This Day in Pop: Britney Spears gets her own holiday in Las Vegas in 2014 (November 5)

britneyday.jpg.8800861ebedce1208ece6cc1f69fe83e.jpgBRITNEYSPEARS.png

In 2014, November 5 was declared the official "Britney Day" in Las Vegas. To celebrate her impact with her Britney: Piece of Me residency that started in 2013, a huge event was celebrated at the LINQ Promenade where Clark County Commission Chairman Steve Sisolak presented Britney with an official proclamation, as well as the Key to the iconic Las Vegas Strip.

2678715.jpeg

087.jpg

116.jpg

108.jpg

069.jpg

117.jpg

001.jpg

Additionally, an invitation was extended to all the people named Britney (with any kind of spelling) to attend the event. The first 100 "Britney's" that checked in at the High Roller Wheel House with a valid government I.D would receive free tickets for her Piece of Me show, and would get access to a priority area to view the event.

065.jpg

006.jpg

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Charlotte_the_Harlot said:

omg you're right she was only 32... At that time her team pushed the Momney image too much, she looked much older (yet still beautiful) 

I think this came more from Britney than her team trying to push that image. If any it was more convenient for them if she was more provocative with her style.

It wasn't until 2015 - 2016 that she embraced her sexiness again

• Love 1
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Charlotte_the_Harlot said:

omg you're right she was only 32... At that time her team pushed the Momney image too much, she looked much older (yet still beautiful) 

Yea- it’s kinda nuts to think she was actually so young. Calculating her age always throws me off. Like the fact that she was 26 when during the 2008 VMAs... WHAT?! 

WHERE IS MY POST? I remember typing out one last night. :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised: Did i forget to post it... but why isn't it here in the drafts. :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

I wish Britney Day was a global holiday instead. Like, a real thing. I'm sure the whole world will be ok with it. :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

It's so cute watching all these videos cause you can tell she's really a humble legend ON A DAY that is ABOUT HER, she was just so cool and casual about it. :howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • 11 months later...