Major Songwriters sign open letter to the Music Industry: "Stop Demanding Credit for Songs You Didn't Write"

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

this

tbh how are things going to change without exposing anyone. If the problem is so big as for people having to come up with this pact signed by many, it must be more than one. And it's not only the artists, but as they say, people from the record labels, managers, executives, etc. 

17 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

If it's been this way since the 1950s, what hope do they have in changing a thing that's normalized, their best way is to do a lawsuit to make it illegal, not a letter.  

They have to make laws to force the industry to change 

They can always just refuse to work with that artists. Some of the major artists wouldn’t have a hit without them. If they refuse to write for them, their careers will flop. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

I don’t think they need to name names, but if they do, I’ll definitely be here for the tea! :truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill:

• Love 3
  • Like 1
49 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

They can always just refuse to work with that artists. Some of the major artists wouldn’t have a hit without them. If they refuse to write for them, their careers will flop. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

I don’t think they need to name names, but if they do, I’ll definitely be here for the tea! :truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill:

but maybe they do want those artists to sing their songs, just without stealing credits :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

or maybe they have some sort of ties with record labels, and if they refuse to work with a particular artist, the label may cut all ties with other non-stealing artists, and it turns out worse for songwriters 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, PokemonSpears said:

but maybe they do want those artists to sing their songs, just without stealing credits :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

or maybe they have some sort of ties with record labels, and if they refuse to work with a particular artist, the label may cut all ties with other non-stealing artists, and it turns out worse for songwriters 

Good point. I think they just want people to stop taking royalties from one of the few things they actually get money from while the artists gets millions even without songwriting credits. Some of these pop girlies won’t be able to claim “singer-songwriter” anymore :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Like 6

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block