Does anybody (besides me) know Billie Piper as a singer?

Billie Piper is, nowadays, a british actress BUT i got to know her as a pop singer.

Actually, she release 2 singles right BEFORE Britney came out with Baby One More Time.

Her debut single was "Because We Want You" (not my favorite song of hers), but then she released "Girlfriend"... WHAT A BOP!!!

Please: 

Long story short: 2 albums with great tunes. Now, shes an actress who doest like her past as a pop singer. Bummer coz I was really into her, still listen to her stuff every now and then.

Made a playlist on spotify with all my favorites: 

• Love 1

I remember her as a kid. My step dad had a friend that worked at a record label and they were really trying to get me to like her cause I like Britney. Weird that she ended up being famous world wide for Dr Who.  

Also, I was just reading about her second husband being, um...:cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

7 minutes ago, VCTR said:

I remember her as a kid. My step dad had a friend that worked at a record label and they were really trying to get me to like her cause I like Britney. Weird that she ended up being famous world wide for Dr Who.  

Also, I was just reading about her second husband being, um...:cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

Was Laurence Fox her second husband? She also married Chris Evans (the British radio/TV presenter, not the American actor) when she was 18 and there was a 10+ year gap between them.

20 hours ago, Isla said:

I only know Because We Want To and Day and Night which are both bawps. Day and Night was an obvious attempt at recreating the Britney/Max Martin style. I loved her as Rose in Doctor Who (Rose is probably my fave companion).

Are her albums any good?

Day and Night was an obvious attempt at recreating the Britney/Max Martin style: YES.

And I actually didnt like it.

I DO love her first album... its very "european pop" not like max martin style. but also very catchy thought.

The second album was a bit more "american pop", and didnt fit her well, IMO.
This is a gem from her 2nd album:

• Love 1
15 hours ago, VCTR said:

Funny fact: i know about dr who but NEVER watched it! =O

Should I?

Omg, I'm so glad someone else knows the legend that is Billie Piper's music career!! :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

I was obsessed with both of her albums, I still listen to the second one quite frequently.

She really delivered with She Wants You.

On 4/16/2021 at 2:09 AM, VCTR said:

It really bugs me that she's associated with him :embarrassed_britney_2007_red_hide_ashamed_cover:

On 4/16/2021 at 6:01 PM, fabricio83 said:

she also dated ritchie from 5ive back in the day...

0031490C00000258-3152950-image-m-69_1436

That's not Richie from 5ive. That's Ellen DeGeneres. 

I actually really liked Billie back in the day. She had some decent songs, Something Deep Inside being one of them. 

She got a lot of unnecessary hate from the UK media, as most female stars do. 

5 hours ago, rennen said:

That's not Richie from 5ive. That's Ellen DeGeneres. 

I actually really liked Billie back in the day. She had some decent songs, Something Deep Inside being one of them. 

She got a lot of unnecessary hate from the UK media, as most female stars do. 

ELLEN! lol Yeah he kinda look like her. XD

5 minutes ago, Innate said:

I only know her as a singer. I’ve never seen her act before. I used to go to in-store appearances all the time to get photos and for the artist to autograph their CD. I saw Billie twice and I have both her albums signed. I miss her music.

Hmm that's interesting you know her better as a singer. She hasn't released an album in 21 years and has become a well respected actress since then. She has also spoken quite negatively of her singing career since.

Edited by Isla

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block