case. She would never reply to my emails.

:surething_britney_eyeroll_rolling_eyes_um_okay:

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

It's a shame our research threads are being moved to "Exhale Members Only."

If @Tar_isa hadn't just tagged me by default when posting one of my threads in the "BJS Kids & Family Trust" thread I wouldn't have known there was a conversation going on in this thread at all.

:surething_britney_eyeroll_rolling_eyes_um_okay:

I know, I only saw that one thread because I saw this one was moved to "exhale members only" and I got curious what else was happening in that section.

It might be because these are old threads or simply because it's only the same handful of people following and commenting on them, I don't know.

1 minute ago, RebellionSparkles said:

Boo - why did it get moved?

Because Slayer sucks?

He/she did the same with all of the Chronological Timelines, despite the fact that the original has something like 41.4 thousand views.

The most recent thread on Lutfi has 14.8 thousand views...Luckily it doesn't have the word "Research Thread" in the title or it would be moved over here as well.

:gtfo_britney_pink_wig_2007_mad_annoyed_irritated_stare:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block