Jump to content

This explicit mix of PCD's "Don't Cha" is new to me...


jordeezy

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, phareezy said:

It always baffled me how Nicole's solo singing career never popped off. PCD was basically her with background dancers. Lose the PCD background dancers and suddenly we lost interest? It was odd. Glad she found success doing other things. She's crazy talented.

Nicole had "Don't Hold Your Breath" tho which is a bop

  • Love 4
  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Twitter Team
14 hours ago, phareezy said:

I thought a few of the singles she released weren't that bad. I loved Baby Love back in the day. Nothing on the level of her PCD stuff but it was just odd to me the fans didn't follow her solo stuff.

Nicole did okay in the UK though. Don't Hold Your Breath got to number 1 here!! I think she didn't actually release Killer Love in the US in the end for some reason.

Also not sure why they didn't release this explicit version in the end? They could have easily censored the explicit words for radio.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, Isla said:

Nicole did okay in the UK though. Don't Hold Your Breath got to number 1 here!! I think she didn't actually release Killer Love in the US in the end for some reason.

Also not sure why they didn't release this explicit version in the end? They could have easily censored the explicit words for radio.

I guess my point was she deserved to be bigger in her home country since PCD was massive for a minute. Glad she did see some big success in the UK though. Plus, it's not like she's not doing anything at all now. She's on tv pretty often.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Twitter Team
16 minutes ago, phareezy said:

I guess my point was she deserved to be bigger in her home country since PCD was massive for a minute. Glad she did see some big success in the UK though. Plus, it's not like she's not doing anything at all now. She's on tv pretty often.

Yeah I see what you mean. I'm not sure if she'll do solo music again though, she seems focused on PCD and The Masked Singer for now?

  • Love 1
Link to comment

This is the only version I listen to!

[cont’d - I was in a hurry lol]
I was SO glad when they added it to Apple Music (& a lot of other goodies). I think I still have it on CD somewhere but I literally would skip the album version every time it came on lol. This version was the 1st version I heard before the single dropped so I was already too close to it (I’m a Taurus - we don’t do change lol). 
I often wonder if this was released in the past 5-6 years, would what we know as the “explicit version” just be the standard version 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

Edited by officialmaurice
Let a few things out 😊
  • Love 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 2/25/2021 at 10:42 PM, phareezy said:

It always baffled me how Nicole's solo singing career never popped off. PCD was basically her with background dancers. Lose the PCD background dancers and suddenly we lost interest? It was odd. Glad she found success doing other things. She's crazy talented.

Her solo singles were no where near as catchy as PCD songs.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Her solo production was simply mediocre at best, I dare say even below that. The songs were boring and I have a feeling she always got scraps from A-listers, not to mention she was always late with the trend. She would release a song in a trend the moment it would pass. Just horrible management and I guess lack of funs. She's crazy talented though :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

Her solo production was simply mediocre at best, I dare say even below that. The songs were boring and I have a feeling she always got scraps from A-listers, not to mention she was always late with the trend. She would release a song in a trend the moment it would pass. Just horrible management and I guess lack of funs. She's crazy talented though :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

I agree - she really only seemed to get scraps

  • Love 2
Link to comment

Nicole wasn’t good at her first solo singles - they weren’t great at all: Whatever U like, Puakenikeni, Supervillian

But then Don’t Hold Your Breath, Wet saved her!

Do you also think how she get wet in Wet? :)

And how it could be that her best new single Boomerang won’t released in 2nd album!

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block