Stream Aly & AJ - 'a touch of the beat gets you up on your feet...' album

I'm so sad more people aren't talking about this. 

Aly & AJ are a great example of artists that new when to pack it up for a bit, pursue their lives, and now all these later they return with something fresh, that's quite frankly their best work. This will fly under the radar, and it's too bad. 

pop tarts of the moment come and go, but I sincerely hope these sisters stay in the game!

• Love 5

I cannot express how much I’ve waited for this album.

Honestly, it’s their best work yet and one of the best releases of 2021. 

The girls pushed themselves to deliver a perfect body of work, a timeless summer record. It encapsulates the California Rock sound mixed with some modern beats.

For anyone who wants to give it a try, I’d recommend playing it without skipping tracks. A very cohesive album to play on a roadtrip, car ride with the windows rolled down driving into the sunset.

ENJOY! :wigsnatched_point_you_wow_yes_yas:

• Love 4
9 hours ago, aleomg said:

I cannot express how much I’ve waited for this album.

Honestly, it’s their best work yet and one of the best releases of 2021. 

The girls pushed themselves to deliver a perfect body of work, a timeless summer record. It encapsulates the California Rock sound mixed with some modern beats.

For anyone who wants to give it a try, I’d recommend playing it without skipping tracks. A very cohesive album to play on a roadtrip, car ride with the windows rolled down driving into the sunset.

ENJOY! :wigsnatched_point_you_wow_yes_yas:

18 hours ago, dr35 said:

I'm so sad more people aren't talking about this. 

Aly & AJ are a great example of artists that new when to pack it up for a bit, pursue their lives, and now all these later they return with something fresh, that's quite frankly their best work. This will fly under the radar, and it's too bad. 

pop tarts of the moment come and go, but I sincerely hope these sisters stay in the game!

PREACH!!! 

But look guys, if you really like them, please support them on iTunes... it's all for them, and everything is coming from their own films etc budget to make it happen. 

So glad with all the positive reviews <3 

• Love 1
On 5/7/2021 at 4:42 PM, Original Britney said:

I'm disappointed in the album. To me it's watered down when compared to their previous effort, Sanctuary (EP). I love them and have always loved their music, including their unreleased albums which I used to own, but this isn't it for me. :/

They’re clearly aiming for a different audience, so I feel you. But I think they’re very clever and are starting to find their own lane in this weird industry, the mainstream scene never knew how to appreciate them.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, boyinthemirror said:

They’re clearly aiming for a different audience, so I feel you. But I think they’re very clever and are starting to find their own lane in this weird industry, the mainstream scene never knew how to appreciate them.

Couldn't agree more, we don't deserve them tbh. :gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses:

• Like 1
  • Content Curators

WOOOW I was not expecting this, I've never heard their music before and don't really know who they are but this album is amazing, literally every single song is good.

Of course exhale would sleep on this :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

• 4 weeks later...

Just came back to this thread to say that I think this album is an absolute masterpiece. By far, my favorite album of 2021 thus far. Maybe it's because of what I'm going through in my life but I can relate so well to some of the songs.

My favorites are:

Lost Cause - feeling like this in my relationship right now... as if trying to work things out and keep it together is a lost cause.

Stomach - it *literally* does hurt my stomach thinking about what my life has come to at the moment.

Symptom of Your Touch - Aly's vocals, wow. her delivery, wow. The lyrics, yup, once again, can relate.

Hold Out - the lapping of the vocals, such an ethereal feeling. Love it.

Overall, the album has no skips at all for me and I love every track. I Stan a bit. :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

I'm currently on a tropical island and this is my go to album. I think it has enough layers to suit different vibes. My absolute favourites have been:

Pretty Places - Such a feel good song and makes you want to forget all the sucky things and hit the road.

Lost Cause - Such a bop, can't even explain why I relate to this song but its the one that repeats in my head randomly.

Listen!!! - This is such a classic aly and aj song and shows even with growth that their original magic as artist is still there.

Personal Cathedrals - Not quite sure what it is about this song, but when it comes on it captures my imagination.

Shoutout to Symptom of Your Touch - Absolute bop and only reason I kept it out of the favs is because I didn't wanna list all the singles.

Gem of an album :meryl_streep_point_yas_yes_meme_proud:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block