Demi Lovato releases new docu-series "Dancing with the Devil"

OK that was hard and crazy to watch..... in HD and beautiful settings.

I obviously sympathize more with her now, but I'd truly like to know what's the point of this because I don't think this can help anyone with an eating disorder or an addiction or a mental illness or s/xual abuse trauma...

For example, why did they show pictures of her with the captions "first time doing cr/ck" or "smoking h/roin"? And while looking all cute or as in any other Instagram photo basically. And then some glamorous shots from the music video of an upcoming song about this. What?

I feel like Demi the person is one thing, but the machine behind Demi the artist is a totally another story. I sympathize with the first one, NOT the latter.

Scooter Braun is a monster for managing her like this. And is he even going to show his face in any episode at least? He's a producer in this.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
On 2/18/2021 at 10:50 AM, BUWYGF said:

I genuinely am VERY happy for her for overcoming her hardships and addictions but jesus....shes gotta stop milking this. Ever since she debuted I've been hearing how she is recovering from addiction and she debuted like 10 years ago? It really makes me and a lot of other people believe that shes constantly drugged and just gets sober every now and then and then continues doing it :orangu_orangutan_ape:

Addiction is a lifelong battle. Maybe you need to educate yourself a bit. I don't mean that in a patronizing way, but genuinely.. read into addiction a bit. 

I'm not sure how I felt about the documentary. I had no idea she was doing crack and ******. It was really sad to see that she has permanent side effects from the overdose and that she was ***ually assaulted.

However, I couldn't deal with all the sad music. Also, it feels weird that this was brought out just in time for a new album. I get that it was to "raise awareness", but to be quite honest, it made me personally want to use. Like I'm in recovery but it made me want to use. It felt very glamourized with all the cute selfies of her on ***** and that fact that she always just looks pretty no matter what. 

She has the best access to resources anyone could imagine. Imagine if she was a regular person using crack and ******, she'd be selling herself on the streets. That's just a reality. She's more lucky than she leads us to believe.

I don't know.. I really don't know how to feel. 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

OK that was hard and crazy to watch..... in HD and beautiful settings.

I obviously sympathize more with her now, but I'd truly like to know what's the point of this because I don't think this can help anyone with an eating disorder or an addiction or a mental illness or ***ual abuse trauma...

For example, why did they show pictures of her with the captions "first time doing cr/ck" or "smoking h/roin"? And while looking all cute or as in any other Instagram photo basically. And then some glamorous shots from the music video of an upcoming song about this. What?

I feel like Demi the person is one thing, but the machine behind Demi the artist is a totally another story. I sympathize with the first one, NOT the latter.

Scooter Braun is a monster for managing her like this. And is he even going to show his face in any episode at least? He's a producer in this.

Scooter always comes up as exploitive. I really don't like him reaping producer credits with this.

What she needs to do instead of making documentary after documentary and sharing all her dirty laundry to the public is go away and deal with all of this privately with some real help.

All this looks like is that she wants money for her stories and pity from the public.

Not a good look.

i watched 1st episode. i am really sorry for her. but in my mind it still like she is not the 1 who was put in cship. and she clearly wasn't good to herself. it was also interesting they were saying she was on strict diet and heavily controlled by her team. and it made me think about Britney again. she is in that controlled environment for 13 years. And we clearly do not even know what r they doing to her.

Demi is lucky to be alive. And i wish only good to her. I hope she can find that balance and will stop hurting herself

Again, many comments on here are disgusting. Just because she's rich and has resources, doesn't mean she's lucky. She's obviously been through **** and she's tacking narrative of her story and putting her truth out there. Good on her. I'm so sick of people comparing situations (not just hers) to Britney. One doesn't make one worst than the other. Stop with the "well she's not Britney" "well she's not in a c-ship". Individual people, individual lives, individual stories.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Just watched the last episode. Definitely not how I expected it to end. But it’s interesting at least.

LOVE that Elton John said what we are all thinking. Moderation doesn’t work for addictions. Hope Demi gets some people in her life that will tell her that and also that Demi will realize it herself before it’s too late.

Ya know, even though I've been in the camp that was kind of over Demi using her addiction struggle as a marketing strategy, I have to admit that I've been  sort of won over by the candidness of this documentary. I even listened to her album and it's honestly pretty good, like not like revolutionary but she's really serving of some stellar, hard to ignore vocal performances this go around. I hope she succeeds, and after getting such an honest look at what she's been though I'm praying for her safety. Now if only she'd serve up some more bops instead of these tired( inspite of her great voice) ballads. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block