Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande ''Rain On Me'' is the best thing that happened to pop culture after years of silence

I don't really need some sort of huge pop music event. I have many artists that I follow and listen to, and that's it. If you know where to look, there's so much amazing, non-boring pop music out there. At the end of the day, the music is the only thing I'm gonna care about in the long run. I'll watch a performance like once or twice and then never watch it again no matter how iconic it might be. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
  • Leader

Ok now this is a topic I can get behind @Look But Don't Touch

Still though, I don't actually agree there aren't iconic moments. There are, just not in the same way we're used to (not the kind we experienced when growing up). I think we look back with rose-colored glasses. The generation growing up now might say the same thing in 10-20 years tbh. 

• Love 2
  • Like 4
21 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

You misspelled Don’t Start Now :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink: released in 2019, but dominated 2020. When will Rain on Fads? :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:love the song, but not the biggest pop culture moment of 2020 :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod:

Even Break My Heart outimpacted 

and Levitating in the top 10 for 4 months 

not everyone can have several big moments in a single era :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

Girl, please :ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle: People can't even spell her name right and you are talking about her having the biggest impact on pop culture in 2020 :ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle::sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever: She's using payola, it was confirmed so why are you surprised it was so long in Top 10 lmaoo?  

• Haha 1
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

Girl, please :ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle: People can't even spell her name right and you are talking about her having the biggest impact on pop culture in 2020 :ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle::sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever: She's using payola, it was confirmed so why are you surprised it was so long in Top 10 lmaoo?  

Then why wasn’t her album number one? Why weren’t her singles number one? Payola when everyone on Tik Tok uses her songs? :ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle: People can spell her name right, but it’s become a meme to misspell it :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink: where are your mentioned faves on the charts? Last I checked Payola was strong with the force with those ones 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Then why wasn’t her album number one? Why weren’t her singles number one? Payola when everyone on Tik Tok uses her songs? :ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle: People can spell her name right, but it’s become a meme to misspell it :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink: where are your mentioned faves on the charts? Last I checked Payola was strong with the force with those ones 

You forgot to tell him that if he feels froggy, he can leap :fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead:

• Haha 4

Dua’s presence on the charts last year was more impactful than Rain On Me short lived existence. Rain On Me was a big moment because Ariana and Gaga were collaborating, ‘cause the song went nowhere. Meanwhile, a British artist like Dua with no gimmick out impacted one of the biggest pop stars of America and a has been. :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

• Love 3
  • Like 2
16 minutes ago, Style. said:

Dua’s presence on the charts last year was more impactful than Rain On Me short lived existence. Rain On Me was a big moment because Ariana and Gaga were collaborating, ‘cause the song went nowhere. Meanwhile, a British artist like Dua with no gimmick out impacted one of the biggest pop stars of America and a has been. :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

PAY-F CKING-OLA B TCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! billboard confirmed it 

18 minutes ago, Style. said:

The way not a single lie was found. :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer: Baba is raging RN 

• Haha 1

If this is the best thing, i don't wanna know what is the worst... Kids today have no idea what pop culture is, they never experienced the golden age of the late 90s and early 00s,  they're just consuming data and then moving on to the next big thing , they have a very short attention span.

When I see people raving about stuff like Dua Lipa or Rain On Me and acting like it's the most incredible masterpiece etc I think that standards have fallen sooooooo low. It's saddening. People are so used to flavorless, generic, insipid and mediocre entertainers that as soon as there is something a little less lame they find it incredible.

Dua Lipa is mcdonalds in music form, i really don't understand why some people act like Future Nostalgia is some groundbreaking pop record. Kylie Minogue and Sophie Ellis Bextor already did everything Dua is doing right now more than 15 years ago and way better. Dua Lipa is like the boring version of them.

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
  • Like 4

Despite not being a fan of Ariana, and not the biggest fan of Gaga, I still could understand how a collaboration between them should be considered huge. However, without trying to hate or anything, I think that collaboration was pretty underwhelming. Both the song and the video were like meh. Both of them have much better songs (well, I'm not sure about Ariana 'cause personally I only like Into You)

I just would've imagined something different coming from them. But I guess they kind of stood out, because of their fans, and because of the sad times (in many aspects) during which it was released :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block