Are you investing?

• Leader
8 hours ago, Arianna said:

I do, I do. I use the Robinhood app even though most are turned off to them after how they handled all of that craziness around GameStop, etc. (They turned off the ability to purchase certain stocks around that time, which is unheard of..)

anyway, I’ve had success with a few stocks. I got into stocks when Pfizer announced they had a COVID vaccine/ I was convinced it was gonna blow up but it never did, :/ 

ps dogecoin to the moon :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Ohhh? How is Robinhood? I signed up to Webull after the Game Stop fiasco w/ Robinhood. 

If anyone is interested in signing up to Webull here's my affiliate link :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

https://act.webull.com/ie/cyK4bMOKyhCT/hiw/inviteUs/recommend_1660_A_push

• Leader
37 minutes ago, monkeystar88 said:

Well our "retirement" is the stock market and that is a gamble 

Well sort of. It depends on what stocks you're buying. If you're buying into index funds like the S&P500, if one company goes under, you have 499 to help balance it out. The market has never not recovered and gone up in its entire history. Now, if you're putting all your money into one stock like AMC, yea.... good luck lol. 

Yes! I'm actually a swing trader, so I spend all day (and night sometimes) doing research and making stock/ETF trades. I only started getting seriously into it in the last two years and now I'm making more on trades than I do in my day job, though I'm still too scared to quit and focus on it full time. Maybe soon. I'm not an active crypto trader (it's hard to be these days when bitcoin and ethereum are constantly trending up) but I definitely have horses in the crypto race. 

I didn't realize there was a personal finance section here, if it turns out yall are interested in discussing investing stocks/crypto topics I'll definitely try to be more active in that arena here.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
17 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Ha that’s so funny because that’s what really got me into researching about investing. I feel so behind lol

Rather than individual stocks I’m focusing on ETF’s from now on which will give you broad market exposure without risking it on a single stock. The ETF’s I’m feeling are ARKK, ARKG, VXUS and a few more. 
Im by no means an expert but if I were advising someone based on what I know, I’d be looking into clean energy, EV companies and looking down the supply chain for battery production etc like lithium, cobalt and what not. 

Started getting into investing a few months ago and now I'm obsessed because I'm furloughed and bored :zoomzoom_britney_annoyed_irritated_blink:

I've put money in stocks and various crypto.

It's definitely a good long term thing to think about for sure!

My cousin was trying to shame me for the amount of money I wanted to put in but I'd definitely encourage researching regardless of your funds, my cousin is an idiot.

• Leader
1 hour ago, BabyBabyBay said:

Started getting into investing a few months ago and now I'm obsessed because I'm furloughed and bored :zoomzoom_britney_annoyed_irritated_blink:

I've put money in stocks and various crypto.

It's definitely a good long term thing to think about for sure!

My cousin was trying to shame me for the amount of money I wanted to put in but I'd definitely encourage researching regardless of your funds, my cousin is an idiot.

I’m kinda in this boat, too. I wanna invest any extra cent even though I don’t have an emergency fund yet :orangu_orangutan_ape:

6 hours ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

Same. What's sad for me is that I lost the credentials to a wallet I had in college with BTC in it, it was worthless at the time but now it's worth a few thou. Drives me nuts. 

Oh my god I’ve heard so many stories like this. Must be so frustrating. Please keep your credentials safe and HODL. I’m sure BTC will be worth a lot more in a few years. Do you also invest in any altcoins? 

20 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

I’m kinda in this boat, too. I wanna invest any extra cent even though I don’t have an emergency fund yet :orangu_orangutan_ape:

I started doing the same but I've also got a savings account which I contribute a little bit to once a month, which means if I ever need instant £££ I can go to that instead of taking it out of my stocks!

I honestly get such a thrill out of money management, it's kinda sad :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

Yes. I’ve been investing for a while. I have my retirement funds in an IRA. Those are mutual funds. A safer bet and will grow over time. 

On the side, I have my Robin Hood app. I will research stocks by looking at various companies and their financial statistics.  There really are no fees with the app and no minimum amount to start. 

It’s a great time to invest. It has become easier to play the stock market due to various apps. Get on it! 

My motto: Money makes money. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Pbloem19 said:

Oh my god I’ve heard so many stories like this. Must be so frustrating. Please keep your credentials safe and HODL. I’m sure BTC will be worth a lot more in a few years. Do you also invest in any altcoins? 

Yeah it's a tragedy but the lesson is beyond learned as you can imagine. 

The bulk of my crypto portfolio is in BTC and ETH, but I like to keep at least one full coin in anything with at least a $1 billion market cap so I also hold litecoin, filecoin, chainlink, stellar lumens, unisap, aave, Ox and algorand. There's probably more with 1B market cap but I trade on coinbase and those are the ones they support. At the end of the day, I believe in BTC and ETH will carry the most value in the long run but I've had a lot of gains from alts so I suppose they're worth it for now. I also think my $1 billion rule is a pretty solid strategy because the trashier coins tend to be a lot more volatile and I don't have time to actively monitor them like I do with stocks. Plus crypto markets never stop trading so it takes a pretty sophisticated set of automated triggers to keep a balanced risk strategy going with the lower alts and ain't nobody have time for that. 

I also recommend USDC since it's pegged to the US dollar, it's not a great investment since it has a tiny APR but it's a good way to keep a semi-liquid emergency fund going. It's also where I stash a portion of my realized gains from crypto and set aside the tax portion of my capital gains from stocks throughout the year so I don't have to worry about paying up when it's time to file every year. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block