Major Songwriters sign open letter to the Music Industry: "Stop Demanding Credit for Songs You Didn't Write"

17 hours ago, SS91 said:

Ok fair. But there is another side to it. I remember Taylor Swift (who we all damn well know write her own stuff) said some producers won’t work with her unless THEY get a song writing credit. And how some have hesitated working on a song she wrote start to finish unless they get a piece. So it’s both ways. But not everyone is a writer like Taylor so I get it 

That’s super interesting. I didn’t remember her saying that! :ohnoney_carpool_karaoke_britney_glory_sunglasses_surprised_shocked_what: Do you remember what interview she said that in?

• Like 1

Britney never did up until Britney Jean, but she wasn't even in control of her career so that's not even her fault.

Everyone in the Music Industry should be worried.

They really should start naming names though.

Expose them if it's such a big deal. No one is really going to be surprised by any of the names anyways.

• Love 5
On 3/31/2021 at 8:49 PM, Adriannn said:

I kinda am too, I mean, I'd be more than fine if she didn't write her own songs... buuuut taking credit it's just no.

I love her, MAAAAADLY, but I don't know if anyone has had the chance of watching the Netflix docuseries called Song Exploder? In her episode they explain how they crafted 'Love Again', and honestly, it was quite notorious that her team was the one doing all the job. Of course she was there being the doll she is, but her involvement seemed to be merely done in the recording booth. From what I picked up, she came up with the line "I'll sink my teeth in disbelief"... but well, let's see how this unfolds. 

The preview for that show confused me, but I should watch it!!

On 4/1/2021 at 1:21 PM, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

It’s gonna our endfall. And it’s only a matter of time until it Cancels us all.. Broken Jeep is a bitter Bit ch.  :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

Blame it on Jamie. Everyone will believe it. :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

• Love 3
On 4/1/2021 at 12:07 AM, InTheZone4Life said:

I’m honestly scared for Dua. Some of these people have written on her biggest tracks :truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill:

She is the last person on earth to do this. She always thanks everyone and give credits to the whom deserve it. She tag everyone on Ig and stuff. Too humble to do that.

Does this mean Myah Marie will get an actual credit for Britney Jean. 

When I saw Brit's name across all 13 tracks, I was like maybe 2 or 3, I know in the zone did the most,  but you see 8 or 10 other writers with her name, I'm like something doesn't add up. 

It takes 8 people to write a song, back in the day or took  2 or 3 or in Diane Warren's case just her to write a hit song. 

I think we also should call out the camps as well, cos I believe most of them never wrote the song, just someone making sure the family gets paid. 

18 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Does this mean Myah Marie will get an actual credit for Britney Jean. 

Myah has songwritingcredits, yes. 

On Body Ache and it's so bizarre to me that it is actually a David Guetta beat, but he wanted his name removed, it is no Feat. at least. 

On 4/3/2021 at 5:11 PM, Alexanda said:

Myah has songwritingcredits, yes. 

On Body Ache and it's so bizarre to me that it is actually a David Guetta beat, but he wanted his name removed, it is no Feat. at least. 

I talked with her about that on my podcast.  since I have been able to chat with different songwriters and producers, it is always (as a fan) for me interesting to hear about the songs going through transformations and going from hand to hand.

On 4/2/2021 at 2:53 AM, Halaut17 said:

Yuppp Elvis wanted “I will always love you” from Dolly Parton, but wanted the publishing/credits, she refused. Wonder why this stuff is just now being talked about??? Expose them.

I talked about this in my season one, Dolly was so sad about it but her quote was something like the publishing is for her family to be taken care of long after she passes.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, JamesRodriguez said:

I talked with her about that on my podcast.  since I have been able to chat with different songwriters and producers, it is always (as a fan) for me interesting to hear about the songs going through transformations and going from hand to hand.

Oh, can you give me a link pls? :)  Where can i find it? 

3 hours ago, Avatar said:

Because it sounds terrible.

I like the beat, but BJ in general sounds like a gameboygame at times. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block