Katy Perry's evangelical preacher parents spent $178K of donations to their religious charity, Keith Hudson Ministries, on lavish retreats

DailyMail

Katy Perry's preacher parents spent 96% of donations to their charity on expenses including 'retreats' at exclusive Marriott Hotels, flights, meals and cars, charity filings reveal.

Keith and Mary Hudson run a religious charity, Keith Hudson Ministries, hosting conferences in Hawaii and San Diego and 'Prophetic Nights', where Mary speaks in tongues and claims to heal members of the audience.

Documents the charity filed with the IRS this month show that in 2019 it raised $185,679 – but spent $178,046 of it on expenses.

The ministry paid out $6,900 for 'occupancy' including hotel stays according to the filing, $8,799 for 'travel' such as air fares, $5,516 for 'auto expenses' and $7,620 for 'meals' – averaging at over $600 per month.

The Santa Barbara, California-based Hudsons also list $84,058 for 'conference expenses', $12,112 for 'other expenses' and $19,448 for 'tithes and offerings'.

After raising $185,679, the charity was left with just $7,633 cash at the end of the year.

Spoiler

39424310-9272007-image-a-2_1613658812292

1227498719_KatyPerry.thumb.JPG.71c3c9561040cbed1c0a30c665eb0d0a.JPG

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

This happens so often - people using that 'good Christian' front to hide the fact that they're actually huge pieces of **** while judging other people. Projection - we hate to see it. This is despicable, and I hope there's consequences. :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

Usually, the "good Bible bashing Christians" have skeletons in their own closet, so you're not wrong at all. :ohwut_gaga_sunglasses_shocked_surprised_what_huh:

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ChromaticaGlory said:

Agreed. You'd think they would handle their charities, or funds well. That's why I'd rather give directly to the person instead of giving my money to a charity.

Exactly. I do the same. My donations are local and in the form of goods rather than funds that way I know how my money is spent! Britney taught me that lesson. Love her for it! 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

Exactly. I do the same. My donations are local and in the form of goods rather than funds that way I know how my money is spent! Britney taught me that lesson. Love her for it! 

This! Even if I do give someone money, I usually want to make sure they spend it on what they need to, and let them know that they're being taken care of. I also donate things I don't need to people who need them. Britney, and Gaga have both taught me well in that regard.

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block