Would You Like Electro-Pop To Come Back?

BUWYGF

IDK i really enjoyed dancing to the mindless edm bangers that came out between 07-17 but I’m really into lyrics so some of those songs lacked depth :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what: but to name a few Robyn, La Roux and Ellie Goulding did well with both. Right now we have to get through this awful twerking “trap” phase :slowdown_down_cardib_b_cardi_um_fast_confused_what_stare: 

Side note: this era has A LOT of songs good for a workout playlist :brit2016_britney_bikini_orange_dance_beach_swimming:

• Love 1
6 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

You can thank Gen Z and their depression and anxiety glorification for it. Apparently, 100 out of 100 gen z'ers has depression or anxiety yet they somehow barely show any signs of any of the disorders. Being sad that your puppy died is not a depression, it's called being sad over a loss, just like feelinx nervous before an exam is not anxiety, you're just being nervous. Like calm down children :icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime:

4 hours ago, dr34mc0r3 said:

They think depression is an aesthetic , all these people calling themselves "sad girls" lmao, so tacky...

it's like a new version of the emo trend from 2004-2007

I hate this trend of depression being considered an "edgy" thing to have because when I actually was dealing with mental health issues and did have to seek professional help, nobody but my parents (and the professionals) believed me because almost everyone else was like "it'll just go away, I feel sad at times too, give it a day and you'll be over it!". :orangu_orangutan_ape:

4 hours ago, I'mNotTheAverageLady said:

I am Gen Z though:cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek: I have to say I don't really feel like I belong, at least music wise. I can't stand a bunch of the trendy hip artists - I wouldn't even go as far as labeling them artists.. They don't seem to have a vision, they are creating hits for Tik Tok ...and that's how one app ruins the music industry worldwide. The whole thing is so generic, unoriginal, manufactured with these trends

I completely agree with literally everything you said as someone who is also Gen Z. :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
5 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

I hate this trend of depression being considered an "edgy" thing to have because when I actually was dealing with mental health issues and did have to seek professional help, nobody but my parents (and the professionals) believed me because almost everyone else was like "it'll just go away, I feel sad at times too, give it a day and you'll be over it!". :orangu_orangutan_ape:

its like those people with toxic positivity, "just stop being sad, its easy" Ok Susan thank you, you cured depression, like miss me with that bs omg :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

• Love 2
8 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

not gonna lie, this sounds disgusting :gloriascary_scared_shocked_shook_wow_surprised: Kudos to him for mentioning Gimme More though, still iconic hyperpop queeennnn :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

I think a lot of it is disgusting too but I think if they learn how to use it a little modestly in current music, it could be really cool! It's sort of like PC music or Dubstep and they have added those into bops (in Britney's catelogue). I would say "If I'm Dancing", "Brave New Girl" and "How I Roll" are kinda Hyper pop. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block