Gal Gadot under fire for statement on Israel-Palestine violence

• Content Curators

'Wonder Woman 1984' star Gal Gadot, who was born in Israel and served a mandatory two years as a soldier in the Israel Defense Forces, released a statement on the violence issue between Israel and Palestine. However, instead of acquiring peace, it caused another hot debate on the Internet.

“My heart breaks. My country is at war,” Gadot posted in a statement on Twitter on Wednesday. “I worry for my family, my friends. I worry for my people. This is a vicious cycle that has been going on for far too long. Israel deserves to live as a free and safe nation. Our neighbors deserve the same. I pray for the victims and their families, I pray for this unimaginable hostility to end, I pray for our leaders to find the solution so we could live side by side in peace. I pray for better days.”

Violence between Israel and Palestine escalated this week after Israel launched several airstrikes on Palestine’s Gaza Strip, and waves of rockets were fired from Gaza at Israeli capital Tel Aviv, the city of Ashkelon and the country’s main airport. Tensions between Israel and Palestine have escalated recently over the eviction of Palestinians from East Jerusalem.

Her statement resulted in an uproar with users stating that she did not name Palestine and referred to the country as 'neighbors', and that she supported Israel despite the country's violent attacks on Palestine.

OIP.jpg.d900769e636db9b8511b583c6d68a229.jpg

Edited by Invitation
21 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

Instead of reading that BS article (correction, I read it and its pure BS), I'm just gonna post this video which puts the Israel ambassador and entire Israel politics on stand for their lies and their BS:

this video shows exactly how European countries and European politicians feel about lies and genocide Israel is committing against Gaza.

Also, Israel is not democratic. A democracy is a country that's democratic towards its own nation AND towards other countries and nations. A country that oppresses the ones who are 50 times weaker is VERY FAR from democracy. 

Whether or not Palestinians would "stone" gays is something we will obviously never know, because Israel is trying to do its best to wipe Palestinians off the face of Earth. They're shooting at children, they are shooting people WHILE PRAYING in a mosque, and they are choosing to this on one of the holiest muslim holidays, Ramadan – which plays an extremely important psychological role. EVERY SINGLE YEAR, Israel chooses Ramadan to attack Palestine and commit heinous crimes against humanity. All the while hiding behind the "anti-semitism" card, which is slowly but surely nearing its expiration date. Speaking against Israel is speaking against its policy, not against jews, and people have realized this.

So instead of killing Palestinians because "they would stone gays" how about we actually give them peace and let them develop and see whether they would stone gays or support gays? For someone who belongs to a group of oppressed individuals (for centuries) you sure do enjoy supporting the oppressor.  

no possible way you read that whole article in less than 8 minutes my guy. but ok, i'm ready to attempt to enter the liberal echo chamber of the left and see if it doesn't result in explosions of anger and volatility, but i doubt it. let's go.

im firstly interested in your  insinuation that the gaza strip is an area full of some type of neanderthal-like civilizations incapable of reaching a conclusion that stoning and hanging people for their ***uality is wrong. you truly believe they are that ignorant, they can't possibly come to that conclusion unless they possess the Gaza strip?? .... :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

secondly, i never claimed israel was perfect...? not sure where THAT insinuation is leading, but i know how you libs love to assume and project in absolutes. "you defend israel over palestine in this particular thread on this particular website = you must love ****s and believe in pizza-gate!!!!" this over-generalizing (often articulated in a patronizing or condescending tone) is nothing less than a clear indication of immaturity and inability to have coherent and meaningful discourse with people who disagree with you. nonetheless, for your sake, i will concede for you to see visually on your screen, since that matters to you - you are correct. Israel has committed war crimes a-plenty. i do disagree with those.

however, to state such without also addressing the equally as horrific attacks from palestinians over many many decades is just espousing nonsense. it's borderline propaganda, similar to what the ****'s did with the Jews. You may want to investigate that concept.

Post-modernism is to blame here. You all see the world in terms of "people with power are bad. people without power are good" and that's the sum total for you. just because you see social media talking heads (most with minimal-if-any higher education or meaningful world experience) shooting off "lives" summarizing the situation in a reductive and overly simplistic manner doesn't mean you understand the intricacies of politics and the history of the two cultures thousands of thousands of years at war. there will be no convincing you otherwise unless you are willing to see things through a different lens. maybe there is more to the story, maybe there is fault on both ends?:cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

calm down. it takes two to tango, and that's ok my friend! you don't have to be so passionately absolute and nasty about things you half understand simply to virtue signal on the internet. again, there are two sides to every story. you just happen to be defending the side that promotes ignorance, shame, limited individual rights, and, lastly, violence against women, gays, Christians, and yes, even Britney Spears fans. :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: go read the article for real now my friend. have a great night.

ps - we actually can know if they stone gays. https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2019/06/14/countries-where-being-gay-is-legally-punishable-by-death/39574685/

:gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

• Love 4
  • Like 2
23 minutes ago, sparrowhawk said:

strange that so many gays rally around a culture that would stone them to death as opposed to the free and democratic state of israel...

Palestine is an under-developed  territory whilst Israel is a progressive cosmopolitan.  
Most third world countries will have backward attitudes when it comes to ***uality. We can still show them compassion in times like these.

Praying the suffering will come to an end 😢❤️

• Love 9
Just now, nwonder said:

Palestine is an under-developed  territory whilst Israel is a progressive cosmopolitan.  
Most third world countries will have backward attitudes when it comes to ***uality. We can still show them compassion in times like these

true, and that's by choice. have you read the Palestinian Constitution? they have laws in place to protect their ignorance, not vice versa as any other well-intentioned country would.

1 minute ago, nwonder said:

Praying the suffering will come to an end 😢❤️

agreed. terrible stuff.

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

“My heart breaks. My country is at war,”

This is where she is wrong. Israel is not at war, Israel is committing a one-sided and absolute genocide, ethnical cleaning, and crime against humanity. None of this is war, it's a complete butchery where one country has billions and 4th strongest army in the world, and the country on the other side barely has money to feed its nation.

Israel is the biggest evil and threat to humankind and human rights in this century. It is pathetic that they are behaving exactly how the nation they hate the most has behaved, the **** Germany. 

I disagree, that's how it works, look for example europe: 

Fight after fight... 

They went to war and now it's Israel. 

Instead of crying and complaining the palestine-people need to create a new state and mind their own business. 

I'm all for no money from any country to this terrorism. 

And no, they need to give it up! 

It's like i'm complaining that poland got a piece from the german-territory after WW2, ridiculous! :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
1 minute ago, Alexanda said:

I disagree, that's how it works, look for example europe: 

Fight after fight... 

They went to war and now it's Israel. 

Instead of crying and complaining the palestine-people need to create a new state and mind their own business. 

I'm all for no money from any country to this terrorism. 

And no, they need to give it up! 

It's like i'm complaining that poland got a piece from the german-territory after WW2, ridiculous! :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

ah right, lets NOT learn from our mistakes. "Hey Europeans ******** eachother for centuries, but instead of learning from it and stopping the unnecessary bloodshed, let's let Israel have its turn! Poor jews :( they never had a country before this, let them slaughter people as a country! they earned it! :("

Some of you guys disgust me. 

• Love 4
  • Like 5
1 minute ago, maki93 said:

This has got to be the biggest joke of a comment I've seen on Breatheheavy. Just pass it

another misinformed millennial. maybe try reading my other post? the article? or do we just entirely dismiss those we disagree with in opinion? that's a character flaw friend.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, sparrowhawk said:

stolen from them, orrrrr...they lost a war...? should the united states hand the country back to native american indians? where does this ideology end? irrational.

Even before Israel, it was under Englands control, let's not forget that. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

It's not a left or right issue. A country is commiting genocide against a minority people.

If you're choosing to bring in any irrelevant articles or framings,  you're choosing to ignore the issue.

how in the world is it irrelevant to discuss the bombings and terrorist attacks of palestine against israel? do you even hear what you're saying? genocide is when those in power eliminate powerless citizens UNprovoked. the word cannot accurately be used when discussing two nations both bombing and attacking each other. your logic is flawed.

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, sparrowhawk said:

another misinformed millennial. maybe try reading my other post? the article? or do we just entirely dismiss those we disagree with in opinion? that's a character flaw friend.

Just now, Alexanda said:

Not stolen at all

What I say is not "opinions" or bull**** that some west media promotes, I am from Beirut (Lebanon) and I experienced first hand the crimes against humanity that Israel does, especially in the 2006 war that they did. So please do not come an educate me on a topic that I first had lived and was part off. Shall I list all the crimes that Israel did and the number of children that they have been slaughtering?

That being said, I am on the extreme liberal spectrum and I heavily support peace, especially between Palestine and Israel (and Lebanon for that matter). However, peace should be on BOTH PARTIES TERMS, and not the way Israel wants to run things. They are not in control, and they never will be unless everyone compromises and real peace discussions with pure intentions start. 

• Love 7

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block