Britney Spears' December 16th court hearing will mostly center around former business manager Lou Taylor

5 hours ago, Oops2000 said:

also Lou's other clients needs to be aware of this...they better run and save their coins and support Britney!

Isn't or wasn't JLO a client of Lou's? I read that somewhere. Idk if she's still a client but I feel like she was at some point 

Edit: yup she managed JLO, Mary J. Blige, and and Martina McBride. Nothing on who she currently manages though. 

It's funny cause in these articles she boasts about being protective of women and how her staff is majority women. Yet, the majority of reviews from previous workers are pretty terrible :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Like 3
16 hours ago, Easy There said:

Yeah and its pathetic almost no celebrity has shown her real public support except Cher,Rose and Paris. Rest if them liked thing or 2. But when were asked about it they were like nahh we don't wanna get involved. I am looking at you miley 

7S8CKQx.gif

I think there is a possibility that Madonna knows a bit more than we think. Don't forget she is the only high profile star and music legend who was interviewed for For The Record. Compare that to five years earlier when she worked with Britney for the VMA's and Me Against the Music. She has direct comparison to how the situation around Britney has changed totally. She must have witnessed the insane regulations post conservatorship. Maybe she is still waiting for the right moment to say something because she knows that if she fires her shots to early she could get Britney into trouble.

But of course I'm only speculating.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Right. Thank you!

There's been a lot of lawsuits and court action over the years. It's hard to keep up.

It's worth adding this.

Her initial basis was defamation, and that the fan was using Lou's name to make money, if I'm correct.

Now, defamation is a black and white area; either something is defamatory as it is false with the intention of harming someone's name, or it is not. A statement cannot be a little bit defamatory because it puts someone in a bad light.

This was used to threaten the fan; in the end, Lou had a big business, team of lawyers and access to Britneys money.

The fan decided to stand his ground and went to the hearing to answer any and all questions.

Lou was then expected to do the same and in turn, prove that what the fan was saying (about all her shady connections, history and possible agenda) were false, and therefore, defamatory...

...she didnt go and chose to settle it outside of court.

1 hour ago, car said:

Amazing but we need a 2008-2020 finance investigation.kris jenner mystery GIF

It's a step by step; if the judge can see that Lou asking for an increase of 260%, fighting her own non britney related legal battles and jumping ship while her fathers lawyers rush to defend her, it will mean the judge will have no other options to believe that this was a once off occurrence, given the scale of the situation.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Catalin said:

If you guys truly believe you're going to see justice, you're lying to yourself.

Fans need to remember that this isnt going to end in a day unless Jamie dies suddenly and has not implemented some sort of legal loophole, and that would be a worst case scenario as it would not deliver true justice or closure and would leave the family complete torn and traumatised, while inviting the media to swarm. 

Think back to how far we have come in a year; jamie is on the ropes, lou is out, wallet is gone, britney has made her position crystal clear, britney has a professional agency managing her funds meaning no more under the table deals.

Two years ago, we were buying tickets to a show that felt strange for some reason.

7 hours ago, MM0219 said:

According to lawyersforbritney, Jamie's response to the objections has been sealed. 

hasan minhaj netflix GIF by Patriot Act

His own or his lawyers? Odd that this man said he had nothing to hide but wants statements redacted to avoid press 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

It's a step by step; if the judge can see that Lou asking for an increase of 260%, fighting her own non britney related legal battles and jumping ship while her fathers lawyers rush to defend her, it will mean the judge will have no other options to believe that this was a once off occurrence, given the scale of the situation.

I hope so- but given everything in the past, there have been many ‘it only makes sense for the judge to do X’ moments that never pan out. But I’m hoping that this gets proven shady & that opens the judge to be willing to do accept a larger request. My only concern is that ingham was her lawyer from 2008- so he may not have incentive to dig into things if he turned a blind eye / profited from it before. 

On 12/13/2020 at 10:27 PM, Easy There said:

Yeah and its pathetic almost no celebrity has shown her real public support except Cher,Rose and Paris. Rest if them liked thing or 2. But when were asked about it they were like nahh we don't wanna get involved. I am looking at you miley 

7S8CKQx.gif

So true... the only ones who do mention her name these days often just do it for the sake of getting attention from her fans.

• Love 1