Blair Berk and the Conservatorship : A Research Thread

On 7/7/2021 at 3:11 PM, Steel Magnolia said:

This thread may start to intersect more and more with this thread:

...But it would be helpful to obtain more legal documents so that there is something more tangible to go by than old news articles.

You know I initially thought that the reason for Team Con “keeping” Britney locked up in a conservatorship was to prevent her from being disposed.    

Confused Liam Neeson GIF

There have been quite a few litigations over the 13 years from Brand Sense to Bodyguard Fernando Flores to Lufti and more (that we know of, others that have possibly been settled out of court - people paid off - before being made public).   

Your question “was Lufti hired by team con”. If your definition of Team Con includes Federline and his attorney Mark Vincent Kaplan, then YES! It’s a definite maybe. They needed dirt on Britney to “win” essentially and when working with Larry (he always gets off so easily), Jamie, Lou and Lynne, they needed to secure a guardianship also. With so many different types of guardianship available why the most restrictive one? What possessed them to incapacitate her completely, including gagging her from appearing in court. Was she being blackmailed? 

If Britney knew the real backstory of how Lufti came to be involved in her life, before “seemingly” breaking rank and going over to her side (his accusations that Britney used illicit ***** though seemed strategic), then he could use her as a witness in his litigation vs. team con. But, with the gagging of the “conservatorship” in place and his NDA, Lufi could never use this info or Britney as a witness (to back him up in court and expose team con). He really fought hard to get her on the stand! Of course he always says he knows a lot more than he can let on. He is likely bluffing. But still. Food for thought!

This deviation away from Blair, is a just a theory. You always get me thinking!,l According to the Lufti vs Spears case in 2015 (I have the full pdf), this is how the court was “told” they met (in a nightclub..allegedly over a hat).

DA0-BE5-CC-EDB9-4-EC3-9217-A528020-B8169

58-FED042-F936-44-F8-8-AA9-92-FFB6-FD0-A

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Justin Woodpond said:

You know I initially thought that the reason for Team Con “keeping” Britney locked up in a conservatorship was to prevent her from being disposed.    

Confused Liam Neeson GIF

There have been quite a few litigations over the 13 years from Brand Sense to Bodyguard Fernando Flores to Lufti and more (that we know of, others that have possibly been settled out of court - people paid off - before being made public).   

Your question “was Lufti hired by team con”. If your definition of Team Con includes Federline and his attorney Mark Vincent Kaplan, then YES! It’s a definite maybe. They needed dirt on Britney to “win” essentially and when working with Larry (he always gets off so easily), Jamie, Lou and Lynne, they needed to secure a guardianship also. With so many different types of guardianship available why the most restrictive one? What possessed them to incapacitate her complete, including gagging her from appearing in court. Was she being blackmailed? 

If Britney knew the real backstory of how Lufti came to be involved in her life, before “seemingly” breaking rank and going over to her side (his accusations that Britney used illicit ***** though seemed strategic), then he could use her as a witness in his litigation vs. team con. But, with the gagging of the “conservatorship” in place and his proble NDA, Lufi could never use this info or Britney as a witness (to back him up in court and expose team con). He really fought hard to get her on the stand! Of course he always says he knows a lot more than he can let on. He is likely bluffing. But still. Food for thought!

This deviation away from Blair, is a just a theory. You always get me thinking!,l According to the Lufti vs Spears case in 2015 (I have the full pdf), this is how the court was “told” they met (in a nightclub over a hat).

DA0-BE5-CC-EDB9-4-EC3-9217-A528020-B8169

58-FED042-F936-44-F8-8-AA9-92-FFB6-FD0-A

OMG! Thank you!

Such an amazing theory. One that I hadn't considered.

I know I already have so many of these documents, but they're on old hard drives. I also came across an old email account I used for sleuthing back in the day, from 2008 to 2014...but I can't remember the password and can't seem to get into the account.

There's probably such a treasure trove of info in all of my old research...I abandoned it when I attended grad school in 2014, so I can't recall what all is there. But more and more it seems like it's worth digging it out.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

OMG! Thank you!

Such an amazing theory. One that I hadn't considered.

I know I already have so many of these documents, but they're on hold hard drives. I also came across an old email account I used for sleuthing back in the day, from 2008 to 2014...but I can't remember the password and can't seem to get into the account.

There's probably such a treasure trove of info in all of my old research...I abandoned it when I attended grad school in 2014, so I can't recall what all is there. But more and more it seems like it's worth digging it out.

Casetext has a lot of Britney related court documents (none featuring Blair that I could find). You can download the pdfs for free.

https://casetext.com

The gagging/deposition theory is just that, a theory, initially at least, until I realised they kept Brit locked into a conservatorship really for two main reasons

1. To enrich themselves 

2. to keep the premiums low so that she would be insurable in order to be hired to perform (again so they could enrich themselves)

Without the conservatorship Britney is essentially uninsurable. Which is why she may never ever perform (a residency) again, and why Larry probably jumped knowing that the conservatorship would end eventually soon. Alas, touring/residencies (and a makeup line) is the only real way veteran artists can make money these days. We can thank steaming for that!

Im going to keep digging for evidence on Blair. But, it’s looking grim so far!

• Love 2
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Justin Woodpond said:

Casetext has a lot of Britney related court documents (none featuring Blair that I could find). You can download the pdfs for free.

https://casetext.com

The gagging/deposition theory is just that, a theory, initially at least, until I realised they kept Brit locked into a conservatorship really for two main reasons

1. To enrich themselves 

2. to keep the premiums low so that she would be insurable in order to be hired to perform (again so they could enrich themselves)

Without the conservatorship Britney is essentially uninsurable. Which is why she may never ever perform (a residency) again, and why Larry probably jumped knowing that the conservatorship would end eventually soon. Alas, touring/residencies (and a makeup line) is the only real way veteran artists can make money these days. We can thank steaming for that!

Im going to keep digging for evidence on Blair. But, it’s looking grim so far!

I shouldn't say that I "hadn't thought of" that theory...

I did think they were keeping her in the conservatorship to keep her from being deposed in the earlier lawsuits (Brand Sense, Flores, Lutfi). But the longer time went on, and the more the lawsuits were settled, I guess I just forgot about that being a possible cause.

But you're right...It's still a sound theory...Even with the Lutfi lawsuit in the past, he's still there, hovering over them.

They must be ****ting themselves right now, trying to figure out what to do!

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2021 at 4:50 PM, Justin Woodpond said:

until I realised they kept Brit locked into a conservatorship really for two main reasons

1. To enrich themselves 

Without the conservatorship Britney is essentially uninsurable. Which is why she may never ever perform (a residency) again, and why Larry probably jumped knowing that the conservatorship would end eventually soon. 

It all makes sense :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

27 minutes ago, Applejack said:

Now knowing that Alli confirmed too that Lynne spiked Britney's drink, Lutfi backing that up, and this very old TMZ article finally making sense (https://www.tmz.com/2007/06/29/britney-claims-her-rehab-was-bogus/), Britney's visit to Blair Berk (a criminal defense attorney) is making more and more sense.

Britney wanted a test from when she checked in to prove she was drugged. But she didn't get it.

Britney wanted to press criminal charges against Larry and her family, and consulted Berk. In my point of view, Berk advised Britney to check into rehab anyway due to Britney's tabloid image at the time.

Berk helped the conservatorship.

I wonder if Sam Lutfi and Betty Wineman, the celebrity interventionist, have a history of working together?

Has her name come up before in relation to other cases that Lutfi and Berk have both been associated with?

5 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I wonder if Sam Lutfi and Betty Wineman, the celebrity interventionist, have a history of working together?

Has her name come up before in relation to other cases that Lutfi and Berk have both been associated with?

not in a quick search.

https://rehabreviews.com/betty-wyman-interventionist-review/

Many of her clients are high-profile individuals, including actor Rob Lowe, who listed Wyman as a treasured friend and confidant in the acknowledgments of his book, Stories I Only Tell My Friends: An Autobiography, actress Drew Barrymore and Grammy Award-winning singer Cee Lo Green. She was also supposedly a sober companion for Britney Spears.

none of them are connect to lutfi afaik, cee lo green was berk's client

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, Applejack said:

not in a quick search.

https://rehabreviews.com/betty-wyman-interventionist-review/

Many of her clients are high-profile individuals, including actor Rob Lowe, who listed Wyman as a treasured friend and confidant in the acknowledgments of his book, Stories I Only Tell My Friends: An Autobiography, actress Drew Barrymore and Grammy Award-winning singer Cee Lo Green. She was also supposedly a sober companion for Britney Spears.

none of them are connect to lutfi afaik, cee lo green was berk's client

Ah, I figured her name must have been spelled wrong...I did a quick search but came up with nothing.

Betty Wyman and Wyman Consulting...Two names to watch out for going forward.

2 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Ah, I figured her name must have been spelled wrong...I did a quick search but came up with nothing.

Betty Wyman and Wyman Consulting...Two names to watch out for going forward.

earl hightower is another celebrity interventionist. he worked with lindsay lohan. no direct ties to lutfi or britney afaik but might be worth keeping an eye on him too

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Applejack said:

earl hightower is another celebrity interventionist. he worked with lindsay lohan. no direct ties to lutfi or britney afaik but might be worth keeping an eye on him too

I wonder if Team CON was going at this with a multi-pronged approach?

Involve Betty Wyman as a "legit" interventionist...and then bring Lutfi in as a "non-legit" interventionist?

Kaplan asked Larry Rudolph about Betty Wyman during Larry's deposition, and Larry readily admitted he was behind bringing Betty into the fold.

Yet we still have Lutfi calling Lynne's cell phone "before Britney went to Promises, after she shaved her head."

Lynne didn't specify if it was before the first or second trip to Promises.

I wonder if Betty and Lynne were able to get Britney into Promises the first time by drugging her...and Lutfi, by planting ***** in her Malibu home, was able to get her in the second time?

Lynne seems to blame things on Lutfi to detract from her own nefarious deeds...So that story about Lutfi calling her cell phone must have in some way served a purpose or she wouldn't have included it.

• Love 1
  • Like 5
4 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I wonder if Team CON was going at this with a multi-pronged approach?

Involve Betty Wyman as a "legit" interventionist...and then bring Lutfi in as a "non-legit" interventionist?

Kaplan asked Larry Rudolph about Betty Wyman during Larry's deposition, and Larry readily admitted he was behind bringing Betty into the fold.

Yet we still have Lutfi calling Lynne's cell phone "before Britney went to Promises, after she shaved her head."

Lynne didn't specify if it was before the first or second trip to Promises.

I wonder if Betty and Lynne were able to get Britney into Promises the first time by drugging her...and Lutfi, by planting ***** in her Malibu home, was able to get her in the second time?

Lynne seems to blame things on Lutfi to detract from her own nefarious deeds...So that story about Lutfi calling her cell phone must have in some way served a purpose or she wouldn't have included it.

About this,

it could be. But I was left with the impression that Britney checked into Promises the second time by her own free will. I do think Blair Berk said it was best for her to complete the treatment and prove she was fine.

Checking in and checking out in one day is a really weird routine and that happened with the Caribbean rehab too. It's almost as if Britney was checking in without a say, and when the meds effects disappeared a day later, she would come to her senses and just go home. But by the third time she actually sat tight and hung in there.

I do think Lutfi was brought in for something of the sort, to be there with Britney everyday and report back to not only Kaplan but Lynne and Jamie as well, but the phone call Lynne said that happened still doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. There's still something missing for me, and the fact Lynne wasn't 100% truthful and Lutfi is shady is even more confusing. But you're right that there's a reason why she would mention that phone call... I don't think that was how they met and I don't know if it was a manner to have Britney committed (but that's very interesting!!!), but there's something about it that smells bad to me.

I'm just not sure of what. Maybe he really was trying to get her committed, but the **** scare seemed to me a better direct tactic for the family court case, rather than an indirect one through rehab. They did want Britney in rehab so KFed could request full custody, but **** planting was going to be an approach that would take a while to be worth.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Applejack said:

About this,

it could be. But I was left with the impression that Britney checked into Promises the second time by her own free will. I do think Blair Berk said it was best for her to complete the treatment and prove she was fine.

Checking in and checking out in one day is a really weird routine and that happened with the Caribbean rehab too. It's almost as if Britney was checking in without a say, and when the meds effects disappeared a day later, she would come to her senses and just go home. But by the third time she actually sat tight and hung in there.

I do think Lutfi was brought in for something of the sort, to be there with Britney everyday and report back to not only Kaplan but Lynne and Jamie as well, but the phone call Lynne said that happened still doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. There's still something missing for me, and the fact Lynne wasn't 100% truthful and Lutfi is shady is even more confusing. But you're right that there's a reason why she would mention that phone call... I don't think that was how they met and I don't know if it was a manner to have Britney committed (but that's very interesting!!!), but there's something about it that smells bad to me.

I'm just not sure of what. Maybe he really was trying to get her committed, but the **** scare seemed to me a better direct tactic for the family court case, rather than an indirect one through rehab. They did want Britney in rehab so KFed could request full custody, but **** planting was going to be an approach that would take a while to be worth.

I created a thread within the last week or two called, "My emails from 2008." Within it I was copying and pasting old emails from some sleuthing friends from the first year of the conservatorship...Until I tried to copy over an original thread from JFXOnline that had almost 500 replies, and literally broke the BH thread (Jordan hasn't been able to fix it. lol. Only the first two pages can be accessed, but page 3 is jammed.)

Anywho...

I noticed within one of the emails I had written in 2008 that I'd come across an article saying that they were threatening Britney with a stay in a mental health facility in February 2007, but that they went with rehab instead...I don't know if that's significant at all, but thought it worth mentioning.

As for Lynne...

From here on out, every time she blames something on Lutfi I'm going to assume she's lying, and that she's actually covering up for something she did herself.

The same goes for Lutfi...Every time he tries to blame something on Lynne, I'm going to assume he's covering up for something he did.

The two of them are like magicians who use sleight of hand to distract the audience.

It's notable that following the drugging incident that landed Britney in Promises, Ali, who was a witness to it, sided with Lutfi.

I wonder if Ali will confirm or deny other details, if she were to be asked a direct and pointed question? :mhmsureny_hmm_thinking_ponder_unsure_what_Tiffany_pollard_ny_New_York_miss_ms_sure:

• Like 4
On 7/30/2021 at 9:25 PM, Duress said:

Thank you!

I missed this! I'm just getting a chance to read it today. So many little useful nuggets inside.

"...historical information potentially relevant to the implementation of a Conservatorship..."

Question...

Why would Blair Berk already be familiar with Mr. Spears and the rest of the Spears family at this particular point in time? :mhmsureny_hmm_thinking_ponder_unsure_what_Tiffany_pollard_ny_New_York_miss_ms_sure:

• Like 3
On 8/13/2021 at 4:15 AM, Steel Magnolia said:

Thank you!

I missed this! I'm just getting a chance to read it today. So many little useful nuggets inside.

"...historical information potentially relevant to the implementation of a Conservatorship..."

Question...

Why would Blair Berk already be familiar with Mr. Spears and the rest of the Spears family at this particular point in time? :mhmsureny_hmm_thinking_ponder_unsure_what_Tiffany_pollard_ny_New_York_miss_ms_sure:

I don't know if this is helpful, but....

In September 2008, Britney was pictured with Berk at a charity Polo match in Los Angeles, sponsored by none other that the Promises Foundation - an LA-based charity which helps Miriam's House, a home for recovering mothers (and their children), by empowering them with life skills needed for a **** and alcohol abuse-free future. I am unsure if it is affiliated with or connected to the rehab facility (Promises).

Also in attendance, Larry and Jamie (what what I can see from the pics). Perhaps, the whole of team con Brit's family was there.

article-1059231-02BDA54400000578-482_468

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1059231/Its-horseplay-Britney-Spears-enjoys-day-polo.html

Could Berk (full name Anne Blair Bernholz Berk) have been the one who suggested Promises to the Spears family? She was allegedly working with them and Lou on the conservatorship & TRO'S (as early as Jan 2008), according to court documents (and Hiatus). Berk may have been on the board of Promises Foundation at some point or connected to to the charity in some way - that is if Promises rehab is affiliated with Promises foundation.

Also in the news, Prince Andrew now being advised by Balir Berk, following his accuser Virginia Roberts Giuffre threatening to sue him.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Justin Woodpond said:

I don't know if this is helpful, but....

In September 2008, Britney was pictured with Berk at a charity Polo match in Los Angeles, sponsored by none other that the Promises Foundation - an LA-based charity which helps Miriam's House, a home for recovering mothers (and their children), by empowering them with life skills needed for a **** and alcohol abuse-free future. I am unser if it is affiliated with or connected to the rehab facility (Promises).

Also in attendance, Larry and Jamie (what what I can see from the pics). Perhaps, the whole of team con Brit's family was there.

article-1059231-02BDA54400000578-482_468

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1059231/Its-horseplay-Britney-Spears-enjoys-day-polo.html

Could Berk (full name Anne Blair Bernholz Berk) have been the one who suggested Promises to the Spears family? She was allegedly working with them and Lou on the conservatorship & TRO'S (as early as Jan 2008), according to court documents (and Hiatus). Berk may have been on the board of Promises Foundation at some point or connected to to the charity in some way - that is if Promises rehab is affiliated with Promises foundation.

Also in the news, Prince Andrew now being advised by Balir Berk, following his accuser Virginia Roberts Giuffre threatening to sue him.

If Jamie Spears and the entire Spears family were already familiar to Berk in January 2008 it does seem likely that she had a far bigger role in this than we've previously thought.

Do Berk and Betty Wyman work together, by any chance?

Was Berk far more involved in the February 2007 intervention than we know? It's beginning to look that way.

Does anyone have a link to Larry's deposition from the custody case handy? I can't recall him mentioning Berk being in on the conference calls...But there's a good chance she was.

1 hour ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I'm reviewing Larry's deposition in the child custody case...

He says that Betty Wyman helped Britney's father with his alcoholism.

So there's that established relationship...The Spears family was already familiar with Betty Wyman by February 2007.

Larry describes Betty Wyman as a “doctor and an expert on **** and alcohol related illnesses”.  Yet, funnily enough it is later revealed in the transcript that Betty Wyman is not a licensed medical doctor and has a PHD in criminology and sociology.

I wonder is her connection to Berk something to do with criminology.

Do Berk and Betty Wyman work together, by any chance?

They appeared on a Symposium panel together in 2011, called UCLA Entertainment Symposium, which brings hundreds of entertainment professionals to the UCLA campus each spring to focus on trends and topics affecting the industry. The focus was on **** abuse.

E598-A2-BE-869-D-4-CA1-8571-0494-C1970-E

E112301-B-6005-49-F1-B931-D9-B845-EF8819

https://law.ucla.edu/academics/centers/ziffren-institute-media-entertainment-technology-and-sports-law/ucla-entertainment-symposium

They also worked together on the CeeLo Green **** case, Berk was his defence lawyer, and Wyman his councelor. She gave him a glowing review.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/entertainment/ceelo-green-complying-with-probation-in-****-case-judge-1.2260265

The pair are obviously au fair with one another.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
20 minutes ago, Justin Woodpond said:

Larry describes Betty Wyman as a “doctor and an expert on **** and alcohol related illnesses”.  Yet, funnily enough it is later revealed in the transcript that Betty Wyman is not a licensed medical doctor and has a PHD in criminology and sociology.

I wonder is her connection to Berk something to do with criminology.

They appeared on a Symposium panel together in 2011, called UCLA Entertainment Symposium, which brings hundreds of entertainment professionals to the UCLA campus each spring to focus on trends and topics affecting the industry. The focus was on **** abuse.

https://law.ucla.edu/academics/centers/ziffren-institute-media-entertainment-technology-and-sports-law/ucla-entertainment-symposium

They also worked together on the CeeLo Green **** case, Berk was his defence lawyer, and Wyman his councelor. She gave him a glowing review.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/entertainment/ceelo-green-complying-with-probation-in-****-case-judge-1.2260265

The pair are obviously au fair with one another.

Great finds!

It feels like we're starting to zero in on the kinds of questions we should be asking.

Berk often represents celebrity clients who have run afoul with the law...So it makes sense that Berk and Wyman would work together on cases.

Now what is the explanation for her relationship with Lutfi?

He obviously "serves a purpose" for lawyers like Berk or there is some sort of cross-over in his work, or he wouldn't appear so frequently in her orbit.

• Like 2

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block