Is Cardi the modern and closest Britney?

Eh no not really. If anything and if we’re talking female rappers, Nicki is the closest thing to Britney. Both highly influential in the sense that they changed/transformed/shifted their respective genres while both were never really given the true credit they deserve during their primes. Both Nicki and Britney were also snubbed a lot throughout their careers.

• Love 4
  • Like 3
9 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Eh no not really. If anything and if we’re talking female rappers, Nicki is the closest thing to Britney. Both highly influential in the sense that they changed/transformed/shifted their respective genres while both were not given the true credit they deserve. Both Nicki and Britney were also snubbed a lot during their primes.

I feel like Nicki received all the credit in the world though. She was the only one killing it in rap and to me she feels much more like Madonna. I’m not sure how to put it but Cardi’s music feels a lot more youthful or cooler than Nicki. I think Cardi changed the female rap game by adding more trap. Now I’m not saying Cardi is Britney but I think she’s close in terms of overall career this decade. Btw...I still love Nicki lol.

• Love 1
  • Like 1