I have questions for the people who don't like Beyoncé

Midnight

17 hours ago, Commotion said:

Okay so I don't dislike Beyonce, I'm gonna reply a lil here

1. I haven't seen evidence of that and even if she did, Britney herself has literally carbon copied Janet's choreographies. People are inspired.
  2. Same could've been argued for Everytime and Britney releasing a song about a topic that was everywhere in the media. I don't see how Beyonce made up anything though.
  3. That's the VMAs not caring about Britney. They also had Gaga dressed up as Joe Calderone trying to kiss Britney, that whole segment was awful.

There's this strange feud between Beyonce and Britney that basically only exists on Britney standom that I don't get. Lemonade was amazing.

plagioq.gif

Tbh in 2003 Britney said that she wouldnt get too personal on her album bc she learned her lesson and she didnt like to expose herself that much. BUT she knew Justin since she was a child, they dated for like 4 years, she was close to his family, they even lived together and it was obvious it was her first love... Then no matter what happened between them, Justin was getting too personal. He wrote many songs about her on his debut album, it wasnt only CMAR. He released CMAR video with a Britney lookalike cheating on him. He implied in many interviews she cheated on him, he was playing the victim and throwing her under the bus a lot (talking about their *** life, being ironic about her purity). Bc imo his actions didnt seem that were only to get attention/buzz and sell albums, he seemed really pressed, vengeful and as if he wanted to destroy her good image, to **** shame her as well. He could have stopped after he got the success he wanted, after he was already with other woman, but there he was after the VMAs she kissed Madonna, implying a inflatable doll Christina was holding was Britney (and many other shades he threw in the next following years). She tried her best to not talk a lot about the subject like he did and shaded him like twice bc of CMAR song and video. She released one song and wasnt even portraying herself as a victim but apologizing for whatever she did that hurt him that badly (btw the media never picked that, but its obvious that Everytime is a response to Never Again, not to CMAR, but of course media said that bc it made headlines). In Everytime she doesnt blame Justin for anything or said that happened bc of him, differently of Beyoncé doing a song acting as a victim saying she would be ok with her baby after forgiving her cheating husband she had a choice to leave if she wanted to. And since CMAR Justin recorded/released many other songs about her, again not in the best light, What Goes Around Comes around being one of them. Britney did Everytime and moved on with her life. It was a beautiful, personal song and the girl she wrote with said years ago that Britney was feeling bad with him getting personal. Britney didnt make a whole album about Justin, she did one song, was the third single she didnt even promote that much and even the video doesnt have anything to do with Justin. Thats the difference. 

4 minutes ago, 10pm24 said:

I thought you were trying to prove something so I watched the whole video waiting for that part but then the video ended :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

Lol I posted bc I agree with ur post lol I think Jordan posted about this playback back in the day and I remember a lot of her fans were angry and in denial when people said she was caught lipsynching lol 

I think she is a good artist but the fact that many people treat her like she's a God-send rubs me the wrong way. Specially because she actually believes it's true. She used to make fun music, but now everything she makes tries too hard to become "a statement" and the fun was lost.

Now I honestly dont care about anything she releases because it has to have some ulterior empowerment movement behind it - so nothing she released after 2011 has been half as good as what she used to make in the 2000's

• Love 3
  • Like 4
10 hours ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

do you want know the truth? Most of them are just jealous because Beyoncè has surpassed Britney as a performer and they can't accept it

xv7KujTJ6eJT0MCeRZOc7eB8fXJ2GH-8hmIiP7e5

But im not jealous of her tho. I obviously acknowledge that she surpassed Present-britney as the better performer, but its just that her fans and very alleged-plagiarism ruined it for me

• Love 1
  • Like 1

This is so similar to a previous post.

This dislike is not personal i.e. its not about Beyonce the person, woman, mother, black woman etc.

We simply think as an artist, she is totally overrated. She is treated like some kind of God like figure in the music industry but her streams and sales show that her music is not that popular.

We also don't believe she is an exceptional songwriter or lyricist, we pretty much know she gets a lot of help from songwriters and producers unlike say Taylor Swift or GaGa or Adele.

Beyonce is an exceptional performer, an incredibly attractive woman, appears to be a very nice person and a very savvy businessperson but she isn't the next coming of God or the best pop star current or that ever lived.

I think the reason why you get the impression that people don't like her, is more that we don't like how the media portrays her as the biggest pop-star that ever lived because it simply is not true.

The days of Michael Jackson-level fame in the music industry are over. Streaming has changed this forever. I don't believe we will ever have huge stars like this again because streams democratises the music industry and thats good for getting quality music but I will agree its not as fun as the old days.

On a person note, I personally find it super annoying how Beyonce tried to create this kind of exclusive access to her music by using only Tidal (which no one uses) and she made it impossible to access recordings of her live performances (which are amazing) and kind of tried to lock everything down so that you have to use Tidal. I think this hurt her in a big way. Look at Gaga, she posts every performance she can on youtube. In fact her entire albums are posted on youtube, free for all to listen too. This is because she wants ALL people regardless of how wealthy they are to access her artistry. 

• Love 3
On 9/21/2020 at 12:19 AM, Midnight said:

Which choreographies ? 

I 'd like to see :bieber_justin_smirk_weird:

I didn't know about the vanguard award stuff :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

Beyonce is talented, no way to deny it. But I agree with those ofyou saying she is annoyingly self centered and out of touch. Yes, she can sing and dance but first, not the first or last, nor is she saving humanity and yet she acts like that. I do think she has a good team, great work ethic and interesting visions, but it is widely known she steals choreos, used to steal concepts (sometimes she still borrows heavily) and steals songs making writers give her writing credits when it wasn't her. I mean, ughhh. She would be far more interesting if she didn't think Jesus pooped her on Earth and she is the biggest **** ever. 

Now, about the Vanguard award thing, it was just that Britney prepared a super mediocre  performance and Beyoncé slayed, honestly. 

• Love 4
On 9/21/2020 at 8:52 AM, ralphcornio said:

3. The black movement overall. As a black person, I find it appalling that she's some sort of big representative of it, when I don't feel like it. She wrote Lemonade trying to put herself in a victim position that I simply cannot feel she ever was in. It's one of the worst music collections put together by a big artist during the 10s (specially Formation) and people involved will say it's the greatest because of the black issues she addressed on it, when the music quality is subpar. Still speaking of that, she is sort of at the center of some culture that's just rising: 'only things make by black people matter, and if it's not by a white person, we must attack it'. Many of her stans follow this, and throw Beyoncé everywhere this way, which makes me dislike her a bit.

For me, I just dont buy her as the artist she's promoted as. The brand Beyonce has a tendency to trend hop on political issues, but Beyonce (the person) rarely makes political statements or her actions are questionable. Having feminist projected on screen is a brilliant image, but it was a sound byte from someone else. I do think her statements kinda profit more than they help.

It's really just this for me. I am not black, however, her contributions to any political conversation have always felt ingenuine. I don't really know how else to describe it.

With that said, I think it is amazing to have an artist use their platform for good messages regardless if it is 100% coming from them. Since this is about Beyonce herself, I'll leave out mentioning her stans :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: she can't control that.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, studlygeorge said:

Since this is about Beyonce herself, I'll leave out mentioning her stans :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: she can't control that.

It is and it isn't, she could or she can't. Fans end up being part of the artist, of what it means and represents. She'd be lying if she said she didn't encourage their worship-like behavior throughout the years, so it's a bit of her fault and she could do better to prevent them being the way they are.

I honestly think she's one of the most talented performers out there and i don't think she's overrated in terms of talent. She's a killer dancer, great singer and has phenomenal stage presence. You can tell her work ethic is insane and i respect that. There are better singers out there, but they don't necessarily have the full package so to speak, so she does top a lot of people.

However.

Like others have said, she seems so egoistical and like she truly enjoys being worshipped. That is sooo off putting to me. And her worshipping fanbase put me off as well.

There is also a disconnect there, like it's hard to feel connected to her because she's just so hidden behind this character & lives in Beyoncé land. When you love an artist its because you feel something towards them or resonate with them, so it feels natural to stan. 

The furthest i get is listening to some of her old songs and admiring some of her live performances but thats it.

• Love 3
  • Like 1

I've never seen the appeal. she's a good performer but she is anything but authentic or genuine , she's beautiful and talented yet her songs only reflect THAT only and not enjoyment thrill or good time. As in to me she's another Xtina and i cannot get over her ego throughout her songs it only screams ''IAM A GOOD SINGER AND I CAN HIT NOTES'' .

Single ladies is a good ....bop but where am i going to listen to it? I downloaded lemonade and was literally tired of the songs by day 3 except for Formation. I loved six inch heels but it's incredible how her songs age like milk.

Just don't see the appeal or buzz , she's a female singer who has a fake reputation for being a ''feminist'' and all about ''girl empowerment'' which clicks in this modern era of women empowerment and that served her well. Whereas her husband cheated on her countless of times yet.....she's still with him.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

I like some of her songs, but she's really overrated!! And everything is about marketing, she's sounds fake to me in every speech! She has a great team behind her, and really put on a show, but beside this.. She was never been on top, there's always someone bigger than her (Britney and Christina in 00's, Gaga, Adele, rihanna, Katy and Taylor 10/20's have bigger numbers) 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, oliveranto said:

I like some of her songs, but she's really overrated!! And everything is about marketing, she's sounds fake to me in every speech! She has a great team behind her, and really put on a show, but beside this.. She was never been on top, there's always someone bigger than her (Britney and Christina in 00's, Gaga, Adele, rihanna, Katy and Taylor 10/20's have bigger numbers) 

Yet, people always say she was bigger than Britney in the 00s, or was the biggest female artist of the 2010s :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
On 9/23/2020 at 1:57 PM, Blackout2006 said:

Yet, people always say she was bigger than Britney in the 00s, or was the biggest female artist of the 2010s :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:

Doesn't make sense.. Britney is way bigger in sales (albuns at least), bigger tour than Beyonce (circus tour more lucrative than I am... Tour), most search person in internet almost every year, how Beyonce is bigger than Britney in 00's??

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, oliveranto said:

Doesn't make sense.. Britney is way bigger in sales (albuns at least), bigger tour than Beyonce (circus tour more lucrative than I am... Tour), most search person in internet almost every year, how Beyonce is bigger than Britney in 00's??

exactly! :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

In fact, Britney and Beyonce were even touring in the same year but guess who had the highest grossing tour of 2009? Britney :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

Britney has the second-best selling female album of the 00s and is even the best selling female artist of the 00s :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

The sales Dangerously In Love had (Beyonces debut) were as same as to the ratio of Britney's third album, In The Zone :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

And we will only talk if Beyonce EVER drew a crowd like this OUT of the US  in the 00s :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

People always like underestimating britney, thats why even for a decade she ruled by her own self, they are trying hard to put Beyonce over it when in fact, the numbers, charts, sales and impact are on Britney's side :leaving_tiffany_pollard_walk_away_leaving_bye_walking_out_pink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_bag:

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block