Are you investing?

19 hours ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

Yeah it's a tragedy but the lesson is beyond learned as you can imagine. 

The bulk of my crypto portfolio is in BTC and ETH, but I like to keep at least one full coin in anything with at least a $1 billion market cap so I also hold litecoin, filecoin, chainlink, stellar lumens, unisap, aave, Ox and algorand. There's probably more with 1B market cap but I trade on coinbase and those are the ones they support. At the end of the day, I believe in BTC and ETH will carry the most value in the long run but I've had a lot of gains from alts so I suppose they're worth it for now. I also think my $1 billion rule is a pretty solid strategy because the trashier coins tend to be a lot more volatile and I don't have time to actively monitor them like I do with stocks. Plus crypto markets never stop trading so it takes a pretty sophisticated set of automated triggers to keep a balanced risk strategy going with the lower alts and ain't nobody have time for that. 

I also recommend USDC since it's pegged to the US dollar, it's not a great investment since it has a tiny APR but it's a good way to keep a semi-liquid emergency fund going. It's also where I stash a portion of my realized gains from crypto and set aside the tax portion of my capital gains from stocks throughout the year so I don't have to worry about paying up when it's time to file every year. 

Sounds like a great strategy! BTC and ETH also make up most of my portfolio. I have no other altcoins besides ADA and DOT. This bull market really makes me start looking into some altcoins. Especially lately when everything’s correcting. I really think now is a great chance to buy. I’ve been considering buying LTC and LINK too. I’ll keep an close eye on them.:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 1

So I’ve been easing myself into investing for a moment. I started using Acorns with in my opinion is a great place for beginners who are looking to grow basic knowledge with little work. You pay $1 a month and your money is divided into several stocks and bonds. You can also earn money by using other peoples codes to sign up. They are currently doing a promotion that they will deposit $500 into your account for referring 3 people. 

Start investing with Acorns today! Get $5 when you use my invite link: https://acorns.com/invite/P9CQLU

I’ve also started (cautiously) using Robinhood at the beginning of 2021. The platform makes keeping track of stocks growth and decline easy for users. For purchasing I have looked at upcoming trends (healthcare, herbal treatments, transportation). It’s just important be be aware that if you have the patience to wait on selling your stocks, you will pay less in taxes on your earnings compared to if you sold them within your first year. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, danduni said:

I’d love to to invest using some app. Any recommendations? Truly grateful for the record ok GIF

Use the RobinHood app. It will highlight what analysts say about the stocks. Download CNBC to learn about stocks. Start reading about various companies. Create a watchlist. 

So I just invest is Fisker, an electric car company that will rival Tesla. I also invested in Aphria, a cannabis company. They are merging with Tilray to become the largest cannabis company in the world. Strike while these stock prices are low. 

• Love 1

I invest my husband's money. I teach yoga so not alot of money there but he earns a fair bit so I've learned alot about investing since we've been married. Whatever you do don't put all your eggs in 1 basket. Invest but diversify. Buy something like VOO or SPY. Index funds that invest in the s&p500. Easy peasy. Go from there. Slowly buy over time. Build a portfolio. Throw some stuff in for fun if you want bitcoin or individual stocks, just be prepared to possibly lose some or all of that money. And you might get lucky! I did with bitcoin. :-) Finally, buy and hold! It's long-term growth we're hoping for. Dont sell every time the stock take a a dip. I love that were taking about this on breatheheavy! Never thought I see the day lol

3 hours ago, MortalMarshmallow said:

Investing is risky business right? You can lose your money man Scared Horror GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants.

Start small. Invest in stocks that look promising under $20. I understand the risks, so I made sure to carefully research my picks and put an amount of money into them that I was comfortable with potentially losing. So far I am winning. 

• Super Mods
On 2/28/2021 at 1:19 PM, THE_MIKY said:

Here in France, when you retire the government keeps on paying you a monthly payment, based on what you were earning previously and the years worked. So no need for retirement savings.

A part from that, just saving for a nice house with a big garden to live in.

the United States is such trash for not providing for citizens like this :meltdown_panic_scream_falling_die_ahh_scream_yell:

To answer the main question of there thread, though, I don’t invest but feel like i need to... haha i have a savings account but that’s it! Would love to learn more about Roth IRAs or IRAs in general, and stocks. I don’t really understand how stocks work lmao :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

On 3/1/2021 at 7:12 AM, Arianna said:

I do, I do. I use the Robinhood app even though most are turned off to them after how they handled all of that craziness around GameStop, etc. (They turned off the ability to purchase certain stocks around that time, which is unheard of..)

anyway, I’ve had success with a few stocks. I got into stocks when Pfizer announced they had a COVID vaccine/ I was convinced it was gonna blow up but it never did, :/ 

ps dogecoin to the moon :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Robin Hood app? Be careful: 

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/alex-kearns-robinhood-trader-suicide-wrongful-death-suit/

+ rip 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block