I have questions for the people who don't like Beyoncé

Midnight

27 minutes ago, ralphcornio said:

Couple reasons:

1.She's the most overrated musician I've ever heard about. As others stated, she's obviously talented, but as of dance, Britney did best before (I usually say her dancing feels like zumba fitness. As of creativity, she doesn't come close to Gaga's or Michael's genius concepts.

2.Her fans are delusional and boring. After Gaga's amazing performance, they pretended it didn't happened and said LOVE ON TOP 2011 was more impactful than her whole production. They are unable to recognize other people's success and achievements, and think anything she does is more brilliant.

3. The black movement overall. As a black person, I find it appalling that she's some sort of big representative of it, when I don't feel like it. She wrote Lemonade trying to put herself in a victim position that I simply cannot feel she ever was in. It's one of the worst music collections put together by a big artist during the 10s (specially Formation) and people involved will say it's the greatest because of the black issues she addressed on it, when the music quality is subpar. Still speaking of that, she is sort of at the center of some culture that's just rising: 'only things make by black people matter, and if it's not by a white person, we must attack it'. Many of her stans follow this, and throw Beyoncé everywhere this way, which makes me dislike her a bit.

4. The lack of iconic and memorable moments. I feel every pop artist has these ultra memorable outfits and performances (Just think Britney, Madonna, Michael, Prince, many others), and I feel she doesn't deliver this. Her career is kinda messy and lacking of these, (Single Ladies being the only outlier to the rule).

I do listen to some of her music tho, specially Destiny's.

Your profile picture :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, ralphcornio said:

Couple reasons:

1.She's the most overrated musician I've ever heard about. As others stated, she's obviously talented, but as of dance, Britney did best before (I usually say her dancing feels like zumba fitness. As of creativity, she doesn't come close to Gaga's or Michael's genius concepts.

2.Her fans are delusional and boring. After Gaga's amazing performance, they pretended it didn't happened and said LOVE ON TOP 2011 was more impactful than her whole production. They are unable to recognize other people's success and achievements, and think anything she does is more brilliant.

4. The lack of iconic and memorable moments. I feel every pop artist has these ultra memorable outfits and performances (Just think Britney, Madonna, Michael, Prince, many others), and I feel she doesn't deliver this. Her career is kinda messy and lacking of these, (Single Ladies being the only outlier to the rule).

I do listen to some of her music tho, specially Destiny's.

This whole post >>>>tenor.gif?itemid=12810252

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

This is a conversation I’ve had many times IRL because people think I’m being petty, or have no actual reason to dislike her...
I used to like her in Destiny’s Child, and her first album was really good. I have to say, musically, her sound changed right around the release of B-Day... this is when she started screaming a lot more instead of singing. This is also the main reason I now refer to her as Beastoncé. The thievery involving the eternally iconic choreography from Slave was truly the last straw, but knowing that she has done the same crap to lesser known artists pisses me off too. Her performance dancing with the background that she “interacted” with was a rip-off from an artist overseas. We know that other choreo has been used without credit too. I honestly don’t think she was ever actually pregnant with Poison Ivy... (I realize she is a child, so I won’t go in on her too much, but you KNOW she thinks she is EVERYTHING, Because of who her parents are) you all saw the video, and if you haven’t, you need to. Her “Baby bump” literally deflates during a televised interview. My older sister has 4 kids... I have been around pregnant stomachs quite a bit, and they just don’t do that. Idgaf, they don’t. So I genuinely feel like she is lying. The kid is likely hers, but I’m sure there was an unknown surrogate or something... why lie?! She also basically destroyed Teairra Mari’s career and made a star of Rihanna. Why? At that point in their careers T Mari was way more talented and was already given the title “Princess of the Roc” by Jay-Z, L.A. Reid confirmed that she did this in his autobiography, stating that Beast told Jay to back Rihanna, Not TT, the ONLY obvious reason for doing so is  that she felt threatened because Teairra was only a teenager and on her way to becoming a bigger star, but Beastoncé gave the word, and Jay literally dropped her from the label the night of her prom. Also, the nerve of her, asking for the internet to take down unflattering pictures of her. Like.... do you really think you have that kind of power? 😂😂 👌 Ok! I also agree with some people here saying that her fan base is just way too toxic. I know they are known as the Beyhive, but its honestly more like a beast cave... side-note... y’all wanna show support to the bees? Stan Binx, Indie-pop star who literally uses a portion of the money she makes from her music to help save the bees. 🐝 🐝 🐝 I could go on... and maybe I will later, but I am done for the moment. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, ralphcornio said:

Girl where have you been! She's everything, most of us believe she's the only person out of everyone that cares for Britney and can actually do something for her, we're all counting on her...

ufhgBv7.png

Yeah i just got educated lol :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

I really hope she does help in getting Britney out of this swamp tho :) 

Spoiler

that photo tho :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

• Haha 1

For me, I just dont buy her as the artist she's promoted as. The brand Beyonce has a tendency to trend hop on political issues, but Beyonce (the person) rarely makes political statements or her actions are questionable. Having feminist projected on screen is a brilliant image, but it was a sound byte from someone else. I do think her statements kinda profit more than they help.

When you have documentary after documentary of Beyonce talking about her music, but the credits have 12 writers, 7 producers and the actual writers on songs say that they were all put into writing camps, it doesnt sit well with me that shes given a lead writer and producer credit. I dont believe singers HAVE TO write everything they sing, but dont pretend either.

Theres no denying her shows are spectacles but a lot of her choreograpgy feels same old same for the past decade, and every show has to be the cultural reset her fans pretend it is (looking at homecoming for example). 

The lipsyncing thing annoys me, not because she does it but she's been caught several times and gets away with it.

Her accomplishments and sales are incredibly overinflated too and are kinda rubbed in peoples faces by her fans, who are some of the most toxic fans too but I cant blame Beyonce for that.

Theres no denying that Beyonce is an icon, and has delivered bop after bop but I feel over the past few years, the brand beyonce has kinda ruined beyonce for me.

• Love 2
  • Like 3

She's a fraud.

Constantly stealing and even admits it.

Lies about everything, like album sales, writing credits, etc.

Then being praised for being a strong woman for staying with a cheater (she's been singing about it since Ring The Alarm and Irreplaceable). She's put herself in a situation that she can't escape without sacrificing everything cuz Jay-Z will put the nail in her career's coffin.

Her fan base makes her even more insufferable because her music after Sasha Fierce is overrated AF.

The only thing that I can give her is that she doesn't bad mouth other people like Taylor Swift and play the victim.

I used to like her a lot and supported everything...

• Crazy In Love
  • Baby Boy
  • Naughty Girl
  • Deju Vu
  • Ring The Alarm
  • Irreplaceable
  • Sweet Dreams
  • Beautiful Liar
  • Halo
  • Why Don't You Love Me (Most underrated song in her career).
  • Telephone

...are all bops, but the only good song she's put out post Sasha Fierce is Partition, the rest is all overrated trash that for any other artist would be called a flop.

I just cannot tolerate liars and fakes, and that is all that she's been for way too long.

• Love 2
  • Like 3

She's an excellent entertainer and business woman. She's a terrible artist as she plagiarizes much of her 'art'. Though I respect her for the talent that she possesses, I find the fact that she unapologetically steals from lesser known talents unbearable. She even claimed writing credits in one of her tour programs for when she covered "You Oughta Know" by Alanis Morsette. I'm ambivalent in regards to her. She represents some of the worst aspects of the music industrial complex. 

Though I'm sure much of what I've stated has already been mentioned.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Personally, I don't think she sucks, however, I am not fan simply because of her fanbase. She is talented, but because people choose to put her on this unattainable pedestal (like she is Jesus Christ reincarnated), it ruined the experience for me. I log out of social media when she releases projects because I find her fans annoying. She has definitely left an impact on pop culture and music, but I find it strange that literally overnight she amassed so much success and notoriety. In the late 90s-early 00s, she was successful, but was no where near where she is today and that is what I don't understand. I look at artists like Cher, Madonna, Britney, Janet, etc. that organically developed the success and fame, and I see Beyonce, who no one was really checking for, that just exploded midway into her career because people pick and choose who they want to idolize. There are so many other mainstream and indie artists that are more artistically creative than Beyonce, that will never get the success and notoriety and that frustrates me and that is why I think she "sucks." I will never understand standom.

• Love 3

For me it's a few things. For starters, she's overrated. I'm not saying she doesn't have talent - she has a good voice, is a good performer, has some good songs. But I don't overly enjoy any of those things about her. Everyone treats her like a God but to me she's just a "good" pop star - nothing revolutionary. Imo she doesn't deserve ALL the praise and awards she gets.

I also really don't like that she "borrows" heavily from other artists. She uses a ton of samples, straight up copies a lot of performances, etc. She seems really shady when it comes to that.

Imo she should be on more of Katy Perry's level of popularity and not Madonna's (back in her prime). She's not legendary to me so I just don't get that.

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block