#FreeBritney now hits Finance News, with her not making Forbes new list, even though she would have been if she wasn't in her C-Ship

jennyj

Britney didn't make Forbes new "America’s Richest Self-Made Women" list due to her C-Ship and divorce situation.

[VIDEO OF REPORTERS DEFENDING BRITNEY: https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/britney-spears-forbes-report]

"According to the publication, due to the decades-long amount of legwork Spears, 38, has put in, she has pulled in more than $30 million a year in eight of the last 20 years.

However, Forbes maintains that a bulk of Spears’ earnings is immediately paid out to others to the tune of around 25% of her gross being paid to her agents, managers and attorneys – relatively par for the course regardless of the celebrity.

The publication further reported that 40% or more lends itself to state and local taxes and in terms of expenses, one source told Forbes that Spears pays about half a million dollars in child support each year to her ex-husband Kevin Federline, plus millions since 2008 in legal support and fees related to her conservatorship.

Spears is currently under a court-ordered conservatorship, meaning a guardian – her father Jamie in this case – oversees her finances and everyday life. The conservatorship has been in effect for over a decade.

The “Princess of Pop,” who hasn’t performed live since 2018, is currently in the midst of an indefinite hiatus as she navigates the ongoing controversy surrounding the conservatorship.

Incredulous fans of the singer have thrown their support behind the #FreeBritney movement, claiming her father Jamie is treating her unfairly. Some have even accused him of stealing from the pop star's massive fortune. He has denied such allegations.

This week, Spears was granted permission to expand her legal team as her conservatorship looms in court and her father, Jamie, reportedly has opposed the petition, citing the cost of adding more lawyers, Variety said on Thursday.

In contrast, Spears is said to be "strongly opposed" to Jamie acting as her sole conservator and has reportedly requested that a trust company take over the role.

Additionally, Spear's sister Jamie Lynn is reportedly acting as her trustee while her brother, Bryan, has publicly disclosed that Spears has "wanted to get out of [the conservatorship] for quite some time."

Meanwhile, Forbes further reported that over the course of Spears' career, which has spanned more than 20 years in music, television and movies, her take-home pay is only a fraction of what many have been led to believe it to be – upwards of $250 million.

That isn’t the case, according to the outlet, who reviewed court filings related to Spears’ fortune.

In the litany of documents, the money magazine found that the “…Baby One More Time” songstress’ fortune hovered around $60 million at the end of 2019.

The overwhelming majority of that, about $56.5 million, sits in investment accounts, business investments and real estate, while the rest is in cash,” the outlet reported even though Spears has sold close to 150 million records worldwide, according to Billboard.

Spears has performed in 10 major tours and powered through a Las Vegas residency all while still raking in profits from licensing deals which include 19 popular fragrances.

Spears' 2009 "The Circus Starring Britney Spears" tour was a commercial success, with a total gross of $131.8 million, making it one of the highest-grossing tours of the decade.

Reps for Britney Spears did not immediately respond to Fox News' request for comment.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Britney already had over 100 million dollars in 2002 (she earned almost 40 millions in 2001 alone). 

Since the cship was put in place, these were the years/positions/amount she made on the Forbes' 100 highest paid celebs:

2009 #13 $35 million
2010 #6 64 million 
2012 #6 58 million 
2013 she wasnt on the list, but this was what Forbes wrote about her in mid 2013: 
We estimate that Spears brought in $24 million over the past 12 months. A lot of that came from her one-season hosting stint on The X-Factor, but it wasn’t enough for her to compete with power pop stars like Rihanna and Justin Bieber.

2015: #82 31 million 
2016 #99 $30,500,000 million 
2017 #89 34 million 

And i wonder where the rest of the 540 million dollars go? :umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure:

Did Britney have a net worth of $525 million dollars in 2007 :umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure:

Does her perfume empire still make $50 million dollars a year, selling billions of bottles :umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure:

Does Britney have a tour gross of nearly $600 million dollars, itself :umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure:

And if we do the math, if she was making 30 million dollars each year of her career, wouldn't it equal to $600 million dollars? :umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure:

Lou and Jamie, i cant wait to see you both rot in JAIL! :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

#freebritney

27 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

And if we do the math, if she was making 30 million dollars each year of her career, wouldn't it equal to $600 million dollars? :umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure:

Lou and Jamie, i cant wait to see you both rot in JAIL! :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

#freebritney

I agree with there's something shady with the finances.

But the article states 30 million per year in the last 8 years of her 20 year career.

+ those numbers are before taxes, managers, lawyers, doctors etc..

11 minutes ago, ColdAsFire89 said:

I agree with there's something shady with the finances.

But the article states 30 million per year in the last 8 years of her 20 year career.

+ those numbers are before taxes, managers, lawyers, doctors etc..

britney itself was the most paid celebrity of 2004, being paid $84 million dollars, which is 20x more than the $63 million networth she has rn.

**** is so shady

I fully believe that she has been financially abused. She has crazy expenses of upwards of 10 million dollars per year based on older court documents published online. Think about it this way..... if I earn £2000 a month then I usually spend say £1800 and try save a wee bit by, in other words you spend what you earn regardless of wether it’s £2000 or 10 million. She worked every year of the conservership because she had to! Her expenses were her earnings! I do fully believe her expenses are massively bloated and fake tho, poor wee lamb! I’m glad she’s making a stand! Just think of all that money even from meet and greets! She’s being robbed through ‘expenses’ x 

On 10/16/2020 at 5:37 AM, Blackout2006 said:

britney itself was the most paid celebrity of 2004, being paid $84 million dollars, which is 20x more than the $63 million networth she has rn.

**** is so shady

Right??? it literally makes no sense.  The courts better be investigating this.  If she's not 'capable of managing her own finances' and the C-Ship manages that, then why are those finances not being managed and instead spent on who knows what and where?

Archived