Britney’s album covers are BAD.

2K16NEY

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, blackoutbixxh said:

I wouldn’t say they’re all bad. The Britney cover says hello 

Britney_Britney_Album_Cover.PNG

They definitely missed the mark with the Glory cover. But we were all aware of the argument with LaChapelle so it’s not that surprising that they didn’t go with his work. It’s more annoying that they chose to use a bs screen grab instead of doing another shoot with someone else... but again, not surprised  :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Ugh Idk why but I never liked the Britney cover. I don’t like the blue/yellow colors they used and Idk. I

As for Glory... I feel like they had no excuse. They could have done another shoot... or used a photo from her V magazine shoot. Anything better than what they chose.

19 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I love all the covers except Femme Fatale and Glory. 

FF really made no sense with the theme tbh 

Original Glory cover is a mess. Nothing positive to say. 

Britney Jean didn't also make sense with the songs tho. I wouldn't have mind if the album was called Club Bangers or something related to EDM (which was the main genre on the album) and the cover was britney dancing or with headphones idk, but since they promoted it as her "most personal ever", I can't correlate her being naked on black n white with songs like Tik Tik Boom or Work ***** :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse:

25 minutes ago, 2K16NEY said:

Ugh Idk why but I never liked the Britney cover. I don’t like the blue/yellow colors they used and Idk. I

As for Glory... I feel like they had no excuse. They could have done another shoot... or used a photo from her V magazine shoot. Anything better than what they chose.

I feel like you either love the Britney cover or you don’t. There’s no in between :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

The whole way they promoted and handled Glory was such a mess, which is a shame because the era had SO much potential :nochillbrit_britney_impatient_2008_annoyed_irritated_nope_smh_head_shaking_my_ftr_for_the_record_circus:

8 hours ago, Danielle1987 said:

(in my opinion) The Circus cover feels very fitting to me with the album. 

I know it wasn’t technically the best photo (& probably not the iconicness you’re talking about), but in retrospect the cover along with the booklet photos fits perfectly with the whole album/era mood/vibe. I think it aged quite well. 

It feels very Circus, If You Seek Amy, Mannequin, Lace & Leather, Kill The Lights, Mmm Papi, Unusual You, etc.

& something about that dress, the colors, & those blonde curls feel very “bubblegum” & I know that’s how they were aiming to re-introduce her.

I think they succeeded with this album cover in the vibe they were going for. 
Circus-_Album.png

Circus album cover was omage to Baby in a way. From her pose,to her outfit,to the innocent look on her face. 

As someone that usually *****es about the album covers the moment they are leaked lol I look at them all now and honestly, they make sense.  They just work.  Are they incredible?  Not in the least bit.  But Britney has never been the artist to be someone other than who she is and they fit her and the sounds of each album impeccably.

That said I want her to have justice with her album covers here on out but as long as we have these same peeps handling her design/etc I don't have high hopes lol.

The international (non smiling) version of baby one more time is amazing, it has a white background. The main US smiley cover is a big no, very fake and cheesy 

Oops is amazing

britney is very trippy, dreamy - Amazing

In the zone is amazing

blackout - I like the concept and artwork but the photo is a big no. 

circus - no, idk it's so basic to me even though it's made very well

femme fatale - okay but it could have been way better 

b jean - very bad. Basic, copied  the font from bangerz by miley, weak choice of photo, looked like it was chosen out of a dozen selfies she took that were over thought. Not artistic at all

glory - original one, extremely weak. A blurry screenshot and not a good (artistic) one

I know it's greatest hits but I love this cover so much.. eventho it's not officially for this greatest hits (if I'm not mistaken)

81-tc0-E6zL._SY355_.jpg

By the way, I think, the reason why Blackout cover is actually works now because everyone is like going back to retro and for that I think, we can appreciate blackout with that retro vibe? Idk, just my theory. LOL.

But imagine if she release Blackout with this cover:

2f5fb553a390ffa66c0103cb187d48fc.jpg

And for Circus, do you guys remember there was a promo with only black background and the Circus font is very circular and in neon colors, like very modern but kinda earie. I thought the whole photoshoot of Circus will be themed as freaky circus or something. But I kinda like the original one with red border.

11 hours ago, PickleSpears said:

They're not that bad... Most of them are good.

THE GOOD:

Oops!...I Did It Again
GH:MP
In The Zone
The Singles Collection
Glory (re-issue)

THE BAD:

Britney

...Baby One More Time
Circus

Britney Jean

Femme Fatale

Glory

THE UGLY: 
B In The Mix: The Remixes
Blackout
B In The Mix: The Remixes Vol. 2

Edited for the better :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

17 hours ago, Naes614 said:

Blackout is so crazy to me because I remember when it came out everyone including myself were like uhhhhhhh wtf is this? And now it’s so iconic that it’s one of my favorite vinyls ever. Other than blackout I like ITZ and the new glory cover 

Hahaha I remember. We thought it was fan made. I personally also think all covers apart from Baby are quite meh

BOMT : we never had the pink cover here and I like ours better with the praying hands and all white, though she is more beautiful in the japanese cover I think

OIDIA : This one is iconic, everyone and their grandmothers should like it ..how dare some of you ? :gunriah_mariah_carey:

Britney : I actually love this one 

ITZ : well it's very pretty but somehow I wish we could see the hair flying..I don't know the close up is a little bit extreme..even though I like this cover :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

Greatest hits : ok the silver box was gorgeous but...can we talk about the fact that Britney probably never took that photo ??!!!! :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle: The second I first saw it I thought they used the photoshoot for Rollingstone and photoshop the white shirt...just like for the perfumes ads...I can't at that level of laziness. :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what: Do we all agree this photo is not a real one and we are stanning a photoshop drawing, right ?? :disappointed_thinking_oh_okay_glasses:

Blackout : Best album in the universe, ugly cover ! I cant. I always wished they used the one someone posted the page before this one with the mirror on the back and the blue dress. I hate the fact that they painted a black and white pic and those colors ..pink and orange and black ..etc :ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew:

Circus : beautiful photoshoot, but not so pretty final pictures, heavy photoshop (too heavy ??) The cover is not beautiful.

FF : Boring as hell

BJ : Black and white version of Femme fatale cover, so still boring as hell. Plus it's not the right singer, the cover doesn't match who's singing. :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

Glory : Blurry version of the two previous albums, so a blurry boring as hell cover.

Yeah I agree they could, and should, have done better, but oh well.. some of them are still great :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams: :idgi_dont_get_it_how_confused_what_hmm_umm_thinking:

Archived