Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande ''Rain On Me'' is the best thing that happened to pop culture after years of silence

7 hours ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

But choosing from all of recent moments, songs - ''Rain On Me'' is the best of it. It's iconic. On Britney's level? Absolutely not. 

''Rain On Me'' really was a moment. Two big pop stars collaborating together on a dance-pop song mixing a lot of styles together. And it sounds really good, fresh and iconic. Lyrics are good. And the music video is amazing as well. Colors, dance, chemistry, style, vibe, energy - all makes sense here. It really works.

LOL pleaaaaaaaaaaaase :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

The problem is that you guys think that POP CULTURE is only limited to POP MUSIC.

A song doesn't have to be within the pop music genre to be considered part of pop culture or iconic,  there are some rap and hip-hop songs lately that were far more interesting to witness than Rain On Me.... U guys are insane. Please expand ur musical horizons just a tiny bit.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Dreams said:

LOL pleaaaaaaaaaaaase :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

The problem is that you guys think that POP CULTURE is only limited to POP MUSIC.

A song doesn't have to be within the pop music genre to be considered part of pop culture or iconic,  there are some rap and hip-hop songs lately that were far more interesting to witness than Rain On Me.... U guys are insane. Please expand ur musical horizons just a tiny bit.

• Haha 1

I like Gaga, I like Ari, I like Rain on Me, but it seems like pop stans are the only ones screaming that it’s iconic. What’s it even iconic for? Just because it’s two major pop stars on one song? 

I sound like I’m hating but I’m just being objective. It was successful, yes. But iconic? That memorable to the GP? A big splash in pop culture? No. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

video

Sorry i don't wanna be rude :ohdear_britney_glory_dear,_fingers_hand_face_orange_hide_uh_oh:

But i felt like WAP and Montero were far more talked about than Rain on Me and anything Dua Lipa has ever released, some conservatives and politicians literally protested to delete those songs from streaming services etc, FOX news is still talking about it every other day, i personally think hip-hop is ruling pop culture at the moment, it's the music of gen z and the youth.

Mainstream pop music has been boring since like the mid 2010s, there are some independant artists that are making good stuff but they're not charting so stans act like their music has no value.

1 hour ago, Dreams said:

Kylie Minogue and Sophie Ellis Bextor already did everything Dua is doing right now more than 15 years ago and way better. Dua Lipa is like the boring version of them.

I think the problem is that everything has already been done in the sense that people aren't looking for new ideas. So many of the pop stars now are just teen idol versions of other ones. 

1 hour ago, Dreams said:

Sorry i don't wanna be rude :ohdear_britney_glory_dear,_fingers_hand_face_orange_hide_uh_oh:

But i felt like WAP and Montero were far more talked about than Rain on Me and anything Dua Lipa has ever released, some conservatives and politicians literally protested to delete those songs from streaming services etc, FOX news is still talking about it every other day, i personally think hip-hop is ruling pop culture at the moment, it's the music of gen z and the youth.

Mainstream pop music has been boring since like the mid 2010s, there are some independant artists that are making good stuff but they're not charting so stans act like their music has no value.

Random but is it bad I literally have never heard ANYONE talk about Montero IRL? :orangu_orangutan_ape:

I live in one of the most conservative places in North America so maybe that just makes people reluctant to talk about it? But IDK you would think it'd be the opposite considering how many conservatives are angry at the song. :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

It’s fine. Some famous people don’t care to be icons. They would rather play it safe. Look what controversy has done to most legends. They experience way too much scrutiny. Britney, Justin, Christina, Whitney, Madonna, Ke$ha, Nelly Furtado, Iggy, Jonas Brothers etc... 

Jlo is doing fairly good, except all her marriages and relationships have failed ... so ... 

It’s better to have a low profile. 

5 minutes ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

You are stanning Jessica Simpson girl, you should just stay quiet 

Reveal hidden contents

omg im so f cking rude, i hate myself 

This has nothing to do with Queen Legendson, try to stay on topic next time? aq9Apl8.gif

But to close this debate, even Ariana’s ‘thank u, next’ and ‘7 rings’ were far more eventful and monumental in pop culture than that already forgotten song/video. Hell, even Shallow and ASIB. aq9Apl8.gif

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block