Win! Judge approves Britney Spears' request to hire her own litigation counsel amidst conservatorship battle

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Please keep the comments respectful.

11 hours ago, Britney-fan12332143 said:

they Actually have now said. to stream music from unofficial sources. like fan youtube  pages and things 

Unofficial YouTube streams may still earn royalties to the performers and writers because of YouTube's audio recognition system. If you click on "See more" under the videos, you may see it (information on the song such as publishing, record labels and even, in many cases, a link to the official upload).

Playing previously purchased material (CDs, digital downloads, etc.) will obviously not generate new royalties. That said, Britney herself did acknowledge the releases of Mood Ring (By Demand) (original version + new remixes) and the Glory album reissue w/ a new cover last summer. Therefore, I don't think she's opposed to fans buying or purchasing any of her music while still on a hiatus fighting this legal battle.

It's mostly fragrances and The Zone pop-up (Britney's much less involved in) that may generate more money for Team Con.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Slave4Brit88 said:

Everything about the situation is scary tbh, and I hate how there doesn’t seem to be anyone we can truly trust to be on Britney’s side for her well being. Not to bring up trashing Sam but I wouldn’t trust him, not sure on Lynne she’s been happy enough being silent/complicit all these yrs and the less said on Jamie Lynne the better, on the fence with Bryan. Jamie has been allowed so much power over the yrs he’ll do anything to keep it, the courts have a lot to answer for and it is scary, we just have to keep hoping for the best I guess.

yeah, u got a point too. besides, it’s better for us to be scared for her when she’s finally emancipated rather than to always be scared of the power jamie has over her i guess.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, reputation said:

yeah, u got a point too. besides, it’s better for us to be scared for her when she’s finally emancipated rather than to always be scared of the power jamie has over her i guess.

True. I remember back when Jamie got the conservatorship and Jordan was protesting it I was so confused because it seemed like it had a hugely beneficial effect on Britney. However, I think that the power Jamie has over her has become a huge hindrance in her life. I'm of the mind that the conservatorship was necessary in the beginning (fight me, but actually please don't), but that it became extended to permanence out of a mixture of comfort, greed, and power by the wrong people. I actually think Jamie had good intentions but was brainwashed by Lou (who indisputably is incredibly problematic in how she inserted herself in Britney's life and how she conducts herself in her own life). 

In any event, this is my longwinded way of saying that I think the conservatorship saved Britney's life but that it was ultimately abused, resulting in Bryan's dumb comments about "How Can Britney mAKe a REServATION at A resTAURANt?" It seems like they got her to a healthy place and instead of easing up based on her behavior, they let the conservatorship reduce a grown woman into a child with no coping mechanisms. I'd rather be scared of what she could do when she is emancipated (at least her personal, not her finances), than the arrested development her father and other minders have kept her in all these years. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Busybee said:

Can someone dumb this down for me. I know they were approved and they represent her but what exactly do they handle? Are they financial?

No the Bessemer trust are the financial corporate fiduciary who Britney *wants* in charge of her estate instead of Jamie.

Jamie is petitioning to the court to stay on as co-conservator with Andrew Wallet (Which was withdrawn a few days ago). Britney is vehemently opposed to this.

Britney and Sam Ingham chose Loeb and Loeb to represent her in court due to their highly experienced team of contested litigation lawyers (Basically lawyers trained in the art of arguing and shade :iwin_walk_flash_camera_runway_paparazzi:)

The court agrees with Britney and says they believe Jamie will also Aggressively fight the changes Britney wants to make. 

Jamie has a whole legal team and law firm at HIS disposal, Britney just has Sam who works for the court. Britney now has one of the best and most expensive law firms in the country on her side. She’s gonna win this y’all.

Geraldine, Jamie, Lou and Robyn better be pooing 💩 themselves right now :straddle_britney_pink_yoga_meditation_bounce_legs_spread_gym:

• Love 5
  • Like 2
11 hours ago, MyahJeanSpears said:

I think more than anything Britney needs to be set up for success. She needs to learn certain things that have not been taught to her. Cher said it best when she said why would her handlers, lawyers, etc want her to get better? They were never going to let her out of the conservatorship. If it were up to me, Jamie, Larry Rudolph, Lou Taylor, Andrew Wallet, etc etc would all be behind bars. More than anything I hope she gets her 600+ million dollars back.

Ure completely right. I hope that she will have good people helping her while the cship is ending. Thats the whole problem with the cship itself: usually they never end, so thats why no one around her wants her to get/be better or help her with that. Cship arent meant to rehabilitate people bc usually people that are under are old, in coma, with dementia, so theres no turning back for them. Britney is young, she still has her mental capacity, she has/could have a social life, etc. It doesnt matter if she has issues if she still functions and can provide for herself and others that are actually benefitting from her situation. This cship cant work for anyone who can be taught things and get better. She only needed good people in her life supporting/helping her when she needed, but ofc she never had that with her family. Does Britney even do therapy?

About the money: idk how some people think she can only have 59 million dollars all these years after working quite a lot in the past 10 years. She had over 100 million dollars when she was 20! In 2010 and 2012 alone she made 64 and 58 million dollars according to Forbes. Why her net work keeps decreasing then? And I dont ******* buy that she was going bankrupt by 2007 or whatever. I would never buy anything that comes from team con. They act as if they are saving her fortune while they give more 500k to Loucifer while Britney isnt even working now. They act as if its their fortune. **** them, Britney worked her all life and lives with an 1,5k allowance at 38 yo while they all live off her money? While every single one of them gets more while she was the one who worked for and made it? Even If she wanted to burn all her money, its her ******* money. She can do whatever the **** she wants with it. 

13 hours ago, PrettyGorl said:

This is amazing! yasssss 😍😍😍

Now let’s prayyyyyu these litigators can’t be compromised 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

you know Lou will try to bribe them🙄

If Lou Taylor and James Spears want to have charges against them they better not. Even them hinting at it to the lawyers, and they would be taken down so quickly. A huge win with a case like this would be huge for these lawyers, so they are going to do everything they can for Britney. This is also an incredible legal team!

12 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Imo we don't need any more suffering. We just need justice and for this situation to be corrected. 🙏

Sorry but no, for once I'm going to have to disagree. These people have done nothing but control her, take away her basic human rights, live off her money, etc. Allegedly. They deserve to pay for the horrible things they have done to her and I hope they are thrown in jail.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, MyahJeanSpears said:

Thank you so much!!!!!! I feel the love. At the very least I will specifically come here to reach out via PM and get your thoughts on updates on her situation. I have never thought either of us were negative regarding Britney's current situation. A lot of people, even up until last month, knowing everything that we knew, did not realize exactly how dire her situation is. I don't think anyone with a rational mind can take 12 years of abuse, brainwashing, gaslighting, "mismanagement" of money, etc etc etc as something to be taken lightly. I don't think anyone can make a mistake here: Britney at several points of the last 12 years has been living in her very own horror movie. 

Everyone involved, complicit, or responsible in any way should have the book thrown at them. Britney has various levels of leeching happening, coming from her own family, her management, her "Friends", her relationships, etc. Its really sad to see. I hope she is able to heal. Considering the fact that she's had no one in her corner for 12 years, I can't fault anyone for being passionate about her situation or naming names, or putting their foot on the necks of these people that have been doing nothing but lining their own pockets for years.

I believe the thread initially was about Billy B but then it escalated to me dragging everyone on Team Con, haha. As tends to happen. :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer: But yes, I have to laugh because I was calling a spade a spade on that thread, saying Billy was lying about his communication with Britney. Revealing that I had even shown his videos to a body language expert who confirmed that he is most likely lying. And then he went on to attack BreatheHeavy like his life depended on it. Controlled opposition? :gerlwat_sunglasses_cigarette_looking_what_blink: Who knows. But I am glad that I left his behavior to speak for himself. I cringe whenever I see him in one of the thatsurprisewitness' livestreams. People have to recognize if we are to accept Britney is calling Billy B., we also have to accept that "Britney" is calling Jason Alexander, flirting with him, and leading him on, since both of them are vouching for each other's nonsense. But enough about those opportunists. There are bigger fish to fry!

Ure welcome! And I hope seeing more of u from now on :imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy:

I meant some people might think we are negative bc we show how much we loathe her family and team lol 

I dont know how some fans still think her situation isnt that serious and are more concerned about music :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever: whats the point of stanning someone If u dont even care about the person at all? Im not talking about caring about her kids or who she dates, but the fact she is in an abusive situation that finally the whole world is talking about. If she was free, ok, I get it, but Britney doesnt even have rights. We are talking about a person with feelings, who tf cares about new music now or if Scary isnt on Spotify. 

Ive been saying the same thing: Britneys life is like a never ending horror movie. Its like a telenovela that u are cheering for the good guy and hes ****ed up all the time by others and u keep thinking If in the end things will finally be ok for him.

Everyone who was complicit with Jamies **** should pay somehow. It doesnt ******* matter if they think shes crazy or dumb, how can anyone that was decent not think "wait, even If she has issues, why is she under a cship meant for people with dementia? How can she work then? Why can she make millions for others she cant even spend or control?" and do smt about it? How they couldnt see she was never really getting better? Thats why I dont trust Lynne either, even tho I do think shes the lesser of two evils when it comes to Jamie, Lou, JL, Bryan, etc. 

I wonder how she really feels: If shes aware she has been really abused not only by Jamie or If shes only fed up with him. I seriously dont know how she put up with all this **** for 12 years. I wonder how shes really handling now that she barely sees her kids. I also think she never had really anyone all this time but I wonder if she really trusts Sam, Jordi or someone. Besides her freedom, thats my biggest wish for her: that shes able to heal, to get better and to be away from her family. She has to talk to people like Macaulay Culkin to know that she doesnt have to forgive her family only bc they are blood related. Sadly some people harm their family more than a stranger ever could. I hope she has a really good therapist someday and she'll see shes better far away from her family, that they were the ones who needed her, not the other way around. I cant really help myself but hating almost everyone around her. Its depressing to watch her old stuff knowing what her life has turned into. The same thing I think when I see every other artist enjoying their lives and freedom while Britney is treated like an ill child that is only good for making money for other people. 

Its quite funny how u were right and people got sensitive deffending an attention *****. I mean, the first time he talked about the subject he said smt off about her having some type of dementia, he made the whole thing about him and then refused to say FreeBritney. Then he started acting like he invented the whole moviment and we werent real fans bc we criticized his makeup from 8 years ago and we made Britney sad. Why would Britney care about this when she doesnt even have rights? And the way he kept using Britneys name just to play the victim card... Then became obsessed with exhale and Jordan. Billy is a ******* mess and we should really ignore him from now on, he didnt add anything important to the moviment. Hes a narcissist addicted to drama.

And u nailed once again: If people are giving Billy attention, they should give Jason as well. I could care less about what these people have to say tho, they arent in her life. Its the same about who benefits from the cship or is friends with Juno: Lance, Ktrash's lawyer, Junos hairdresser, Andrew Wallet, Bryan, Jamie... it doesnt matter, I wont believe in any of these people and Im glad not even trolls on her comment section or soccer moms on dailymail are buying their **** anymore. 

I am so happy rn. I can't even explain it, but I know we all feel the same! For the first time in 12 years she is able to pick her own legal team and this is one of the BEST legal teams in the country! We must continue to fight for her. We have done all of this, and we need to keep fighting until she's free.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, britneyluv said:

True. I remember back when Jamie got the conservatorship and Jordan was protesting it I was so confused because it seemed like it had a hugely beneficial effect on Britney. However, I think that the power Jamie has over her has become a huge hindrance in her life. I'm of the mind that the conservatorship was necessary in the beginning (fight me, but actually please don't), but that it became extended to permanence out of a mixture of comfort, greed, and power by the wrong people. I actually think Jamie had good intentions but was brainwashed by Lou (who indisputably is incredibly problematic in how she inserted herself in Britney's life and how she conducts herself in her own life). 

In any event, this is my longwinded way of saying that I think the conservatorship saved Britney's life but that it was ultimately abused, resulting in Bryan's dumb comments about "How Can Britney mAKe a REServATION at A resTAURANt?" It seems like they got her to a healthy place and instead of easing up based on her behavior, they let the conservatorship reduce a grown woman into a child with no coping mechanisms. I'd rather be scared of what she could do when she is emancipated (at least her personal, not her finances), than the arrested development her father and other minders have kept her in all these years. 

right, come to think of it, at the time being maybe she DID need the conservatorship, but it should’ve ended as SOON as The Circus Tour was done THERE AND THEN. if she proved that she was healthy and competent enought do a damn WORLD TOUR, why the hell was there a need for it to prolong? :mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses: the after effects of it took a toll on her artistry (e.g. femme fatale era)

...and did Bryan honestly say that? :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating: about his own damn SISTER who’s been handed the responsibility of being the damn CASH COW of the family??? his paycheck is gonna end as soon as she’s free :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, reputation said:

right, come to think of it, at the time being maybe she DID need the conservatorship, but it should’ve ended as SOON as The Circus Tour was done THERE AND THEN. if she proved that she was healthy and competent enought do a damn WORLD TOUR, why the hell was there a need for it to prolong? :mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses: the after effects of it took a toll on her artistry (e.g. femme fatale era)

...and did Bryan honestly say that? :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating: about his own damn SISTER who’s been handed the responsibility of being the damn CASH COW of the family??? his paycheck is gonna end as soon as she’s free :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

When did Bryan say this? I feel this is something I couldnt have missed, which is weird since I lurk this website daily.