Is Cardi the modern and closest Britney?

Not even remotely close.

There will NEVER be anyone close to who Britney is.

Britney has ALWAYS been genuinely sweet and kind, something virtually all of these pop girls lack or fake. (I'd say the closest are Kylie, Dua, and Kelly Clarkson)

None of the new pop girls have ever been able to match Britney in terms of choreo. Even when Britney struggles she's still better than just about anyone in the game. (Dua seems to be trying the hardest to try to give those real performances though and Gaga has always been about the putting on a damn show life.).

Let's get to the catalog, even Britney's worst album is still better than 75% of the stuff that is constantly getting churned out.

There aren't a lot of artists where the music is good enough to get me to listen to the album from start to finish. (Gaga really stepped it up with Chromatica for me, Dua is also no slouch in the album department.)

Now as far as impact goes, there truly is no one like her. She just never needed to stir up fake drama to get people talking, she never needed to play up a victim persona to get people to pay attention, she is just genuinely that magnetic that even if people hate her they still care to know what's going on. I've never seen anyone that is literally so magnetic.

There never has been, and never will be, anyone like her. So any comparisons are really just redundant.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, TakeYourHand said:

Hear me out. The influence is real.

Let’s start with her newest song Up. It’s very reminiscent of Baby and Oops. Those three catchy piano notes. The simplicity of the word Up. Oops. She also tried it with her other song Money. 

Next up. Her videos. Girl releases great visuals. Britney always released amazing videos. Cardi doesn’t slack. 
Third. Her performances. Her music can be controversial, but even her last performance was next level. It had a lot of people talking like when Britney kissed Madge. 

Fourth, she dances. On Britney’s level? No. Good nonetheless and better with time. 
Fifth, her music. Not as catchy however she knows how to put out bops galore. Yes I know she’s a rapper but genre aside please. That’s the most obvious difference.

Sixth, fashion. Cardi is known for her fashion. She kind of leads in the fashion game and everyone gets her aesthetic.

Seventh, impact/team. Cardi has had a major impact globally and that’s not easy. Her team is great at the moment and where she’s not the best rapper, she sells which leads me to my next point.

Lastly, her personality/charisma. Cardi sells mostly due to this. A lot like Britney. She’s not the best technical artist but she has that it factor.

What do you guys think?cardi-brit.jpg.e2d1edd159fd683807f75fed07fc289c.jpg

DELUSIONAL!

• Love 2
  • Like 1

No I mean I LOVE Cardi but they're completely different and the hypes/impacts are different. The only person that came close to Britney's fame is Lady Gaga. She was a hit right from the beginning and just kept climbing (with some flops along the way but Britney did too). There are certainly other "huge" artists like Taylor Swift but she didn't have the same hype at the very beginning that Britney did. She was more of a slower climb.

• Love 1

I think the next Britney hasn't come out yet.  I don't see anyone who can dance and sell a song based on the merit of their talent without being overly provocative.  Britney flirted with being raunchy, but it was later on in her career, and compared to now, that was tame.   Cardi is like the next Khia or something.  I don't think you can compare rappers to pop stars.

• Love 1