Demi Lovato releases new docu-series "Dancing with the Devil"

The docuseries is titled Dancing with the Devil. She's also releasing a song of the same name. A trailer is out now. 

In it, Demi talks about her sobriety and says she's suffered from three strokes and a heart attack since. It also features cameos from Elton John and Christina Aguilera. 

I for one am SO ready to hear all about her overdose. I’m a massive Demi Lovato fan since her Disney days and only wish the absolute best for her...

It’s way selfish of me but I hope this is tied with the release of new music, maybe an album! She seems to have strayed away from it all as of late?

On Ellen last year, she mentioned that she had been working on a record which is ‘ugly, honest & heavy’ and I am hoping that it hasn’t been scrapped.

Some of her best music comes from those places: Anyone, Sober, Warrior, Shouldn’t Come Back... she should stick with it! Her vocals hit home when she sings grittier lyrics.

I guess I’m just really excited for a new era :wink_britney_everytime_white:

demi-series.jpg.bf0d2b421f8dd240b4c6ce2f610b328d.jpg

Related:

• Love 1

:brityawning_britney_chaotic_sunglasses_tired:

I don't know how I feel about this. I feel like it's split. Half to educate and half to make us pitty her? 

Her song Sober was amazing and it packed a punch but it's all I hear from her. It's hard to be excited about anything she does now. Not because she did od but living off of it now? I'd rather just move on and not dwell on it and use it to sell more music.

• Love 5
  • Like 4
16 minutes ago, blonderoman27 said:

:brityawning_britney_chaotic_sunglasses_tired:

I don't know how I feel about this. I feel like it's split. Half to educate and half to make us pitty her? 

Her song Sober was amazing and it packed a punch but it's all I hear from her. It's hard to be excited about anything she does now. Not because she did od but living off of it now? I'd rather just move on and not dwell on it and use it to sell more music.

As intrigued as I am for further elaboration on her OD - I definitely see your point, it does seem to be the only topic of discussion when it comes to her, and there’s already been a documentary... hmmm.

Maybe it would actually be better to rebuild her image without revealing anymore information about those kind of troubles.

I think if it wasn’t to do with her OD I’d share the same stance, because golden products such as Sober & Anyone came from it, I do think an album themed around the struggles would be great however! Her situation does speak to a lot of people.

As a fan the last thing I want is for people to start rolling their eyes when she goes to speak on such things, maybe she can put it all to bed after this one... 

That all being said, I’d actually be here for a really shallow pop record from Demi :prettyney_britney_iggy_girls_bbma_2015_hair_flip_bounce:

• Love 1
  • Like 2
36 minutes ago, Isla said:

Hmmm she’s already done two documentaries before though. But will be interesting to hear what she has to say about the overdose.

Yah I forgot that she had done one prior to Simply Complicated! 

I think this one might be purely centred around the OD - at least I hope it is, there’s no need to rehash previous struggles unless it’s channelled into her music.

• Like 1

I do like some of her songs and I wish her nothing but the best with her struggles. But there is something about Demi that makes her unlikable. I imagine her being really mean. This could be why she is having a hard time with her recent songs not charting well. I could also be way wrong and she could be very sweet. Just a vibe I get 

• Love 1
  • Like 6
7 hours ago, Naes614 said:

I do like some of her songs and I wish her nothing but the best with her struggles. But there is something about Demi that makes her unlikable. I imagine her being really mean. This could be why she is having a hard time with her recent songs not charting well. I could also be way wrong and she could be very sweet. Just a vibe I get 

She was absolutely adorable in the first season of the X factor :ahhhhh_britney_scream_scared_panic_shocked_surprised:

• Love 2

Are we honestly expecting this to be a groundbreaking work? 

Literally all of Scooter Braun's acts are releasing half baked "tell all" documentaries since Taylor did Miss American; I mean, Justin Bieber literally had a youtube doc for Changes to talk about how he "changed".

She's not going to go into depth. Itll be filled with vague kitchen decoration quotes about "living and loving". If it comes to a heavy topic, she'll respond with something like;

"There were times...when some people....felt ways...both good and bad....about my different situations....and we have to grow"

I mean, we all know it was **** related situation and an addiction situation, but her "comeback song" was about turning to alcohol because alcohol addiction is "easier" to accept than ****.

Her fan base hasnt evolved nor has she tried to evolve her music. Shes not going to do a tell all on her overdose and recovery for her teenage fans.

• Like 5

I’m happy for her and her fans, so congrats :) 

I liked her song she released last spring right when the pandemic hit, but I can’t remember the name of it...which is telling.

While I have no doubt people will tune in to get the 411 I feel like people won’t tune into her music.

Off subject:  She totally reminds me of the typical Leo. Always talking at you or preaching, preaching but does she practice :xcuseme_mad_say_what_hmm_confused: She always publicly  went at Selena Gomez for her problems and Selena stayed focused on her grind. Its traditional addict behavior to want to shine the light on someone else so the focus isn’t on you :janet_jackson_chewing_eating_food:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block