Would You Like Electro-Pop To Come Back?

BUWYGF

11 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

Starting 2007, electronic music made a big appearance in the pop world when a lot of pop artists started incorporating it into their music (e.g. Gaga, Britney, Rihanna etc.) Personally, I enjoyed this pop trend the most as it gave us amazing bops and actual club music to dance to. So once this entire pandemic craziness is over, would you like electro-pop to re-appear? Here are some of the best songs from the era:

Β 

Β 

How are feeling exhale, do we want it back or not? :)electro.jpg.e93dd4a627fffc547b0b3d25d76d8c56.jpg

Β 

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

She doesn't have charisma and her face is kinda annoying but this song is goodΒ 

Imagine this song singing by Britney or ArianaΒ :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

I think the song definitely demands stronger and higher vocals than Britney, so I would love to hear Ariana doing it. But shes into that 90s boring rnb craap :new_york_breathless_uncannyxman:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
16 hours ago, jordeezy said:

I'd say it's more exaggerated pop music, sound effects, similar to 2010 music by 3oh3 and Kesha but with more distortion and digitally grungy sound effectsΒ 

Β 

Sort of like the 2nd coming of Dubstep

not gonna lie, this sounds disgusting :gloriascary_scared_shocked_shook_wow_surprised:Β Kudos to him for mentioning Gimme More though, still iconic hyperpop queeennnn :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

• Like 1
21 hours ago, dr34mc0r3 said:

i'd like to see more musical diversity in the charts

in the 90s we had grunge, g-funk, r&b, gangsta rap, eurodance, shoegaze, trip-hop all charting at the same time , music channels had a bit of everything and it was so much better

Β 

2008-2011 was a fun time but i can't listen to any of those songs anymore, ive overplayed them

Period. I also think we need more diversity. I'm so tired of the overplaying. We need electropop, but also pop rock, alt pop, indie, r&b, disco, dance pop and so on (and less Dua and Ariana please - I find them very boring)Β 

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, I'mNotTheAverageLady said:

Period. I also think we need more diversity. I'm so tired of the overplaying. We need electropop, but also pop rock, alt pop, indie, r&b, disco, dance pop and so on (and less Dua and Ariana please - I find them very boring)Β 

Ugh...ikr.

Dua Lipa looks so dead in the eye , girl seems bored all the time. I know we're in a time where that is supposed to be the "trend", looking non-chalant and bored , but tbh i'm kinda tired of that gimmick.

• Love 3
  • Super Mods
14 minutes ago, dr34mc0r3 said:

Ugh...ikr.

Dua Lipa looks so dead in the eye , girl seems bored all the time. I know we're in a time where that is supposed to be the "trend", looking non-chalant and bored , but tbh i'm kinda tired of that gimmick.

You can thank Gen Z and their depression and anxiety glorification for it. Apparently, 100 out of 100 gen z'ers has depression or anxiety yet they somehow barely show any signs of any of the disorders. Being sad that your puppy died is not a depression, it's called being sad over a loss, just like feelinx nervous before an exam is not anxiety, you're just being nervous. Like calm down children :icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime:

1 hour ago, BUWYGF said:

You can thank Gen Z and their depression and anxiety glorification for it. Apparently, 100 out of 100 gen z'ers has depression or anxiety yet they somehow barely show any signs of any of the disorders. Being sad that your puppy died is not a depression, it's called being sad over a loss, just like feelinx nervous before an exam is not anxiety, you're just being nervous. Like calm down children :icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime:

They think depression is an aesthetic , all these people calling themselves "sad girls" lmao, so tacky...

it's like a new version of the emo trend from 2004-2007

• Love 1
2 hours ago, dr34mc0r3 said:

Ugh...ikr.

Β 

2 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

I am Gen Z though:cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:Β I have to say I don't really feel like I belong, at least music wise. I can't stand a bunch of the trendy hip artists - I wouldn't even go as far as labeling them artists.. They don't seem to have a vision, they are creating hits for Tik Tok ...and that's how one app ruins the music industry worldwide. The whole thing is so generic, unoriginal, manufactured with these trends

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block