"Overprotected" Remastered in 4K (Audio also remastered)

MSTAR

14 hours ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

I’ve like every single song produced by Darkchild that I’ve ever heard except for this one for some reason. Love the original too much to keep an open mind.

Yeah the original is obviously the best, the Darkchild version is also great, amazing, and very modern (and the Darkchild version was the first version of Overprotected I have ever heard so no it’s not about nostalgia), and still I prefer the visuals, outfits, music video, sound of the original. 

10 hours ago, OOPSY said:

I finally had time to watch it.

Overprotected is her best song, so glad we got to see it in 4K. I hope I have the chance to see her perform overprotected live one day, that would be such a dream come true. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

Yeah it would be a moment unforgettable, I really hope you will see her performing this song anytime soon!

7 hours ago, Korb said:

One of the best pop songs ever recorded and obviously one of Britney's best. Period.

This!! :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

• Love 2
14 hours ago, GMFlop said:

Can u upload the screenshots of the difference between the old 4k and the new one? 

Sure, I will do it in a few hours when I will be on computer but trust me, the old one is horrible (was cropped in 16:9, wrong colors, bad quality, interpolated in 60FPS), you will see it anyway lol

• Like 1

Please don't shoot! :ahhhhh_britney_scream_scared_panic_shocked_surprised:

For the record: Overprotected (International Version) is my all time favourite Britney Spears video ever.

While I appreciate the effort, :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer: it drives me nuts to see these are not the original edits (duh, says so in the title of the remaster). :britstare11_britney_ftr_for_the_record_annoyed_tired_irritated_sigh:

I know, I know... it's to avoid copyright infringements, :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever: but I simply can't enjoy them as they were meant.:awww_sarcastic_pout_britney_2006ney_idc_poor:

It's the fine details such as "boot hits the puddle to splash" at the exact beat in the song that the new edits miss or adding "Britney in long dress and jeans supressed by the media" room scenes before the dancebreak that makes the video less attractive for me. I'm sorry. :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

To the person putting the time and effort: (still) thank you, you're an absolute angel! :bigkiss_britney_kissing:

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TedTwice said:

Please don't shoot! :ahhhhh_britney_scream_scared_panic_shocked_surprised:

For the record: Overprotected (International Version) is my all time favourite Britney Spears video ever.

While I appreciate the effort, :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer: it drives me nuts to see these are not the original edits (duh, says so in the title of the remaster). :britstare11_britney_ftr_for_the_record_annoyed_tired_irritated_sigh:

I know, I know... it's to avoid copyright infringements, :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever: but I simply can't enjoy them as they were meant.:awww_sarcastic_pout_britney_2006ney_idc_poor:

It's the fine details such as "boot hits the puddle to splash" at the exact beat in the song that the new edits miss or adding "Britney in long dress and jeans supressed by the media" room scenes before the dancebreak that makes the video less attractive for me. I'm sorry. :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

To the person putting the time and effort: (still) thank you, you're an absolute angel! :bigkiss_britney_kissing:

I completely agree with you, I can’t say you don’t have right! I’m aware that the edits I do don’t let some people enjoying the video, but what can I do? :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

I would rather not bother myself and publish the official video, that would be less of work for me and better for everyone. :byebye_goodbye_leaving:

But as you know, I edit to let the videos on YouTube. It just takes a lot of time, and I have to re-edit the video many times until YouTube accept the last edit uploaded. :overit_leave_walk_away_catfish_get_up_bye_goodbye_out_done:
Also I say everytime on the title of the video "Alternative Cut" if the scenes are moved and "Alternative Version" or "Second Version" if I include alternative scenes/or scenes from a second official version.

Normally, I’m not even supposed to upscale or remaster her videos, that’s the job of her team, not mine. :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

I do zero profit from that (which is fine since I do these videos for fun and experimenting video editors/upscalers), those edits are monetized by SME (Copyright holder of Britney’s videos, major label which own RCA) as I use their contents. So yeah, I completely agree with you with the fact you prefer the official because me too, I prefer the official ones, but no choice after all, it’s better than nothing tho :awkblink_britney_awkward_blinking:

We all wait for the Official 35mm films remasters, so we can enjoy her videos in true Native HD :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger: 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, MSTAR said:

I completely agree with you, I can’t say you don’t have right! I’m aware that the edits I do don’t let some people enjoying the video, but what can I do? :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

I would rather not bother myself and publish the official video, that would be less of work for me and better for everyone. :byebye_goodbye_leaving:

But as you know, I edit to let the videos on YouTube. It just takes a lot of time, and I have to re-edit the video many times until YouTube accept the last edit uploaded. :overit_leave_walk_away_catfish_get_up_bye_goodbye_out_done:
Also I say everytime on the title of the video "Alternative Cut" if the scenes are moved and "Alternative Version" or "Second Version" if I include alternative scenes/or scenes from a second official version.

Normally, I’m not even supposed to upscale or remaster her videos, that’s the job of her team, not mine. :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

I do zero profit from that (which is fine since I do these videos for fun and experimenting video editors/upscalers), those edits are monetized by SME (Copyright holder of Britney’s videos, major label which own RCA) as I use their contents. So yeah, I completely agree with you with the fact you prefer the official because me too, I prefer the official ones, but no choice after all, it’s better than nothing tho :awkblink_britney_awkward_blinking:

We all wait for the Official 35mm films remasters, so we can enjoy her videos in true Native HD :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger: 

Angel, you're doing a fine job! Keep up the good work! 😘

• Love 1
On 10/27/2020 at 11:37 PM, GMFlop said:

Can u upload the screenshots of the difference between the old 4k and the new one? 

Sorry for the late answer, here are the screenshots:

480p VEVO:

Overprotected-VEVO.png

Old (ugly) 4K Upscale:

Overprotected-OLD.png

yes it was cropped in 16:9

New 4K Upscale (there are even more information on the image, her necklace is cropped on the official VEVO version as well as the borders of the image):

Overprotected-New.png

So yeah, when I release a reworked version, it's not for no reason but it's to indeed improve a lot the quality to give the best experience possible.