Sinéad O'Connor talks about Britney Spears in her new memoirs book

I admire Sinead. She really stands up for what she believes in even as people mock the **** out of her or think she's off her rocker or something. I read an article about her book on Yahoo and I really wanted to post a compliment for the interesting read but unfortunately the comment section was closed off. Probably for all the right reasons because I doubt too many people on that site would read the article and come away with a positive feeling instead of seeing her name and just posting a bunch of trash about her.

On 5/19/2021 at 7:30 AM, jokobish said:

People expect celebrities to literally be perfect, it’s so sick

I agree. Nobody can live with that label imo. I like The Carpenters...well, I like Karen more than I do Richard. Richard just rubs me the wrong way. But I think both got stuck with a goody goody, perfect label and both were suffering in their own ways. Karen had her eating disorder and Richard was addicted to Quaaludes. It sounds like there was a lot of dysfunction going on in their family. Karen died before I was born so I have no idea if there was this glee at one of them having an addiction problem and one of them starving herself to death. You can go to youtube videos and you can see compassion towards Karen when she's looking her sickest. But was that compassion there in the 80s or was it just horror "What's wrong with Karen? Is she dying of cancer or something?" or possibly being made fun of? 

Anyway, I don't expect perfection from anybody. Nobody's perfect. Doesn't matter if we're talking myself, other ordinary people or celebs. 

On 5/19/2021 at 9:27 AM, esswein said:

She expressed love for Britney in other occasions like her interview for Oprah in 2007:

O’Connor told Winfrey she has sympathy for Britney Spears.

“She had two babies within the space of two years, (there) doesn’t seem like a terrible amount of support from the people around her,” O’Connor said.

O’Connor said it seems the media is constantly watching for Spears to make a mistake raising her children, but that no parents are perfect.

“I think to attack someone as a mother is very dangerous,” she said. “I would say that’s what puts a young girl on a precipice which is very, very dangerous, in my opinion. Some people may end up really regretting the way they’re treating her.”

DAMN, sha really nailed it and in 07, :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

• Love 1
On 5/19/2021 at 5:28 PM, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

Sinead is misunderstood. Everyone wanted to jump on the band wagon with her too. They call her crazy and unstable just like Britney. Like Britney, when Sinead was having her troubles it wasn’t trendy to show support, people made a sport out of bashing her and there was certainly no mercy for her either. 

or when she tried to offer advice to Miley Cyrus- which i can not stand- for the way she presents herself as a product ;'

O'Connor continued: "The message you keep sending is that it's somehow cool to be prostituted.. it's so not cool Miley... it's dangerous.

"It is in fact the case that you will obscure your talent by allowing yourself to be pimped, whether it's the music business or yourself doing the pimping," added O'Connor.'