Singers who SOUND like BRITNEY or have a SIMILAR TONE

You can hear a lot of Britney-esque inspiration in Lana Del Rey’s voice, especially with her earlier work. Other than that, I can’t really think of any other artists who have a similar tone or register as Britney despite her voice being imitated very frequently. 

Oh and you can definitely hear that signature Mariah Carey head/falsetto voice, especially on Britney’s first two albums.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, ColdAsFire89 said:

This is how Britney’s cry my a River would sound like...

i kinda love it 

Yoooo this is uncanny, we need to ask this girl to cover Umbrella, Milkshake, Telephone, Can't Get You Out Of My Head, Goodies and every other hits that Britney got offered and rejected :katybelt_perry_witness_yelling_singing:

5 minutes ago, AGUILEGEND IS A QUEEN said:

You can hear a lot of Britney-esque inspiration in Lana Del Rey’s voice, especially with her earlier work. Other than that, I can’t really think of any other artists who have a similar tone or register as Britney despite her voice being imitated very frequently. 

Lana is a huge Brit stan, i made a thread about it a few months ago, she mentioned in her earlier interviews that she was very inspired by Britney's voice for her song "Lolita" on Born To Die album.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, PrinceAli89 said:

The singer that comes to mind for me is Kylie Minogue. They both have a very similar style and I could easily see Britney singing Kylie's songs and vice versa. She's one person I would love to see Britney collab with. 

Britney and Kylie’s voices (tone, resonance, vocal register) literally couldn’t be any more different 💀

• Love 2
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, NotLouTaylor said:

Lana is a huge Brit stan, i made a thread about it a few months ago, she mentioned in her earlier interviews that she was very inspired by Britney's voice for her song "Lolita" on Born To Die album.

I always loved how Britney was the only modern female artist Lana would praise. Like yes girl, you better stan :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, PrinceAli89 said:

The singer that comes to mind for me is Kylie Minogue. They both have a very similar style and I could easily see Britney singing Kylie's songs and vice versa. She's one person I would love to see Britney collab with. 

4 minutes ago, AGUILEGEND IS A QUEEN said:

Britney and Kylie’s voices (tone, resonance, vocal register) literally couldn’t be any more different 💀

I think Cathy Dennis offered Toxic to Kylie Minogue back then but she rejected it while Britney got offered Can't Get You Out Of My head back in 2001 but that was too mature for her, so i can see the comparaison, they kinda had a """"similar"""" vibe back then , probably because Blooshy & Avant also worked with Kylie multiple times during the early 00s 

Cathy Dennis wrote both Toxic and Can't Get You Out Of My head.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, NotLouTaylor said:

I think Cathy Dennis offered Toxic to Kylie Minogue back then but she rejected it while Britney got offered Can't Get You Out Of My head back in 2001 but that was too mature for her, so i can see the comparaison, they kinda had a """"similar"""" vibe back then , probably because Blooshy & Avant also worked with Kylie multiple times during the early 00s 

Cathy Dennis wrote both Toxic and Can't Get You Out Of My head.

They worked with the same writers/producers. Doesn’t mean their voices are similar i- :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

And Britney was offered CGYOMH?? Why is this brand new information to me? :ohmygawd_britney_omg_shocked_wow_holy_crap_gasp_shocked_itz_in_the_zone_white:

• Love 3
1 minute ago, AGUILEGEND IS A QUEEN said:

They worked with the same writers/producers. Doesn’t mean their voices are similar i- :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

And Britney was offered CGYOMH?? Why is this brand new information to me? :ohmygawd_britney_omg_shocked_wow_holy_crap_gasp_shocked_itz_in_the_zone_white:

I've read an interview with Cathy Dennis a few years ago where she was talking about her writing process, she thought of several singers while writing the song, Britney was one of them. but i'm not sure if Britney even heard it or recorded it tho :clownery_makeup_meme:

Sophie Ellix Bextor would have slayed it too 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ColdAsFire89 said:

This is how Britney’s cry my a River would sound like...

i kinda love it 

Britney already sang cmar twice 

I mean, the songs title anyway :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

Tbh the background vocals that he did on whats like to be me sounded a lot like Britneys voice to the point it was quite hard to separate their vocals in some parts. At least to me tho :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: