I have questions for the people who don't like Beyoncé

Midnight

I actually thank you for asking this question and being open to hearing the answers because these past years fanbases have gotten more and more blind and deaf towards other fandoms, and that makes us all look dumb.

I always say that I can't stand Beyoncé, and this pretty much sums it all up for me:

7 hours ago, car said:

She’s obviously talented but I find her so egotistical, self-indulgent and fake, which translates to not loving her work.

That's obviously a personal (THOUGH TRUE) reason, but if we have to be objective... Apart from being talented and hard-working, what she does positively contributes to culture and women's position in music and the world. But the problem is that with all that praise you guys are also overlooking and even promoting other toxic aspects about her and her career, which is an over the top ego and insatiable competition, which are NOT nice values to instill in fans and the public in general. And pay attention... E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G she does, and how she does it, ends in some kind of benefit to her and her brand, which makes her seem desperate to me at times.

Having said that... I particularly love these two songs and videos:

The song is FANTASTIC. Whenever I hear this I swear I could dance on my balcony in my underwear, I give no f cks. The production is amazing, her vocals are flawless, and she sounds creative and like she's pushing herself. I also like the lyrics.

And this one:

Aaaaaaaamazing... It's a bop, it has the feminist message that she's preaching, she's dancing her a ss off, she sounds and looks like she's having fun, and she's RELAXED for once, like she isn't trying THAT hard. Also, it's cute with those throwback home videos, a soft side that isn't forced or highly manipulated. AND it's creative and it looks great.

To me, THIS is the Beyoncé I would love to love.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, BUWYGF said:

I consider her talented, but personally, I fail to connect with her because my intuition tells me she's not genuine about her music and the message she conveys. I feel like shes always taking advantage of the momentum. I kinda just see her as a very smart businesswoman, but shes not honest at all. 

I am a 100% sure that the whole story about Jay Z cheating on her was a pure lie made up to sell albums and arenas for the tour. I feel like this is a lie because this is a woman who NEVER let public and media into her personal life in order to save her perfectly clean image. Then she drops the cheat bomb all of a sudden? Nah fam, that's a pure PR stunt. Im in that industry too, so I know one when I see one.

That's it basically, I believe shes dishonest and likes to take advantage of people and momentum. 

I agree 100% and i would like to add she posed as Virgin Mary in some pictures/performances. I am not religious, but that sent me the message that she compares herself to a god and she considers herself as above the rest of us. I cannot connect with her, i tried but i cannot.

• Love 4
  • Like 1

Honestly, it’s not a matter of disliking her, it’s more of an opinion of thinking she is overrated. She wouldn’t have survived as a solo artist without the help of Destiny’s Child, and I feel like she slaps Kelly and Michelle in the face every chance she gets. I think she has definitely put out some iconic and great material, but I don’t see the hype like other people claim her to be. I personally would rather listen to/watch Rihanna 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Love 5
  • Like 1
  • Content Curators
1 hour ago, bitbitboi said:

I actually thank you for asking this question and being open to hearing the answers because these past years fanbases have gotten more and more blind and deaf towards other fandoms, and that makes us all look dumb.

I always say that I can't stand Beyoncé, and this pretty much sums it all up for me:

Thank you for your response, for me I've always been a fan of just the music. I'm not really aware of other aspects of the artists I listen to so, I am trying to understand why aside from her music people don't like her. The thing for me is Beyonce is an incredible performer just like Britney for example so I want to understand why people like Britney and not Beyonce when both are just as talented. I can understand if people don't like the music but, it just seemed strange to me why such distaste for her but now I start to see why. I a way of course.

2 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

Aaaaaaaamazing... It's a bop, it has the feminist message that she's preaching, she's dancing her a ss off, she sounds and looks like she's having fun, and she's RELAXED for once, like she isn't trying THAT hard. Also, it's cute with those throwback home videos, a soft side that isn't forced or highly manipulated. AND it's creative and it looks great.

I also love "Grown Woman" it's one of her best songs ever. I see what you mean and yes I agree.

I wanna be there when you touch fire

• Content Curators
10 hours ago, SumoCyco2017 said:

Music is garbage. Voice sounds like a banshee more so than xtina live. Im sorry am i suplosed to like ghetto dumpster fire just because the blm crap is going on? Ill suck my black dudes **** to show my support instead, at least i get something enjoyable oit of that:shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

u are nasty, no one asked for ur unneeded racist comments but clearly u got something else on ur mind

also imagine being gay and racist lmfaooo no surprise from white aging twinks like u tho 

oh and using words like "tr*nn*"

• Love 2
10 hours ago, car said:

She’s obviously talented but I find her so egotistical, self-indulgent and fake, which translates to not loving her work. 

Mainly these ^ for me. I loved her when she was part of Destinys Child then she became the things you wrote above. I do love a bunch of her solo songs. She has a great voice but I do have to say I hate when she yells and overdoes it, ala Xtina and others who do it. I'm not a fan of singers that 'yell', the louder you are doesn't make you the best. The biggest thing is the ******* ego. I can't stand conceited folks.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, NobodyKnowsPete said:

That’s why you do playback after I pay you 100 € for a ticket... 

And then people be like

-whoa, how is she singing and dancing like that??

+cuz she’s beyoncé, duh!!

And I cry inside trying not to have a breakdown in a public place meanwhile almost not one single soul from my generation knows Britney’s challenging choreos that actually require technique :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

yeah :selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad:

• Love 1
  • Like 2
10 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

1) She’s stolen choreographies from many individuals including Britney

2) She made up the whole Solange/Jay Z/Infidelity drama for sales

3) Involved with stealing Britney’s Vanguard moment at the VMA’s

Imma stop right there though :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod: I will say I do appreciate some of her hits pre-2013 and her work with Destiny’s Child. 

Okay so I don't dislike Beyonce, I'm gonna reply a lil here

1. I haven't seen evidence of that and even if she did, Britney herself has literally carbon copied Janet's choreographies. People are inspired.
  2. Same could've been argued for Everytime and Britney releasing a song about a topic that was everywhere in the media. I don't see how Beyonce made up anything though.
  3. That's the VMAs not caring about Britney. They also had Gaga dressed up as Joe Calderone trying to kiss Britney, that whole segment was awful.

There's this strange feud between Beyonce and Britney that basically only exists on Britney standom that I don't get. Lemonade was amazing.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Commotion said:

Okay so I don't dislike Beyonce, I'm gonna reply a lil here

1. I haven't seen evidence of that and even if she did, Britney herself has literally carbon copied Janet's choreographies. People are inspired.
  2. Same could've been argued for Everytime and Britney releasing a song about a topic that was everywhere in the media. I don't see how Beyonce made up anything though.
  3. That's the VMAs not caring about Britney. They also had Gaga dressed up as Joe Calderone trying to kiss Britney, that whole segment was awful.

There's this strange feud between Beyonce and Britney that basically only exists on Britney standom that I don't get. Lemonade was amazing.

And we are all entitled to our feelings :riri_rihanna_take_bow_wink_flirt_hand_white: 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Couple reasons:

1.She's the most overrated musician I've ever heard about. As others stated, she's obviously talented, but as of dance, Britney did best before (I usually say her dancing feels like zumba fitness. As of creativity, she doesn't come close to Gaga's or Michael's genius concepts.

2.Her fans are delusional and boring. After Gaga's amazing performance, they pretended it didn't happened and said LOVE ON TOP 2011 was more impactful than her whole production. They are unable to recognize other people's success and achievements, and think anything she does is more brilliant.

3. The black movement overall. As a black person, I find it appalling that she's some sort of big representative of it, when I don't feel like it. She wrote Lemonade trying to put herself in a victim position that I simply cannot feel she ever was in. It's one of the worst music collections put together by a big artist during the 10s (specially Formation) and people involved will say it's the greatest because of the black issues she addressed on it, when the music quality is subpar. Still speaking of that, she is sort of at the center of some culture that's just rising: 'only things make by black people matter, and if it's not by a white person, we must attack it'. Many of her stans follow this, and throw Beyoncé everywhere this way, which makes me dislike her a bit.

4. The lack of iconic and memorable moments. I feel every pop artist has these ultra memorable outfits and performances (Just think Britney, Madonna, Michael, Prince, many others), and I feel she doesn't deliver this. Her career is kinda messy and lacking of these, (Single Ladies being the only outlier to the rule).

I do listen to some of her music tho, specially Destiny's.

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block