Britney’s album covers are BAD.

2K16NEY

Let’s be real. An artist of Britney’s caliber should have ICONIC and memorable album covers... yet Jive and RCA always and I mean ALWAYS disappointed. 

Album covers are meant to provide insight to an album, the colors chosen are important, the photo that is chosen is important, font choice, etc etc

Britney’s best album cover is In The Zone. The blue tint they used feels moody like most of the album is. Her face especially her beautiful eyes give off the appearance of vulnerability, which she displayed with songs like Shadow and Everytime.

I think the Oops cover is iconic too - she looks beautiful.

Blackout album cover is weird - we all hated it when it came out but now it somehow fits the era so well. 

Besides those 3, I find the rest of her album covers to be disappointing. The OG Glory cover being a still from the Make Me music video is pathetic honestly... what were they thinking. And why? It looks JUST like the FF and BJ covers but different hair and outfit. Boring as hell. 

Anyway, what do y’all think?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked the Blackout, Circus, Britney, and Oops covers but the fact that all of the other ones are just a close-up of her face feels repetitive and unoriginal. ITZ was probably the only close-up cover that worked for the reasons you mentioned. The others are just boring, especially when you think of how many artistic and visually interesting photoshoots we have from Britney. 

Should we suggest some alternatives? That could be fun. I always loved her V Magazine shoot. 

I love Oops, Britney & Blackout best. I disliked the Blackout cover at first but now I think it’s kinda iconic.

BOMT, BJ and ITZ have good covers as well. Not necessarily my favorites.

FF and Circus are kinda mehh

Glory’s cover is bad. The reissue is great though. 

I’m just a little over the close up covers. We have ITZ, FF, BJ, Glory

(in my opinion) The Circus cover feels very fitting to me with the album. 

I know it wasn’t technically the best photo (& probably not the iconicness you’re talking about), but in retrospect the cover along with the booklet photos fits perfectly with the whole album/era mood/vibe. I think it aged quite well. 

It feels very Circus, If You Seek Amy, Mannequin, Lace & Leather, Kill The Lights, Mmm Papi, Unusual You, etc.

& something about that dress, the colors, & those blonde curls feel very “bubblegum” & I know that’s how they were aiming to re-introduce her.

I think they succeeded with this album cover in the vibe they were going for. 
Circus-_Album.png

I think her only bad album covers were ff and the original glory. But there are better options within each booklet. Like circus (love this cover) could’ve been the silver star dress pic, blackout could’ve been the pic of her holding the telephone or the outtake we just got with the lace dress. Femme fatale should’ve had an edgier theme. The britney Jean one was nice too but the booklet has some amazing pics in there that were better. 

1 minute ago, Stannedforever said:

I don't know. I may be biased but I think they are quite good. The only ones I really dislike are FF and original Glory :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

27 minutes ago, Peter Pan said:

I love Oops, Britney & Blackout best. I disliked the Blackout cover at first but now I think it’s kinda iconic.

BOMT, BJ and ITZ have good covers as well. Not necessarily my favorites.

FF and Circus are kinda mehh

Glory’s cover is bad. The reissue is great though. 

I’m just a little over the close up covers. We have ITZ, FF, BJ, Glory

ITZ, FF, BJ, and Glory are all different versions of each other. ITZ is the only one done successfully :firega_lady_gaga_flames_burning:

@Stannedforever Quite good though? Idk. Circus was so boring and vanilla for an album title + concept like that. BOMT is cute and all but it was so innocent and soo pink. :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

Britney is the QUEEN of photoshoots. How can she have such amazing magazine covers and shoots yet such lackluster album covers??? It makes no sense :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

I so agree! Besides ITZ, OIDIA, Circus and Blackout, Britney has never really had great album covers. Like the Self-titled cover is so overrated like is it iconic? Duh, but is it good? Far from yes :trash_throw_away_recycle: Britney’s third best record deserved much more than a album with no color-cohesion, weird area with mattress behind her back, and Britney’s face looking weird :wtfdidusay_wth_what_huh_again_who_confused_looking_around:

Actually, most of her albums have good covers tbh. Oops, Britney, ITZ, Blackout and Circus are all good. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

The others however, are kinda boring.
Baby is pretty basic (though it is iconic). :typing_keyboard_computer:

I love the theme and colours for BJ, however they have better photos from the album photoshoot that can be used and are better than the BJ cover.

Same goes with FF. Another close up of her face :gerlwat_sunglasses_cigarette_looking_what_blink:. It had tons of good photos that can be used.

The “original” Glory was the worst tbfh. It’s blurry, and you can barely see her face from afar. Wtf were they even thinking?

The 2020 reissue would have had the media and gp talk for weeks and would have sent the album straight to #1. It’s controversial, **** and fresh. Her team is just dumb and her dad is just an idiot for being scared of Britney’s idea of using the chains :umok_pursed_squint_well_okay:

The worst part is that so many of her album photoshoots actually had amazing photos, but her albums almost always ended up with the mediocre ones. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous: Both the Ellen von Unwerth and Kate Turning shoots had so many incredible photos to pick from... :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing: Plus, now we got to see some of the Glory and David LaChapelle outtakes, yet they went with that beige mess of a screenshot instead. :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap: Even the Femme Fatale Randee shoot had some awesome photos. :notfeelinit_ny_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_meme_sunglasses_bed_mad_waiting_crossed_hands:

For me, almost all covers were great.

BOMT (pink one): Classic and the most iconic.

OIDIA: Iconic, the gold visuals really work on the cover.

Britney: The design is more "street", maybe keeping colors on Britney could work better

ITZ: a little too simple, this one is better imo: 6d3f6b8e288c4e62ce71be531dd58b1e.jpg

Blackout: One of her best, the color gradients, the font, the graphics and design  was really good!

Circus: Also one of the best, the cover really work with the album, really good for a comeback.

Femme Fatale: Simple but the way that Britney looks at the camera shows the "Femme Fatale" side of her, which works with the album tbh.

Britney Jean: Maybe too simple, the Work B8ch cover work better instead:

MV5BY2Y5YjI5NTMtMDAyMi00YzM0LTk1MTYtMDMx
Or even the Perfume cover could work too:

220px-Perfume_cover.png

Glory (first version): The gold colors really work with the Glory style/album. Maybe too simple as it’s just a screenshot of MM music video but still fine as a cover. Maybe adding more contrast will make it better.

Oops, Britney, My Prerogative and In The Mix (International version) are the best. Also the new Glory its amazing.

Baby's both USA and International versions are simple but Iconic

In The Zone its ok 

Britney Jean its ok

Blackout i always was thinking that its horrible but now i think its ok 

Circus its too childish for that age, i dont like it...

Femme Fatale dont have any thing of a "Femme Fatale"

And Glory 1st version... No comment 

Archived