Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande ''Rain On Me'' is the best thing that happened to pop culture after years of silence

14 hours ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

Girl, please :ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle: People can't even spell her name right and you are talking about her having the biggest impact on pop culture in 2020 :ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle::sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever: She's using payola, it was confirmed so why are you surprised it was so long in Top 10 lmaoo?  

It has become iconic to misspell her name :billie_eilish_green_chuckle_cackle_lol_lmao_haha_hehe_laugh: And she has had the biggest impact on 2020 pop culture. She literally is recognized as the female artist who started the disco revival/frenzy last year, that is still not slowing down. She has had 4 massive hits under her belt this era (DSN, Physical, Break My Heart, Levitating) which you rarely see with pop artist nowadays :gum_britney_chewing_chomping_2006_2007_Red: 

And yes, it has been confirmed she is using payola. Is she using it in the same amount as Cardi is tho? If she was using the amount of payola you are anticipating it to be in the US, then her album would have been #1 instantly, and all her songs could have easily gone #1 yet that isn't happening? :howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands: And also, it is solely not the reason she is charting in the Top 10 for so long. As a tik tok user, her songs are heavily used in the platform (Levitating has been used in nearly 700k Tik toks) which brings attentions to these singles and thus, increases streaming and radio performance. :howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands:This is why she is so consistent because she has the millennial and generation z's support :howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands:in the Billboard Hot 100 unlike Rain On Me which really said #1-#9 in its second week already :howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands: 

But okay, so if you are saying Payola is the only reason she is rising in the US, then okay. Why is Levitating #1 in 7 charts then? Why is Levitating Top 10 in 32 charts? Why is Dont Start Now the biggest female hit song of last year? Why was Break My Heart Top 5 in 15 charts? Why was Don't Start Now in the top 3 of 40 charts? After all, if her use of Payola was so much in the US, we could see how badly her songs would be performing outside of the US (since Payola only applies in the US) but that is actually the opposite of the case, in fact? :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

After all, if her use of Payola was so much in the US, we could see how badly her songs would be performing outside of the US (since Payola only applies in the US) but that is actually the opposite of the case, in fact? :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

I won't comment on whether or not she is using payola but it's a fact she's genuinely more popular outside of the US.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Dreams said:

When I see people raving about stuff like Dua Lipa or Rain On Me and acting like it's the most incredible masterpiece etc I think that standards have fallen sooooooo low. It's saddening. People are so used to flavorless, generic, insipid and mediocre entertainers that as soon as there is something a little less lame they find it incredible.

Dua Lipa is mcdonalds in music form, i really don't understand why some people act like Future Nostalgia is some groundbreaking pop record. Kylie Minogue and Sophie Ellis Bextor already did everything Dua is doing right now more than 15 years ago and way better. Dua Lipa is like the boring version of them.

Huh? No way is Dua Lipa's music the form of McDonalds as music. She is not making a lackluster record just for streaming sake. She actually spent nearly 3 years to form this album into what it is. Something that you barely hear about in this market, where artist are quick to churn our albums so they don't lose their popularity. She actually took her time and even was involved with the direction of this era, to give us good pop music to enjoy while we stayed in our houses. I can understand her music not being your cup of tea, but it is really ignorant to discredit her and act like she is giving us nothing when in fact, the way she promotes her era is in a manner we haven't seen pop artist do in some time. She isn't finishing her era with 2 singles, and moving on to her next era. She is ACTUALLY making an era. And despite that, Kylie still called Dua for a feature right? :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

I won't comment on whether or not she is using payola but it's a fact she's genuinely more popular outside of the US.

That is true, however. But, the OP is stating that she has made no relevance whatsoever, and whatever relevance she has gathered was because of payola. Thus, I was debunking his clearly false statement.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

I love rain on me but come on dude, there are way more eventful and better events that happened in pop culture in the past 5 years :spit_lmao_spitting_spraying_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_jlaw_jennifer_lawrence:

I mean, Ava Max's career comes close but she technically shouldn't count because she's essentially Gaga's Horcrux.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Stefani said:

I mean, Ava Max's career comes close but she technically shouldn't count because she's essentially Gaga's Horcrux.

Yeah and unless she changes something about her persona, I guess she will forever be deemed as a Gaga copycat (even tho in my opinion I barely see any similarities between them except for the fact they both r blonde pop gurlies who make pop music)

17 hours ago, Style. said:

Dua’s presence on the charts last year was more impactful than Rain On Me short lived existence. Rain On Me was a big moment because Ariana and Gaga were collaborating, ‘cause the song went nowhere. Meanwhile, a British artist like Dua with no gimmick out impacted one of the biggest pop stars of America and a has been. :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

Amen! Dua Lipa deserves the praise for her amazing album and era she gave us... 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block