Blair Berk and the Conservatorship : A Research Thread

50 minutes ago, Slave4Brit88 said:

So Britney met with Berk then she basically ALLEGEDLY (lol) took whatever info Britney told her, switched sides and used it against her to establish the c-ship...the way this gets worse like everyday :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

It's starting to feel important to know who retained Blair Berk.

If Britney retained her, then if feels as if Berk has done something unethical.

If someone else in the Spears family retained her, then I suppose (and perhaps a lawyer could clarify here) that using whatever information Britney told her — or whatever intel Team CON had gleaned on her  — was  completely fair game.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

The way I look at Lynne Spears is...

Every time Lynne accuses Lutfi of something, I'm assuming she's deflecting and is covering up for something she did herself.

Kalie Machado — Do we know if she quit? Or simply stopped working for Britney because there was no work left to perform? Britney entered rehab on February 21, 2007, and was scheduled to stay for 30- to 45-days.

The first meeting with Lutfi — Theoretically, Britney and Lutfi could have first met during her "party with Paris" phase. So, some time between November 2006, when she split with Kevin, and mid-February 2007, when she was shipped off to rehab in Antigua. I'm not sure that it would effect the timeline much — Lutfi started contacting Kalie Machado some time in February 2007, which dovetails with the time period that Lynne claims she received her anonymous phone call from him. (So let's go with Kalie's account, as she has no reason to lie that we know of.)

Gaining trust — Britney was released from rehab on March 21, 2007, but we don't see her photographed with Lutfi until June. So whether they met prior to rehab or after rehab, he hadn't become a fixture within her sphere for at least three months after she left Promises.

Planting ***** — Lynne has included that story in her book, "Through The Storm," for a purpose. We just don't know yet what that purpose is. I'm now assuming it was to cover up for something she did herself. Perhaps Lutfi purchased the *****, and Lynne planted them herself? Perhaps Lutfi had nothing to do with it, and Lynne planted the ***** herself? It's hard to say.

Whatever it is, Lutfi appears to be holding something major over the Spears family...Enough that he could "negotiate" the terms of his own restraining order with Blair Berk.

Reese Witherspoon Happy People Just Dont Shoot Their Husbands GIF

@Steel Magnolia, I believe you've just won your case.

I think you hit the nail on the head. The idea that Sam Lutfi is a foil to Lynne Spears' actions in "Through The Storm"--and/or that he aided and abetted a plan authorized by Lynne Spears--makes sense. The idea that Lynne Spears co-wrote "Through The Storm" as a huge CYA for the legal/historical record makes sense. Most of all, the idea that Lynne Spears has withheld information about her complicity in getting Britney committed to rehab and partially responsible for introducing Sam Lutfi into Britney's life makes a ton of sense. 

My mind keeps returning to those text messages between Sam and Lynne that appeared as discovery when Sam sued Lynne and the conservatorship in 2015. The tone between Sam and Lynne was so complex, belying a complex relationship. It all makes so much sense now. 

• Love 4
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, Y2KLady said:

Reese Witherspoon Happy People Just Dont Shoot Their Husbands GIF

@Steel Magnolia, I believe you've just won your case.

I think you hit the nail on the head. The idea that Sam Lutfi is a foil to Lynne Spears' actions in "Through The Storm"--and/or that he aided and abetted a plan authorized by Lynne Spears--makes sense. The idea that Lynne Spears co-wrote "Through The Storm" as a huge CYA for the legal/historical record makes sense. Most of all, the idea that Lynne Spears has withheld information about her complicity in getting Britney committed to rehab and partially responsible for introducing Sam Lutfi into Britney's life makes a ton of sense. 

My mind keeps returning to those text messages between Sam and Lynne that appeared as discovery when Sam sued Lynne and the conservatorship in 2015. The tone between Sam and Lynne was so complex, belying a complex relationship. It all makes so much sense now. 

Have you read the transcript of the Apr. 29, 2019 phone message that Lutfi left for Lynne, where he offers to give her money to fight Jamie and take on the conservator's role herself? It sounded like it was a conversation between two old buddies. 

It makes sense as to why Lynne hired her own lawyer shortly after and asked to be added as an interested party in the conservatorship, appearing in court with Britney by May 10, 2019...As much as I wanted to believe her motivation was to be there for her daughter, sadly, I suspect it is because she knew Britney was starting to push back, and that she best pull another CYA move before she was exposed.

I wonder how this story is going to end?

If Lynne were smart, she would get out ahead of the story and come clean before Lutfi does it on her behalf...However, I suspect her past behaviour may drift into the "criminal" range, so she is likely to continue taking Lou M. Taylor's advice and only come clean if her own lawyer isn't able to stifle the information coming out.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Have you read the transcript of the Apr. 29, 2019 phone message that Lutfi left for Lynne, where he offers to give her money to fight Jamie and take on the conservator's role herself? It sounded like it was a conversation between two old buddies. 

I haven't! I would love a link, if you have it handy? :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses: Please. Who am I talking to? I know you got the goods!

I agree that Lynne needs to shelve her ego and come clean at this point. Deny Lou M. Taylor the satisfaction of holding any additional leverage over your head, Lynne! The truth will set you free! :yeahhh_britney_oops_red_fist_cheer_yeah_smile_happy:

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

It's starting to feel important to know who retained Blair Berk.

If Britney retained her, then if feels as if Berk has done something unethical.

If someone else in the Spears family retained her, then I suppose (and perhaps a lawyer could clarify here) that using whatever information Britney told her — or whatever intel Team CON had gleaned on her  — was  completely fair game.

Agree. We also demand follow-up on the fact that Sam Lutfi negotiated the terms of his restraining order with Blair Berk.

God, these people.

miranda GIF

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Y2KLady said:

I haven't! I would love a link, if you have it handy? :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses: Please. Who am I talking to? I know you got the goods!

I agree that Lynne needs to shelve her ego and come clean at this point. Deny Lou M. Taylor the satisfaction of holding any additional leverage over your head, Lynne! The truth will set you free! :yeahhh_britney_oops_red_fist_cheer_yeah_smile_happy:

I'll work on the link.

In the meantime, here are two more threads that you may find of interest:

11 hours ago, Y2KLady said:

It totally worked. Thank you! 

Holy smokes is all I can type, because I'm on the floor.

From that final paragraph: "I didn't start this. I am merely a conduit." :airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked:

@Steel Magnolia do you think we can trust any of his words? 

No, I don't think we can trust any of his words.

He claims to speak from a place of concern for Britney, but do you see him advocating for Britney anywhere in that transcript?

Notice how he was so friendly with Lynne in the transcript, and then immediately turned on her and started leaking dirt about her on Twitter when she didn't take him up on his offer and slapped him with a restraining order instead.

We also need to question why this information is being leaked? It appears that Lutfi himself is the one leaking the transcript to The Blast, and Lutfi himself who leaks old texts and DM's to his Twitter followers. He does it to position himself within a certain space within "the movement" and people are falling for it. Prominent people within "the movement" have been interacting with him and liking his Tweets (which is highly disturbing to most long-time Britney fans).

However...

He could have leaked his information at any time over the past 13 years if his interest was truly to spring Britney from her conservatorship. Instead, he sat on it.

Also...

Good eye. I didn't catch this in the transcript earlier:

"I didn't start this. I am merely a conduit."

@Y2KLady What do you suppose that means? :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

No, I don't think we can trust any of his words.

He claims to speak from a place of concern for Britney, but do you see him advocating for Britney anywhere in that transcript?

Notice how he was so friendly with Lynne in the transcript, and then immediately turned on her and started leaking dirt about her on Twitter when she didn't take him up on his offer and slapped him with a restraining order instead.

We also need to question why this information is being leaked? It appears that Lutfi himself is the one leaking the transcript to The Blast, and Lutfi himself who leaks old texts and DM's to his Twitter followers. He does it to position himself within a certain space within "the movement" and people are falling for it. Prominent people within "the movement" have been interacting with him and liking his Tweets (which is highly disturbing to most long-time Britney fans).

However...

He could have leaked his information at any time over the past 13 years if his interest was truly to spring Britney from her conservatorship. Instead, he sat on it.

Also...

Good eye. I didn't catch this in the transcript earlier:

"I didn't start this. I am merely a conduit."

@Y2KLady What do you suppose that means? :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

Agree. His manipulation is so disgusting in this leaked transcript, and I am distressed that fans are trying to discuss Britney with him.

I’m equally pained that Britney has reached out to him and his sister at various points over the years as she’s tried to create plans to escape the conservatorship 😰 She still felt that she could trust him and his family. 

Regarding that bombshell quotation—“I didn’t start this. I am merely a conduit.”—I am on the fence as to whether we can trust some of his statements. He is a master manipulator, and capable of some extreme psychological ********. It’s my opinion that the most skilled sociopaths weave truth into their lies. It’s partially why they’re so effective in achieving their twisted goals. I’m inclined to believe those specific sentences. I believe they confirm your working hypothesis 😱 @Steel Magnolia!

• Love 1
On 8/18/2021 at 1:08 AM, Y2KLady said:

Agree. His manipulation is so disgusting in this leaked transcript, and I am distressed that fans are trying to discuss Britney with him.

I’m equally pained that Britney has reached out to him and his sister at various points over the years as she’s tried to create plans to escape the conservatorship 😰 She still felt that she could trust him and his family. 

Regarding that bombshell quotation—“I didn’t start this. I am merely a conduit.”—I am on the fence as to whether we can trust some of his statements. He is a master manipulator, and capable of some extreme psychological ********. It’s my opinion that the most skilled sociopaths weave truth into their lies. It’s partially why they’re so effective in achieving their twisted goals. I’m inclined to believe those specific sentences. I believe they confirm your working hypothesis 😱 @Steel Magnolia!

Here's where Lutfi can still be dangerous for B...

Apart from 2009, when she was given a cell phone and asked to call John Eardley...Do we know that she actually has reached out to Lutfi? Sure, he's made claims that she has as recently as 2018. But do we know if he's telling the truth? It seems he can paint her as being "susceptible to undue influence" quite easily, just by making an unproven claim. 

He is a lot less of a threat now that Rosengart is on board, but until she's actually freed it's always going to be a worry.

A far as Lutfi's "conduit" remark...

It does seem to confirm my working hypothesis...especially because he refers to "they" several different times earlier in the transcript. Who specifically is he speaking about? Berk? The lawyers at Luce Forward? The judge?

@Y2KLady Do you think the "they" he's referring to are the very people he's the conduit for?

• Love 1
On 8/15/2021 at 3:09 AM, Steel Magnolia said:

Do we know the dates that each of Berk's cases occurred?

What order did these transpire in?

EDIT: 

Britney Spears:

February 21, 2007
https://dlisted.com/2007/02/21/every-breath-you-take/

Lindsay Lohan:

July 25, 2007
https://www.wsj.com/articles/BL-LB-4180

Samuel Barth:

Case Number: BS128349
SAMUEL BARTH VS. OSAMA LUTFI

Filing Date: 09/10/2010
Case Type: Civil Harassment (General Jurisdiction)

Parties

BARTH SAMUEL – Plaintiff/Petitioner
BERK BLAIR ESQ. – Attorney for Plaintiff/Petitioner
LUTFI OSAMA – Defendant/Respondent
SAM LUTFI – Defendant/Respondent’s AKA

Courtney Love:

TBD

Samuel Barth v. Osama Lutfi BS 128349 

• Like 1
On 7/7/2021 at 8:18 AM, Steel Magnolia said:

Samuel Barth's case occurred in 2010...But I remember a Blender article from 2008 mentioning Danny Haines and a restraining order, if my memory serves me correctly?

September 10, 2010:

"Samuel Barth -- an aspiring actor/model -- claims Lutfi developed such an obsession toward him that he hacked into his email, Facebook and Twitter accounts and set out on a campaign to terrorize and vilify Barth's mother and other relatives."

Source: https://www.tmz.com/2010/09/10/britney-spears-friend-sam-lutfi-restraining-order-samuel-barth/

No Blair Berk bought off Model/actor Samuel in 2010.

The case Case Number: BS128349 brings up ZERO results on Pacer, Justia, or LA court, it's a TRO Lutfi didn't even show up. Literally anyone can get a 14 day TRO in California, it says 2013 on trellis but that's not how it works. They never even went back to court to make it permanent. OF COURSE! TMZ had a camera crew on the scene when aspiring actor/model Samuel Barth is leaving the court.  😂 And I'm sure the fact that Blair Birk is Samuel's lawyer is just a coincidence. Nice of her to take a break from her celebrity clients like rap*** Harvey Weinstein and Britney Spears and help a kid out with his TRO. Apparently it wasn't a conflict of interest that Blair Birk testified against Lutfi in his 2009 restraining order proceedings .Reminds me of that time the Judge for Harvey Weinstein warned that two of his lawyers face a potential conflict of interest because they represented one of his accusers, Rose McGowan. Whenever I think maybe I'm reaching I go back and read Ronan Farrows New Yorker article 

" Burke also noted that McGowan has an email that Weinstein sent his Los Angeles attorney, Blair Berk, after McGowan suggested that co****e had been planted in her bag to discredit her and mute her r*** allegation about Weinstein. In the email, Weinstein writes, “Obviously trying to silence her,” and Berk responded: “I took care of getting that arrest warrant issued against her back on February 1 just so there would be no fingerprints. Damn.” 

• Love 2
On 8/19/2021 at 8:43 AM, Steel Magnolia said:

Here's where Lutfi can still be dangerous for B...

Apart from 2009, when she was given a cell phone and asked to call John Eardley...Do we know that she actually has reached out to Lutfi? Sure, he's made claims that she has as recently as 2018. But do we know if he's telling the truth? It seems he can paint her as being "susceptible to undue influence" quite easily, just by making an unproven claim. 

He is a lot less of a threat now that Rosengart is on board, but until she's actually freed it's always going to be a worry.

A far as Lutfi's "conduit" remark...

It does seem to confirm my working hypothesis...especially because he refers to "they" several different times earlier in the transcript. Who specifically is he speaking about? Berk? The lawyers at Luce Forward? The judge?

@Y2KLady Do you think the "they" he's referring to are the very people he's the conduit for?

Very interesting food for thought.

I agree that Sam Lutfi is a huge question mark for B at best, and a malicious sociopath at worst. The dude created, or became entangled, in some very dark actions pertaining to the family's attempts to control Britney's life, pre-conservatorship. He can't seem to let it go. 

In regards to your question about whether Britney actually reached out to Lutfi in order to contact Jon Eardley, we don't know for certain. B hasn't gone on the record, beyond her leaked voicemails to Eardley. I am inclined to think the worst of Lutfi, unless Britney and/or her legal representation can refute those opinions. 

@Steel Magnolia, I went back through that jpeg you provided of the voicemail transcript from Lutfi to Lynne Spears. Whomever he refers to as "they" is linked to whomever was in an architectural role with controlling Britney's life, starting in 2007. It is clear to me that separate groups of people have fluidly occupied these roles, and their goals may not have always been shared. It is also clear that Lou M. Taylor is the very first person he associates with "they," so there are links between this group of manipulators (who potentially included Blair Berk, judges) and Team Con (ca. April 29, 2019, the date of the transcript in question). 

N.B. I refer to line numbers in the transcript text, since there are no clear paragraphs or similar demarcations in the document's grammar. Count down from the first line in the doc as number 1; the final line in the doc is number 53.

Here are my notes on who Sam associates with "they:"

• Line 2: "Lou" - Lou M. Taylor appears early and often in this text. She is the primary mover and shaker within the group. 
  • Line 8: "the minute they transfer the position to you" - the first opaque reference to "they," most likely the group of lawyers and stakeholders who were part of Team Con when Lutfi left this voicemail. Therefore: Lou M. Taylor, Tri-Star staff (i.e. Robin Greenhill, but I am not clear on her tenure in Britney's life), Jamie Spears, Larry Rudolph (by association), Jamie Spears' legal representation; any members of the State Bar of California who were potentially bribed. 
  • Lines 9-10: "all the wrong people, ie Lou" - Lutfi often conflates "them"/"they" with Lou.
  • Line 14: "JL" - Jamie Lynn Spears mentioned in context of having to shill in order to make an income. She does not seem to be mentioned as a player in "they"/Team Con, but we know otherwise now from other sources, including Britney herself. 
  • Lines 16-17: "you are the one that's never abused alcohol or *****..." - oblique reference to Jamie Spears.
  • Lines 25-26: redacted reference to "affair" - could have multiple meanings. Lutfi mentioned "affairs" previously in a romantic context, but the term can also allude to business entanglements. Lutfi likely means romantic relationships here. The redaction is a potentially implicating piece of information, so who could it refer to? The context suggests that Lou M. Taylor covered up the affair; possibly one of Jason Trawick's affairs while he was in a relationship or married to Britney? 
  • Line 33: "your old friend J" - possibly Jacqueline Butcher or Jamie Spears. We know from Ronan Farrow and Jia Tolentino's reporting that Jackie Butcher's testimony was the necessary component to implementing Britney's temporary conservatorship.
  • Lines 33-34: "big Jamie" - Jamie Spears.
  • Lines 39-40: "they may try to take over big Jamie's position and end up successful...God knows what hell they may put you through..." - the shadow world of Team Con, ca. April 29, 2019, headed by Lou M. Taylor.
  • Lines 44-45: "I tried all of 2007 to do this for you and I was the only one to. 12 years later they are still treating you like a second class citizen..." - the first reference to a group of people who have been working together since 2007. Therefore: Lou M. Taylor, Tri-Star staff (i.e. Robin Greenhill, but I am not clear on her tenure in Britney's life), Jamie Spears, Larry Rudolph (by association), Jamie Spears' legal representation, possibly Blair Berk; any members of the State Bar of California who were potentially bribed.
  •  Lines 47-52: "You know better than anyone how that feels, they've done the same to you. they have had all the chances to put you in charge..." - "they" hinges on Lou M. Taylor.

Other notes: I find it fascinating that Lutfi leaves this voicemail for Lynne Spears a few weeks following Andrew Wallet's resignation. Remember Wallet stated that he brought "stability and leadership" to Team Con when he asked for a raise in Oct. 2018? Wallet resigned, it seems, in direct opposition to Britney's institutionalization. Jamie is the only one calling the shots for Britney's person and estate, and he's making some reprehensible decisions. From a generous perspective, one could argue that Lynne Spears disagreed with Britney's institutionalization from Jan.-Apr. 2019, and was searching for ways to wrest control of the conservatorship to help her daughter. Lutfi senses an opportunity to intervene in Jamie and Team Con's grip on Britney. If we are being generous, he may have operated out of some guilt and had good intentions. He tried to sway Lynne Spears to hire a rockstar lawyer and beat back Jamie and Team Con. Again--if we are being generous :wink_britney_everytime_white:

I also find it fascinating that Lutfi sent Lynne Spears money!!!! (Line 42.) Most likely for retaining a rockstar lawyer.

• Love 1
On 7/7/2021 at 5:03 PM, Steel Magnolia said:

I shouldn't say that I "hadn't thought of" that theory...

I did think they were keeping her in the conservatorship to keep her from being deposed in the earlier lawsuits (Brand Sense, Flores, Lutfi). But the longer time went on, and the more the lawsuits were settled, I guess I just forgot about that being a possible cause.

But you're right...It's still a sound theory...Even with the Lutfi lawsuit in the past, he's still there, hovering over them.

They must be ****ting themselves right now, trying to figure out what to do!

Somehow Lutfi is still out and about in Hollywood, doing exactly what? 

Its like he has nine lives. He has burnt many bridges but people seem drawn to him. So what is he offering exactly? 

I mean after they settled in court he laid low for a while but lately he has been outspoken again. Kind of. 

I thought he signed an NDA or some sort of agreement in exchange for a decent amount of money. But he is talking again. 

This is all speculation on my part of course but I can not be the only one noticing how he never seem to go away. 

• Like 1
On 8/21/2021 at 8:04 PM, PrincessAkwa said:

Somehow Lutfi is still out and about in Hollywood, doing exactly what? 

Its like he has nine lives. He has burnt many bridges but people seem drawn to him. So what is he offering exactly? 

I mean after they settled in court he laid low for a while but lately he has been outspoken again. Kind of. 

I thought he signed an NDA or some sort of agreement in exchange for a decent amount of money. But he is talking again. 

This is all speculation on my part of course but I can not be the only one noticing how he never seem to go away. 

he is a producer. He worked something on Rick and Morty, for example (but i'm nor sure if it's production, but yeah, he worked on Rick and Morty)dd

On 8/21/2021 at 2:56 PM, Y2KLady said:

I also find it fascinating that Lutfi sent Lynne Spears money!!!! (Line 42.) Most likely for retaining a rockstar lawyer.

yeah, actually lynne's lawyers in the cship have been sending lutfi's lawyer sealed court documents too. so, they 100% worked together then and now too.

And that got me thinking about JL, and the rumored role of hers as being a "double agent". Lynne and Lutfi seem friendly, and Lutfi def knew JL from 2007 and were friendly. Lutfi calls her and gets a restraining order with the texts plastered on the court doc made by Jamie's lawyers? I thought Lynne was bugged, but I'm starting to suspect JL had the mind to rat her mom out to her dad.

On 8/18/2021 at 2:08 AM, Y2KLady said:

I actually don't think Britney supports him 100%. I think she does hold a grudge against him because of the 5150. It did seem she thought he was responsible for both 5150 and was told by Jamie Lutfi was the sole responsible one for that. The "friend at the door" during the first 5150 could only be Lutfi or Lulu (I think?), since Alli wasn't there.

Also, the hairdresser story about Britney ratting him out to a bodyguard.

I do think Britney, though, is aware he is the only outsider with knowledge on the cship, on what happened and he is savvy and resourceful enough to do something about it. So, it's complex.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

It's hard to say whether Lutfi is still actively involved in some sort of nefarious scheme. He confuses me. 

What is super creepy is that he's active on social media and chattering with journalists and the Britney fan community. Dude can't let it go. 

Lutfi's motives could be multiple:

• A wish to restore his reputation
  • A wish to tell the truth about a high-profile situation in which the public has never had all the pertinent facts
  • A wish for more money via extortion
  • A wish to assuage his guilt about whichever complicit act(s) he participated in over the years
  • A wish to free Britney
  • A wish to strike a plea bargain to somehow avoid criminal charges
  • A pretty hefty wish, based on the voicemail transcript above, to nail the architects of the conservatorship to the wall (whom he perceives as having wronged him)
  • A wish to capitalize on the situation in order to create multiple revenue streams for himself (i.e., entertainment deals such as books, music, production roles)

He is treated as a somewhat credible source for the Britney mystery. I can't shake the feeling that he wants to tell the truth out of contrition. But that's a feeling, not proof.

Mean Girls Whatever GIF

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block