Why does Rihanna have no iconic performances? (opinion)

On 3/15/2021 at 3:57 AM, FemmeFataleBrit said:

Performances aren’t things she’s known for.

Her career credit is:

20% Personality 

70% Songs

10% Race (not in a rude way, in the way that being an empowering woman of colour leads to a lot of support from other communities)

Agree! But Katy Perry, Taylor Swift also don’t have any memorable performances..they might have some good or great performances but yes they didn’t go to VMAs with a pyhon in their hand..lol😛

41 minutes ago, Paolo94 said:

Not iconic at a Britney Slave/Madonna kiss/Oops or Gaga Paparazzi level, but I think about this one a lot

I think it's my favorite. Flawless vocals

YES ! Was gonna post it ! And I agree its her best live !  :hype_britney_glory_jkl_jimmy_kimmel_live_laugh_lol_haha_hype_excited_pumped_lmao_cackle:
It has everything  flawless vocals, LOOK, art direction  :rihit_rihanna_annoyed_throw_walk_away_bye_irritated_mad: 

Other than this one it's always a weird a mix of mediocre dance, and chopped vocals, sorry...:ririshade1_rihanna_annoyed_window_bye_irritated_mad_black:

She needs to work work harder on performances !

She could be so much more...   :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I madly love Rih Rih, but she’s not the best performer out there, which is weird because I think she has all it takes to be one: the voice, the looks, the hits... but she’s just not. 

I really don’t think I would attend one of her shows... if she ever has another... because 75% of the concert is all about pointing to the crowd with the microphone so they can handle the vocals, lazy dance moves... and a fine selection of her worst songs for the set list... I mean... who the hell cuts ‘Umbrella’ to only a half of it for the Anti world tour.

Again, I love Rihanna and I’m thirsty for a new album, but I am only being objective. 

On 3/15/2021 at 8:57 AM, FemmeFataleBrit said:

Performances aren’t things she’s known for.

Her career credit is:

20% Personality 

70% Songs

10% Race (not in a rude way, in the way that being an empowering woman of colour leads to a lot of support from other communities)

I disagree , I think it's because she's relatable , she's pretty , and her songs are always big hits and Radio friendly , besides the last album which was amazing as well.... Race has nothing to do with it . 

Maybe if you said Beyonce I could understand, but not Rihanna .....

• Haha 1

Rihanna is an amazing performer - I've been to 3 of her concerts. She sings live, she has great costumes, is a good dancer. But I guess she never really does anything shocking or note-worthy in her performances. Like all these iconic performances have that one moment - the kiss, the snake, etc. and Rihanna hasn't really had a big gimmick like that. Maybe she feels like she doesn't really need one. The days of gimmicks are kind of gone anyway, aren't they? Like when was the last real iconic performance?

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block