What do you think: Would Britney still be under a conservatorship, if...

MaxMillion

Very curious to start a conversation with you on the following question:

Do you guys think, Britney would still be under a conservatorship, if she had stopped working, let's say, after Circus/For the Record? I mean, all the conversations about #FreeBritney have become so big BECAUSE she has refused to work since cancelling Domination. Don't get me wrong, I don't think that Britney is sort of responsible because she hadn't stopped working before...but if she hadn't released four albums, gone on tour, agreed to the residency...maybe then Jamie etc wouldn't have gotten the chance to make so much money with her.

Curious to know what u guys think of that...

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get your point but at the same time it's like an impossible scenario. Britney not working under the conservatorship, especially back then, I think she would've been punished by either sending her to a mental facilitty or preventing her to see her kids, which would've been horrible for her.

Now, what could've had happened is that whatever she released flopped, like, instead of Circus being successful it had low album and ticket sales, maybe that could've been a reason to let her free, but who knows. 

I don't think she will get out anytime soon sadly.

And her working or not wasn't really her choice. We are talking about a woman who went and did full blown era after having alleged meltdown 3 months prior. I am talking about FF era.

They literally pushed her back to work medicated as hell. They didn't care that her state of mind and ability would hurt her career in long run. All they cared since 2008 was the money.

2 minutes ago, Easy There said:

I don't think she will get out anytime soon sadly.

And her working or not wasn't really her choice. We are talking about a woman who went and did full blown era after having alleged meltdown 3 months prior. I am talking about FF era.

They literally pushed her back to work medicated as hell. They didn't care that her state of mind and ability would hurt her career in long run. All they cared since 2008 was the money.

I don't think the conservatorship will dissolve this year but I do think Britney is going to get some big wins soon. She may be forced to work but the public opinion on this is becoming more informed. I don't know how many people will go see her shows or buy her music anymore knowing it's all a farce. If the money isn't there, she's of no use to team conservatorship anymore.

I totally agree with all of you. I was just thinking: Maybe I too "helped" to sustain the whole construct of the conservatorship because I

• bought her albums
  • went to see her perform
  • knew about her situation.

And then I thought: If she had refused to work, maybe the whole freebritney-movement and the social discussion about her conservatorship would have started much sooner

1 hour ago, MaxMillion said:

I totally agree with all of you. I was just thinking: Maybe I too "helped" to sustain the whole construct of the conservatorship because I

• bought her albums
  • went to see her perform
  • knew about her situation.

And then I thought: If she had refused to work, maybe the whole freebritney-movement and the social discussion about her conservatorship would have started much sooner

I had a moment like that too. I even mentioned it to a few friends and they were like "oh wow, I hadn't even thought about that." I think a boycott of Britney would actually help a lot if more people did it, but more people need to also realize Britney isn't seeing much of the money she's making and the reason this conservatorship is still going on is because she's a moneymaker. I can only imagine her streaming numbers went up a lot in the last few weeks with people not even realizing that may not be the best way to go right now.

:tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad: I don't think she really had a choice did she. Her sons were ~3-13 year old during circus-glory eras and the leaked phone call from ~2009 suggest that she was scared to lose them, the corrupted judge that helped setting up the conservatorship was still there until 2018, Team C pretty much owned her and they had total control over her personal life, medication and assets and all that. Just look up any picture of her in 2010 and she looks absolutely miserable but what did her team do? Medicated her until she barely even functioned anymore and put her through the whole FF era and she looked so sad and tired most of the era :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad: 

Also, she clearly was boycotting against team C in 2018 and 2019 and LOOK what happened then, she was put in the mental health facility against her own will and for some weird reason all the big media outlets were telling "insider" stories how she's having breakdown because her father's colon. Team C had complete control over situations where Britney tried to speak or act against them :rihit_rihanna_annoyed_throw_walk_away_bye_irritated_mad: They have gaslighted us before with media and they would have gaslighted us for the rest of her career until she would have retired. But something major happened in 2018 behind the scenes, maybe it was the judge changing or something else, but Britney finally saw an opening to act, and the infamous anonymous phone call (which is rumored to be orchestrated by Britney herself) combined with her rebellion changed everything and started this whole movement. I doubt the old judge would have done anything to free her so she didn't want to risk it because the stakes were way too high :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

Archived