Katy Perry releases new compilation EP "Scorpio SZN"

Invitation

@Invitation I think it's a good idea. Yes, the idea is to generate more streams, but there's another motive to it. Katy Perry, for some reason, has been losing steam lately, there's a kinda backlash, and those EPs are a way to remind people of who Katy Perry was, of how big she used to be, the megastar that headlined the Super Bowl halftime show, her hits, etc.

She could’ve put a remix on it or something.  New art maybe.  Sell a collectors physical edition with a little comic book inlay that includes lyrics.  Some creativity and fun for her now boutique following.  It’s a missed opportunity, but she still has already been doing so much.  All the cute animated videos, selling the fan made vinyl cover.  So let’s just hope she has a plan with this release because she has been trying.

On 10/25/2020 at 1:04 PM, Spicechinodiva said:

In other words, unlike Taylor Swift, I see this as a way to artists that aren't performing to record label standards and in this point Katy Perry and The Biebs, so this a way to speed up the contract. 

I bet you these aren't approved by the artists or else they would promote them on social media. So instead of being dropped, both parties can say the contract has been Fullfilled and no Longer needs to be obligated under legal terms. 

I thought that EPs don't count towards the contractual album count, hence artists usually releasing greatest hits and Christmas albums.

I think this is Capitol's way of trying to get more streams/attention, just like Big Machine did to Taylor with those terrible re-releases of her albums.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block