Would You Like Electro-Pop To Come Back?

BUWYGF

Only if it can be done in a modern way that sounds fresh. The thing that I've been missing most from that era is just the anthems that get you hyped up, make you want to dance, give you energy, and feel happy. 

I feel like back then, songs were overly upbeat and happy to where there was no moodiness, depth, or emotion to pop songs. But now, it seems like there are very few upbeat, happy pop songs and now every pop songs is moody and mid tempo. I don't dislike the trend, I actually like it a lot. I just wish there were a good happy medium instead of it being all at one extreme or the other.

I feel like 2015-2018 was a golden era in pop music where it blended the late 2000s-early 2010s trends of electropop + EDM + anthems with the new moodiness, depth, and emotion that was a new, fresh, modern take on pop music. I'm thinking of songs like Let Me Love You by DJ Snake/Justin Bieber, Slumber Party, Needed Me by Rihanna, Side to Side, Gold by Kiiara, Closer by The Chainsmokers, Wolves by Selena Gomez/Marshmello, etc.

• Love 4
  • Like 2
  • Super Mods
13 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Only if it can be done in a modern way that sounds fresh. The thing that I've been missing most from that era is just the anthems that get you hyped up, make you want to dance, give you energy, and feel happy. 

I feel like back then, songs were overly upbeat and happy to where there was no moodiness, depth, or emotion to pop songs. But now, it seems like there are very few upbeat, happy pop songs and now every pop songs is moody and mid tempo. I don't dislike the trend, I actually like it a lot. I just wish there were a good happy medium instead of it being all at one extreme or the other.

I feel like 2015-2018 was a golden era in pop music where it blended the late 2000s-early 2010s trends of electropop + EDM + anthems with the new moodiness, depth, and emotion that was a new, fresh, modern take on pop music. I'm thinking of songs like Let Me Love You by DJ Snake/Justin Bieber, Slumber Party, Needed Me by Rihanna, Side to Side, Gold by Kiiara, Closer by The Chainsmokers, Wolves by Selena Gomez/Marshmello, etc.

I actually agree with you. I would also like for it to come back but in a fresh kind of way, that's why I think React by PCD is the perfect example. It has their signature sound of the 2000s, yet it still sounds very fresh and modern :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:I am not gonna lie, current music atmosphere is making me bored (except for Dua Lipa and Kylie who came out with upbeat songs,) I just find it all very bland and more or less the same; all the songs are starting to sound like extentions of one another. And like you said, bring in some diversity tbh, its always either one or the other, never a mix of the two for everybody's taste buds, so it gets quite irritating :icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime:

Edit: Ava Max did a great job with this song:

• Love 3
  • Super Mods
48 minutes ago, ChromaticaGlory said:

I'd love for it to make a comeback at some point, but I love the fact that electronic music, in general, whether it's retro, or not, is making a comeback. :ohwut_gaga_sunglasses_shocked_surprised_what_huh: Dua with 70's style music, The Weeknd with 80's style music, and Gaga with 90's style music.

I agree, thank god for Dua, Kylie and Wekknd for bringing some BEAT into their music :gloriascary_scared_shocked_shook_wow_surprised: Ava Max is honestly producing some good classic pop bops, I love her for it :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 2

Oh, for sure! I think once the covid dies down, the sad, mid-tempo and dark music will take a decline and we will see genres like electro-pop, hyperpop, disco, and dance music rule the charts since people will be coming back to the clubs and people in general would want a more optimistic future ahead of them. Hopefully, with this rise will come the death of modern hip-hop :gross_britney_ew_sick_red_sunglasses_cringe_disgusted:

• Love 6
3 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

Starting 2007, electronic music made a big appearance in the pop world when a lot of pop artists started incorporating it into their music (e.g. Gaga, Britney, Rihanna etc.) Personally, I enjoyed this pop trend the most as it gave us amazing bops and actual club music to dance to. So once this entire pandemic craziness is over, would you like electro-pop to re-appear? Here are some of the best songs from the era:

How are feeling exhale, do we want it back or not? :)electro.jpg.e93dd4a627fffc547b0b3d25d76d8c56.jpg

YES!!!!

3 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

Starting 2007, electronic music made a big appearance in the pop world when a lot of pop artists started incorporating it into their music (e.g. Gaga, Britney, Rihanna etc.) Personally, I enjoyed this pop trend the most as it gave us amazing bops and actual club music to dance to. So once this entire pandemic craziness is over, would you like electro-pop to re-appear? Here are some of the best songs from the era:

How are feeling exhale, do we want it back or not? :)electro.jpg.e93dd4a627fffc547b0b3d25d76d8c56.jpg

not really agreeing with the examples. but absolutely fing yes!

• Super Mods
54 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Oh, for sure! I think once the covid dies down, the sad, mid-tempo and dark music will take a decline and we will see genres like electro-pop, hyperpop, disco, and dance music rule the charts since people will be coming back to the clubs and people in general would want a more optimistic future ahead of them. Hopefully, with this rise will come the death of modern hip-hop :gross_britney_ew_sick_red_sunglasses_cringe_disgusted:

God I hope you're true :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: I need some positivity in my life :carpoolney_dance_karaoke_glory_sunglasses_party_raise_roof:

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block