Gal Gadot under fire for statement on Israel-Palestine violence

1 minute ago, maki93 said:

, I am from Beirut (Lebanon) and I experienced first hand the crimes against humanity that Israel does, especially in the 2006 war that they did. So please do not come an educate me on a topic that I first had lived and was part off.

my sincere apologies. i was momentarily guilty of doing what i hate most - generalizing. so sorry you have to live through that.

i have also agreed with you, though, that israel does and has committed war crimes JUST as palestine has. maybe if you had read my post instead of hastily suggesting other people should "pass" it, you could have had the chance to learn that.

here's to the sliver of hope the whole world holds onto for peace in the middle east. :pensiveney_britney_praying_ftr_for_the_record_2008_circus_vmas_thinking:

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, maki93 said:

What I say is not "opinions" or bull**** that some west media promotes, I am from Beirut (Lebanon) and I experienced first hand the crimes against humanity that Israel does, especially in the 2006 war that they did. So please do not come an educate me on a topic that I first had lived and was part off. Shall I list all the crimes that Israel did and the number of children that they have been slaughtering?

That being said, I am on the extreme liberal spectrum and I heavily support peace, especially between Palestine and Israel (and Lebanon for that matter). However, peace should be on BOTH PARTIES TERMS, and not the way Israel wants to run things. They are not in control, and they never will be unless everyone compromises and real peace discussions with pure intentions start. 

I don't say palestinians have a beautiful life there, but see in the news what the administration did with all the money. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

I'm all for a 2 state solution, but not under this cicumstances. 

Sweet words. The message behind these words could have come from any empathetic, media trained politician :bidengrin_point_smirk_joe:.

Meanwhile children are bombed to death, parents are lost, blood is spilled. Civilians pay the price every day because of politics, power games and national borders. With their lives. For decades now. And all we do is arguing over/complaining about Palestine being referred to as neighbours by some celebrity living wealthy and healthy in America I bet.

Sounds about right, right Excited Game Of Thrones GIF

• Love 2
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, sparrowhawk said:

i have also agreed with you, though, that israel does and has committed war crimes JUST as palestine has.

1 minute ago, Alexanda said:

I don't say palestinians have a beautiful life there

I do not know if you two have seen this movie on Netflix. This is 100 percent the life of Palestinians as they commute every day whether in Gaza or West Bank. I wonder how peaceful y'all would be if this was the life that you are living.

And please let us not blame this on governments and administrations,  being corrupt is an important skill for any politician in most countries around the world.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, maki93 said:

being corrupt is an important skill for any politician in most countries around the world.

True. Just look at America. Correct me if you find me to be wrong but it is my perception/reflection that with all the drone bombs that United States drops in the Middle East where loads of civilians are killed instead of "targets" because of these bombs, these bombings by U.S. should actually be considered straight out terrorism. Because of the massacre of innocent people, masses. But because it is the west that bombs the east, the west wont call it terrorism. Cuz it is politically instructed and decided. Hence, i guess, that is the reason for this: There is no universal agreement on the legal definition of terrorism. Mind boggling. I would like to know if you agree or see it differently?

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, MortalMarshmallow said:

There is no universal agreement on the legal definition of terrorism

Well I have been in the US for like 2 years now, the problem is historically with the media. Whether it was CNN or Fox News, both points of view do not show what really happens in the Middle east. They promote the actions of the countries in power as "a need for peace", a need which ends up killing children and women. Whether it was the US or Iran or China or Russia or any other, it is always a fight for power. It only ends up killing innocents! I am very glad that social media right now is changing the balance of things, and truths are being uncovered. 

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, AOLUV said:

Funny how a piece that is supposed to stop the spread of misinformation states something like: "These immediately became the popular opinions on this issue. As usual, Israel is unfairly portrayed as the villain."  Gimme a break. :melt_weird_drift_wow: 

Here you go sweetie:

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Alexanda said:

Even before Israel, it was under Englands control, let's not forget that. 

I really love this. Thank you. If someone gets into your house, beats the **** out of you, kills your family, steals kids it's fair game because yeah, they prolly have better guns than you... I vote for your house to automatically belong to them. The whole thing of fairness is freaking idiotic, we all should invade our stupid neighbors homes if we like them and then write laws that justify our actions because why the heck not. Actually, guys, I like my neighbor's house, I might proceed with my plan. God has been speaking to me and he has told me I am his chosen daughter, he has decided my neighbor's house should be mine, not theirs, so it's God's plan, I am just following what a good daughter should do. Plus, my neighbors are annoying. They dress weird and speak weird and pff why do I have to respect those idiots?. There might be blood, but God will forgive me. Wish me luck, this is gonna be good, two homes pfff!  And if my stupid neighbors retaliate, I will say they are terrorists and criminals, cause they are! How freaking dare they not adjust to what I want? Entitled morons

• Love 1
  • Like 5
52 minutes ago, maki93 said:

However, peace should be on BOTH PARTIES TERMS, and not the way Israel wants to run things. They are not in control, and they never will be unless everyone compromises and real peace discussions with pure intentions start. 

And that's why sadly i don't think there will be ever any piece, because in my definition the warloser has to make sacrifices (i don't mean more victims) more like compremises. 

The palestinians are in a very bad position (as you know) but if they don't do anything for peace their dreams of an own state is history. 

But i will watch it, thx. :) 

1 hour ago, BUWYGF said:

ah right, lets NOT learn from our mistakes. "Hey Europeans ******** eachother for centuries, but instead of learning from it and stopping the unnecessary bloodshed, let's let Israel have its turn! Poor jews :( they never had a country before this, let them slaughter people as a country! they earned it! :("

Some of you guys disgust me. 

I want to be realistic here, that's how it works, like it or not, worldwide. Listen, we all want peace and harmony. But is it reality? 

Slaughtering is not okay but to defend their country: It is! 

And i seriously can't with people blaming always the richer country: Yes, they have more vaccines, more money, more to eat, yes! But it's not like it falls from heaven without any actions. 

19 minutes ago, Bigno said:

I really love this. Thank you. If someone gets into your house, beats the **** out of you, kills your family, steals kids it's fair game because yeah, they prolly have better guns than you... I vote for your house to automatically belong to them. The whole thing of fairness is freaking idiotic, we all should invade our stupid neighbors homes if we like them and then write laws that justify our actions because why the heck not. Actually, guys, I like my neighbor's house, I might proceed with my plan. God has been speaking to me and he has told me I am his chosen daughter, he has decided my neighbor's house should be mine, not theirs, so it's God's plan, I am just following what a good daughter should do. Plus, my neighbors are annoying. They dress weird and speak weird and pff why do I have to respect those idiots?. There might be blood, but God will forgive me. Wish me luck, this is gonna be good, two homes pfff!  And if my stupid neighbors retaliate, I will say they are terrorists and criminals, cause they are! How freaking dare they not adjust to what I want? Entitled morons

Funny that you mention that, exactly what my history teacher told me happened to him and? 

I never heard him complaining about that. 

6 minutes ago, Alexanda said:

And that's why sadly i don't think there will be ever any piece, because in my definition the warloser has to make sacrifices (i don't mean more victims) more like compremises. 

The palestinians are in a very bad position (as you know) but if they don't do anything for peace their dreams of an own state is history. 

But i will watch it, thx. :) 

I want to be realistic here, that's how it works, like it or not, worldwide. Listen, we all want peace and harmony. But is it reality? 

Slaughtering is not okay but to defend their country: It is! 

And i seriously can't with people blaming always the richer country: Yes, they have more vaccines, more money, more to eat, yes! But it's not like it falls from heaven without any actions. 

dude you are speaking from a place of privilege. You are defending powerful countries just cause they can. That is not right. You cant bully people out then tell them to settle down on your terms.

• Love 1
Just now, maki93 said:

dude you are speaking from a place of privilege. You are defending powerful countries just cause they can. That is not right. You cant bully people out then tell them to settle down on your terms.

It's sometimes not even about what is right or wrong, it's about what is possible and what is not. 

You can easily answer this: Who has the most power in the middle east? 

And i know, many people don't like to admit, but this country will have the final say. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Alexanda said:

Who has the most power in the middle east? 

You actually think they are the strongest? Do you know that in 2006, despite their strength especially in air fights , they failed to enter not 1 mile into Lebanese lands? 

Having a strong military and being a bully doesn't make you the strongest. Strong ones are those who have been suffering for so long and still tolerating  the worst living situations while people like you watch and judge. 

And do not bother replying please till you develop some emotions.  Have a good day/night!

• Love 3
  • Like 2

That is a country she was born. Ppl in Israel r very patriotic. She deserves to have her own point of view and express it. Her statement is about finding pieceful solution. 

That conflict between 2 countries is heartbreaking. Also sad if Israel began that in the end of ramadan-i mean that is wrong with them. I pray for peace between 2 countries. Ppl r suffering bc of that

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block