Jump to content

Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande ''Rain On Me'' is the best thing that happened to pop culture after years of silence


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You misspelled Don’t Start Now  released in 2019, but dominated 2020. When will Rain on Fads? love the song, but not the biggest pop culture moment of 2020  Even Break My Heart outimpact

Let's have this conversation and let's be honest. Pop culture right now isn't at its bests. Singers don't really have charisma, they release boring songs, there's just nothing special even if the song

If this is the best thing, i don't wanna know what is the worst... Kids today have no idea what pop culture is, they never experienced the golden age of the late 90s and early 00s,  they're just consu

Posted Images

I don't really need some sort of huge pop music event. I have many artists that I follow and listen to, and that's it. If you know where to look, there's so much amazing, non-boring pop music out there. At the end of the day, the music is the only thing I'm gonna care about in the long run. I'll watch a performance like once or twice and then never watch it again no matter how iconic it might be. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

  • Love 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
  • Community Leader

Ok now this is a topic I can get behind @Look But Don't Touch

Still though, I don't actually agree there aren't iconic moments. There are, just not in the same way we're used to (not the kind we experienced when growing up). I think we look back with rose-colored glasses. The generation growing up now might say the same thing in 10-20 years tbh. 

  • Love 2
  • Like 4

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

Link to post
21 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

You misspelled Don’t Start Now :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink: released in 2019, but dominated 2020. When will Rain on Fads? :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:love the song, but not the biggest pop culture moment of 2020 :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod:

Even Break My Heart outimpacted 

and Levitating in the top 10 for 4 months 

not everyone can have several big moments in a single era :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

Girl, please :ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle: People can't even spell her name right and you are talking about her having the biggest impact on pop culture in 2020 :ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle::sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever: She's using payola, it was confirmed so why are you surprised it was so long in Top 10 lmaoo?  

  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
1 minute ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

Girl, please :ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle: People can't even spell her name right and you are talking about her having the biggest impact on pop culture in 2020 :ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle::sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever: She's using payola, it was confirmed so why are you surprised it was so long in Top 10 lmaoo?  

Then why wasn’t her album number one? Why weren’t her singles number one? Payola when everyone on Tik Tok uses her songs? :ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle: People can spell her name right, but it’s become a meme to misspell it :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink: where are your mentioned faves on the charts? Last I checked Payola was strong with the force with those ones 

  • Love 2

                🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

Link to post
2 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Then why wasn’t her album number one? Why weren’t her singles number one? Payola when everyone on Tik Tok uses her songs? :ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle: People can spell her name right, but it’s become a meme to misspell it :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink: where are your mentioned faves on the charts? Last I checked Payola was strong with the force with those ones 

You forgot to tell him that if he feels froggy, he can leap :fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead:

  • Haha 4
Link to post

I think we are all too saturated with too many artists it is difficult to make an impact. I liked the collaboration, but i don't think the live performance they did was iconic. Maybe in the future i will say "oh that was iconic!" but not sure for now.

Link to post
4 minutes ago, Style. said:

You forgot to tell him that if he feels froggy, he can leap :fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead:

I felt like entertaining trolls this morning, but now it’s back to business. Not gonna bump up this struggling thread any longer :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:

  • Haha 2

                🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

Link to post

Dua’s presence on the charts last year was more impactful than Rain On Me short lived existence. Rain On Me was a big moment because Ariana and Gaga were collaborating, ‘cause the song went nowhere. Meanwhile, a British artist like Dua with no gimmick out impacted one of the biggest pop stars of America and a has been. :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

  • Love 3
  • Like 2
Link to post
2 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I felt like entertaining trolls this morning, but now it’s back to business. Not gonna bump up this struggling thread any longer :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:

Stream Trollz by Nicki & Tekashi ‘cause was a bigger moment than Rain On Me. PeriaT :fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
16 minutes ago, Style. said:

Dua’s presence on the charts last year was more impactful than Rain On Me short lived existence. Rain On Me was a big moment because Ariana and Gaga were collaborating, ‘cause the song went nowhere. Meanwhile, a British artist like Dua with no gimmick out impacted one of the biggest pop stars of America and a has been. :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

PAY-F CKING-OLA B TCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! billboard confirmed it 

Link to post
18 minutes ago, Style. said:

Dua’s presence on the charts last year was more impactful than Rain On Me short lived existence. Rain On Me was a big moment because Ariana and Gaga were collaborating, ‘cause the song went nowhere. Meanwhile, a British artist like Dua with no gimmick out impacted one of the biggest pop stars of America and a has been. :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

The way not a single lie was found. :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer: Baba is raging RN 

  • Haha 1

                🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

Link to post

If this is the best thing, i don't wanna know what is the worst... Kids today have no idea what pop culture is, they never experienced the golden age of the late 90s and early 00s,  they're just consuming data and then moving on to the next big thing , they have a very short attention span.

When I see people raving about stuff like Dua Lipa or Rain On Me and acting like it's the most incredible masterpiece etc I think that standards have fallen sooooooo low. It's saddening. People are so used to flavorless, generic, insipid and mediocre entertainers that as soon as there is something a little less lame they find it incredible.

Dua Lipa is mcdonalds in music form, i really don't understand why some people act like Future Nostalgia is some groundbreaking pop record. Kylie Minogue and Sophie Ellis Bextor already did everything Dua is doing right now more than 15 years ago and way better. Dua Lipa is like the boring version of them.

 

 

 

  • Love 3
  • Haha 1
  • Like 3
Link to post

Despite not being a fan of Ariana, and not the biggest fan of Gaga, I still could understand how a collaboration between them should be considered huge. However, without trying to hate or anything, I think that collaboration was pretty underwhelming. Both the song and the video were like meh. Both of them have much better songs (well, I'm not sure about Ariana 'cause personally I only like Into You)

I just would've imagined something different coming from them. But I guess they kind of stood out, because of their fans, and because of the sad times (in many aspects) during which it was released :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: 

  • Like 1

 I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block