Is Cardi the modern and closest Britney?

8 minutes ago, TakeYourHand said:

I mean to be quite honest tell me a more impactful pop star at the moment. Rap is it right now and I literally said their genres are very different but otherwise Cardi is doing things. She was also an overnight success. 

Well first of all Britney didn’t **** and steal from men let’s just get that out there 

Second of all, Britney didn’t openly beef with the people who set the stage for her success

Thirdly, except for a viral song or two she’s local. 

I don’t need to list impactful pop stars because there hasn’t been anyone cutting it close :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

• Haha 1

Now such an assumption is pure blasphemy to Godney :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod:.

Britney is a sweet, girl next door type of girl, who is genuinely polite, sincere and heartwarming. Cardi talks and acts in a whole other way, that i can find no positive sounding words for rn, so i'll leave that to your own knowledge to get :truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill:.

Britney's image started out more clean and polished. Cardi's image have always been... let's say raunchy and risque. You'll never see Britney twerking on somebody like Cardi have done :overitkbye_britney_annoyed_leave_leaving_goodbye_blue:

Their genres and aesthetics are totally different.

Their styles are totally different. You will never see Britney behave/dress as slutty as Cardi, imo (i know the POM outfits are pretty bad but generally speaking i guess).

Britney loves to drive. Cardi has no driver's license.

Britney's prime was outstanding. Cardi was manufactured and pushed forward/helped to fame by her management/label to compete with Minaj. Cardi was their best shot. It was so obvious with her first MTV ? Award opening performance back in the day, that she was supposed to succeed and represent female rap, she was picked by her label to embody that space that was only held by Minaj. And they put money into her so ofc they are gonna help her make them money back :wonka_meme_hat_purple:.

There is absolutely no comparison and this is ridiculous :xcuseme_mad_say_what_hmm_confused:

• Like 1

I like Cardi, Nicki, etc. Respectfully, Miley, Tinashe, Halsey, and Selena (not in that order) are better candidates than Cardi B. Even Brooke Hogan and the remaining obscure female, white/white-passing pop 'singers'...Britney has a uniqueness to her. Look at how long this journey has taken from ITZ to Blackout/Circus/Femme Fatale and so fourth...all the disappointments this fanbase endures and yet here we are. Clearly she's a special individual. She's released more perfumes than singles and still we look the other way hoping we'll eventually get what we once had, even a more mature, elegant, grown woman version. I like her dancing/performances, but I've always been a fan of Britney's unique vocal stylings. If she's 'not working', then why can't she sing on social media the same way she does these living room dance recitals, and hallway fashion shows? :searching_looking:   I love you no less, Britney...(as it's probably more to do with her father, anyhow...no self-respecting 30-something mimes this late in their career...aside from Janet whom I personally think she has more in common with than Madonna) :mhmsureny_hmm_thinking_ponder_unsure_what_Tiffany_pollard_ny_New_York_miss_ms_sure:

If anyone's similar to Britney in terms of being a 'total package' for this generation, it seems most likely to be Billie Eilish. She has a similar mystery. She's an impressive performer, her voice is lovely and soulful without being obnoxious, and although her music seems to have more depth than Britney's, it is captivating just like she was. The only collaboration that I doubt the Britney Army would accept would be Billie. 

1 minute ago, 517113 said:

If anyone's similar to Britney in terms of being a 'total package' for this generation, it seems most likely to be Billie Eilish. She has a similar mystery. She's an impressive performer, her voice is lovely and soulful without being obnoxious, and although her music seems to have more depth than Britney's, it is captivating just like she was. The only collaboration that I doubt the Britney Army would accept would be Billie. 

*that I'm sure the Britney Army would accept

i kinda see your point

so many people dragging cardi or being upset that can't see this. it's true she's very loved and hated too, she has the visuals, the hits and intersting choreos a lot of people are trying to learn. 

Of course, there can't be another britney spears because she was a very particular phenomenom but still 

• Love 1