Why does Rihanna have no iconic performances? (opinion)

I stopped checking for Rih's live performances back in 2010-2012 when I noticed her terrible habit of avoiding singing certain notes and letting the audience sing about 30% of her songs. She also really embraced the trend of current popstars performing like they have no emotion or like they are "too cool for school". That's her style and It's personally not for me. 

BUT, Rihanna is literally iconic for everything else she's done so not a SINGLE one of you can really come for her, so sit your *** down if you're even thinking about it ,sweaty :ohwut_gaga_sunglasses_shocked_surprised_what_huh:

• Love 2
5 hours ago, MonAmour said:

Riri is iconic for many different reasons and had star quality beyond measure. It’s hard to take your eyes off her when she’s on stage. I’m sorry that she never showed a *** or made out with Madonna for attention. 

is this britney shade?  aq9Apl8.gif

• Haha 1

She is a very versatile singer and her voice is just iconic. To me, she thrives as a recording artist more than as a performer. She may not have made great albums but she's got a lot of number 1 singles under her belt. I don't think she has the range to be a great performer but as a recording vocalist she's top notch.

• Love 1
On 3/15/2021 at 6:19 PM, SloppyToppyGoddess said:

I mean as a full performance,  I'm not sure this is iconic but the cat walk part in the performance gets referenced a lot in memes.

This one is extremely iconic. Actually one of my favourite non-Britney performances ever, if not the. She slays so much here and sometimes i come back to just get goose bumps. I cant remember any Beyonce or Gaga performance for instance as iconic as this one; it's all about what fierceness she exudes which is explosive :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

Also the BBHMM at Iheart with the helicopter and green fur jacket thing is rather iconic. 

On 3/15/2021 at 7:49 AM, dr34mc0r3 said:

rihanna-performances.jpg.9369fd4fcc4d37dd4142e80492cde040.jpgit's really weird

On 3/15/2021 at 7:51 AM, Blackout2006 said:

:shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

its weird but not surprising.

she has soo many huge hits, but whenever it comes to live she destroys it with her hair styles, inadequat livesinging, terrible styling.

oh and as as iconic dancing is necessarry for iconic performances her dancing skills and her terrible ´´not wanting too`` and ´´I'm too cool for the commercial music I release`` attitude do not help.

best proof the bbma 2016 perfomances. the only thing iconic were those videos of britney enjoying it.

(and her bbma 2011 s&m perfomance was only iconic because of britney)

• Haha 2

I have to agree with this. I saw her concert in 2012 and it was the most boring concert I’ve ever went too.  

She has great songs and sounds good in studio but I never was impressed with any award show/concert I saw. 

The only performance I remember was her with Britney and when she performed lose my breath with Amerie and teairra mari at the 2005 world music awards. 

11 hours ago, Adriannn said:

I madly love Rih Rih, but she’s not the best performer out there, which is weird because I think she has all it takes to be one: the voice, the looks, the hits... but she’s just not. 

I really don’t think I would attend one of her shows... if she ever has another... because 75% of the concert is all about pointing to the crowd with the microphone so they can handle the vocals, lazy dance moves... and a fine selection of her worst songs for the set list... I mean... who the hell cuts ‘Umbrella’ to only a half of it for the Anti world tour.

Again, I love Rihanna and I’m thirsty for a new album, but I am only being objective. 

I agree with this. I really do love me some Rih, but the quality of her performances just isn’t there. 

I ended up seeing her live during the Monster Tour with Eminem, and was totally let down by her. Her performing is just so lazy. She skips singing every other line, her dancing / stage presence is so apathetic and half-***ed... she did sing a lot of the singles I liked, but like @Adriannn said, a lot of the set list was questionable. 

Don’t get me wrong, I still enjoy her music, but the girl needs to step it up... and maybe not take another 5-6 years to release the next album.

If Taylor Swift can release two albums back-to-back within a year (one of them being the AOTY winner, might I add,) then Rih can yawn into a mic for a handful of tracks she didn’t write and make it happen. The endless fashion / beauty partnerships alone aren’t going to cut it.  :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

• Love 1
20 hours ago, MonAmour said:

Riri is iconic for many different reasons and had star quality beyond measure. It’s hard to take your eyes off her when she’s on stage. I’m sorry that she never showed a *** or made out with Madonna for attention. 

She made out with Britney...lol

And have shown her ***. She is just an above average artist. 

17 hours ago, Codemysta90 said:

I agree with this. I really do love me some Rih, but the quality of her performances just isn’t there. 

I ended up seeing her live during the Monster Tour with Eminem, and was totally let down by her. Her performing is just so lazy. She skips singing every other line, her dancing / stage presence is so apathetic and half-***ed... she did sing a lot of the singles I liked, but like @Adriannn said, a lot of the set list was questionable. 

Don’t get me wrong, I still enjoy her music, but the girl needs to step it up... and maybe not take another 5-6 years to release the next album.

If Taylor Swift can release two albums back-to-back within a year (one of them being the AOTY winner, might I add,) then Rih can yawn into a mic for a handful of tracks she didn’t write and make it happen. The endless fashion / beauty partnerships alone aren’t going to cut it.  :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

She needs to stop smoking so much w**d, lol. And yeah, Rihanna has never really been a dancer, but she's decent and has presence when she tries (Where Have You Been).

Her ANTI tour was really good. She has a big presence, but she's definitely a lazy performer compared to Beyonce. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block