Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande ''Rain On Me'' is the best thing that happened to pop culture after years of silence

12 hours ago, Stefani said:

Yes the #1 smash, critically acclaimed, Grammy-winning masterpiece did that. It's still funny to me that people compare Gaga's success to Dua's though; Chromatica was a bad era, yet Gaga still outranked Dua on IFPI's 2020 global report according to the leak. It says a lot that Gaga's worst era still did better than Dua's best era. :spit_lmao_spitting_spraying_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_jlaw_jennifer_lawrence:

Ya'll just bitter cus Dua Lipa gave is a flawless era with an amazing album, singles, visuals and performances... and let's not forget she did all that during a global pandemic...

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Popcornie said:

Its not that they dont break boundaries its tgat you cant re-break a boundary that has already been broken. Madonna was all for expressing female ***uality and made it normalized. So now we have songs like WAP playing on the RADIO, unsensored. That would have been so controversial back in the day, but now its okay. So yeah its not new popstar problem its just that our society has progressed and there arent that many barriers to break now. 

Maybe in the USA

But in my country (france) there's still lot of puritans

If a french artist released WAP they would get ripped apart by all the conservatives

in other countries there's still a lot of boundaries to push

There's a french female rapper that tried to make very explicit rap songs and she got blacklisted from the french hip-hop industry

I wish french people would be more open minded

The problem with two huge names collaborating is the expectation generated. 'Rain on Me' is a pretty good song, but that's it. Many people enjoy it, but it's not the iconic hit it was supposed to be. The music video, though :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

Lady Gaga featuring Ariana Grande as the best thing that happened to pop culture looks great on paper but it just didn't last enough to become that.

Like it or not, Dua Lipa is the one that has been working hard to bring pop, blatant pop, back to life.

Also, before bringing the payola thing up, is it as bad to push a little bit of taste down the GP's throat? It's highly needed.

Dua and the whole Future Slayalgia era, The Weeknd's 'Blinding Lights' dominance, and Taylor's surprise releases (like it or not) were bigger moments in pop music. 

:sippinga_gaga_hotel_ahs_drinking_sipping_wine_spill_tea:

On 4/21/2021 at 4:46 AM, Look But Don't Touch said:

512e68be0057c17033e76f31fa1c0f20e8-lady-

Let's have this conversation and let's be honest. Pop culture right now isn't at its bests. Singers don't really have charisma, they release boring songs, there's just nothing special even if the songs are good. There's nothing iconic. Britney's prime era ended = no iconic moments. And that's a fact. No moments that had huge impact on pop culture rn like for example Britney dancing with a snake, kissing Madonna or shaving her head in 2000s. There's just nothing like it right now, totally nothing on this level. In my opinion ''Rain On Me'' released in 2020 was a really good moment for pop culture after years of nothing (except Thank U, Next song and music video). 

Don't get me wrong lmao I already know some people will be mad because of misunderstanding (I didn't know how to name this thread so idk if it sounds good, you can change it into something better). I totally don't think ''Rain On Me'' is even close to Britney's iconic moments, that's a fact - it is not. But choosing from all of recent moments, songs - ''Rain On Me'' is the best of it. It's iconic. On Britney's level? Absolutely not. 

''Rain On Me'' really was a moment. Two big pop stars collaborating together on a dance-pop song mixing a lot of styles together. And it sounds really good, fresh and iconic. Lyrics are good. And the music video is amazing as well. Colors, dance, chemistry, style, vibe, energy - all makes sense here. It really works. 

Btw look at art I found:

Reveal hidden contents

98962c19d19c38126fe3d6e523010ef1.jpg

EbcuOM_VAAIKRbh.jpg

2b5e8dfcee5fb7f3b7299cf5296906c4.jpg

original.jpg

samantha-olivas-rainonme-duo.jpg?1591404

4879ba43621285a500f2e4a2d1f036bf.jpg

551d37e4226f6413a27590d981156bf4.jpg

ahtisham-munir-picsart-06-26-10-21-08-1.

98962c19d19c38126fe3d6e523010ef1.jpg

crop.php?r=kLoS4VTI8KEoE_0IOHglN_pzkTONd

66bed84a224445e24931605f7f6e4bd5.jpg

original.jpg

greg-hopwood-greg-hopwood-lady-gaga-rain

EY9o9wXUMAEyGN6.jpg:small

10f9538a41bcfce1e74823ad6987665a3ab635dd

connor-james-gaga1a.jpg?1600961595

rain_on_me_by_kaemcspadden_de7xuf2-fullv

134833ccb76831bef61a153b144d267d.jpg

Seems like people really got inspired by it and that's the point :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:rain-on-me.jpg.3b2b6908af607b824c403e64b5099dff.jpg

Hmmm, Maybe I'm the only one who didn't like "Rain On Me" at all, but IMO, I think that in 2020, Pop music was dominated by Dua Lipa and Megan Thee Stallion, more than Ariana & Lady Gaga. Dua Lipa has been the first to release (and not potpone) her album at the beginning of the pandemic (as I can see it paid off!) and one of the first to have a virtual concert (Studio 2054 was amazing!)... She adapted and I give her credits for that. And for Megan, she had great performances, videos, collaborations (do you know WAP?).

And don't worry, I think that Lil Nas X is going to amaze us in the future too (from a pop culture point of view)

9 hours ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

I thought you were Asian? :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

I am, but my family heritage is a literal mess to the point of me not really having a majority of being any culture. People in my family tree just immigrated a lot and had spouses who were of other cultures. People also tend to say I look racially ambiguous. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

I consider my heritage as African-Indian because those are where my family where most recently from prior to immigrating but I can't 100% say that those are the dominant cultures I am because I'm not like a majority of anything, just a bunch of heritage that is equal to others along with smaller ones. (basically since my great-great-great grandparents on both sides, marriage has been between people who were either both from Tanzania or from India) A lot of people in my family who lived prior to me were of mixed race but others weren't. Also because these are the cultural values I am most familiar with. (I know Africa isn't a country obvi but my African side is from all different countries of East Africa so I can't give you 100% one answer)

You have the same hair and similar ears, noses, and mouth as my dad but you and I have the exact same facial hair along with the exact same hair style, I'm not sure if yours is natural but mine naturally grows like that.:nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block