Was Britney one of the most hated celebrities back in her prime? Why?

Blackout2006

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

I still doubt people respect her after her breakdown :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

She is still made fun for what she went through in 2007, in the light of mental health, she is still being called crazy :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

Well I guess I meant by the industry cause she has gotten WAY more awards after than back in her prime.

Its a shame that she was so hated when she started and that started her downfall

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's weird... The media made fun of her a lot and girls her age seemed to bash her a lot.  I remember there was a website called Spear Britney :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:  She really confused people with the virginity talk yet dressing **** and the media made a "deal" out of it too.  IDK.  The hate was unwarranted but even as a kid I could see how she was being pressured to be 2 different people at the same time and I didn't like it. 

I remember when slave come out and one of the nightly news shows were trying to dissect if the background vocals said “I just want to have *** with you.” Even though we know it says “I just want to dance next to you.”  I remember the whole segment being about how they were listening in on that audio to see. Does anyone else remember that?

I remember when slave come out and one of the nightly news shows were trying to dissect if the background vocals said “I just want to have *** with you.” Even though we know it says “I just want to dance next to you.”  I remember the whole segment being about how they were listening in on that audio to see. Does anyone else remember that?

3 minutes ago, JonJon92 said:

Nope. From what i remember people were impressed/shocked in a good way it was a Britney Spears song since it was a big step from the bubble pop songs. 

There was a small-time, I would say until the mid of the Britney era when it was cool and accepted to be her fan.I can remember I brought a book of her into school. And girls who were Eminem fans and were listen to other stuff like him were curious about it and really nice. They asked me if they can see it. They liked Britney too. But then it switched. Britney was too uncool. Because she is a nice and polite girl. She was not rude. and has not a bad *** attitude. People are more accepted  in our society when they have bad manners, use their elbows. When they don´t say please and sorry all the time.

4 hours ago, lemonadeskie said:

It's just the epitome of how misogyny runs through and through, like a poisonous gas throughout all of society. It's NORMAL to talk about a woman suffering like a joke. It's NORMAL to ridicule a woman being "crazy". It's NORMAL to terrorise a woman for not living up to the standard of perfection. And when she reaches it, society will have no trouble tearing you down via s*ut shaming, etc etc.

This. The hate she always got was because she was a young, succesful woman. Hollywood loves to tear women down. When they're on top they love to ridicule them for every little imperfection. It's like they're waiting for them to crack and then make fun of them. It's really sad. Britney was always respectful and loving during her prime, but people were just mean to her. The interviews specially during 03 and 04 were so rude. And then 2007 happened. The fact that a young mother was going through deep trouble was laughable at the time. Us fans were the only people asking for respect. It was so mean, my heart broke during that time. 

Archived