This Day in Pop: Britney debuts as a judge on The X Factor USA in 2012 (September 12)

xfactorney.jpg.8a47371ae1e6a3892c5b2bb44a64d93f.jpgthis-day-in-pop.png

On September 12, 2012, the first episode of auditions from the second season of The X Factor USA was aired. Britney Spears joined Simon Cowell, Demi Lovato and L. A. Reid on the judge panel.

The auditions had been recorded from May - July, and they had no hosts, since they haven't been hired yet at the time. On this first episode we could see clips from the auditions in Austin, San Francisco and Providence.

XFactor091312.jpg?alias=standard_900x600

britneydonphilip.jpg

britney-spears-demi-lovato-x-factor-sf-a

orig.jpg

920x920.jpg

9cc023342d5e8d5d758040ea029e2295.jpg

61634fe14f661f1c3b0a259950878743-cf72387

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, thebritmaster said:

X Factor marked the end of a lot of Britney’s relevance unfortunately. I don’t think her performance on the show was very popular with the public 

THats probably due to the GP never actually gave her a chance. The majority of people doesn't exactly think Britney is talented.. C-ship or not, britney was always seen as a pop-robot with no input, autotune, lip- synch, and couldn't actually sing. Thats how majority look at her. So having her become a judge on x-factor was to most people just weird and negative, before the show even began. She never had a chance. A season more would have done it otherwise. 

Just look at the america got talent show with the different judges they have, they have to prove themself over and over.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, PokemonSpears said:

Everyone focuses on the negative parts but there were auditions and performances you can see she clearly enjoyed. I live for those moments

Yes! :ahhh_britney_scream_glory_excited_yay_pumped: And whether they admit it or not, if you're a Brtiney stan, X Factor is one of those memorable moments! The feeling of excitement is still vivid in my memory. 

The way we tune in regularly for every episode, excited to see what Britney will wear next, her quirky remarks on the auditions and live shows, her facial expressions - those were really good times. 

• Love 2

So, she has dementia and can't decisions about her own life. Yet, she was able to make decisions on someone carrier....

She didn't felt comfortable there, you can clearly see it. She was forced into it and it makes me sad. She would be better as guest judge here and there.

• Love 4
  • Like 3
Just now, BONO Productions said:

Yes! :ahhh_britney_scream_glory_excited_yay_pumped: And whether they admit it or not, if you're a Brtiney stan, X Factor is one of those memorable moments! The feeling of excitement is still vivid in my memory. 

The way we tune in regularly for every episode, excited to see what Britney will wear next, her quirky remarks on the auditions and live shows, her facial expressions - those were really good times. 

It was everything to be able to see her on TV twice a week for the duration of the season :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

• Love 3
Just now, SkyNet said:

So, she has dementia and can't decisions about her own life. Yet, she was able to make decisions on someone carrier....

She didn't felt comfortable there, you can clearly see it. She was forced into it and it makes me sad. She would be better as guest judge here and there.

that's why she asked the judge to reduce the conservatorship after she got the millionaire contract. The same judge that authorized her to take part in the show, determined the conservatorship should remain indefinite. :icant2:

• Love 3

The pretaped stuff was so good.  I felt bad for her during the lives cause she didn't really want to speak that much.  Pretaped they could pick the best parts and it made her look so sassy and on it.  The lives were different.

My favorite thing about her season of X-Factor was during the pretape and it was LA Reid's birthday.  Obviously the show wanted to show her singing since people would probably saying she can't sing and want to prove them wrong.  But when Demi said that it was LA's birthday and was like "WE should do something for him."

And Britney goes "I'll sing him happy birthday."

Demi:  "Yeah that's a good idea."

:spit:

It made me laugh so hard.   Then she did sound great singing it but the lead up to me cracked me up.

• Haha 2
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

It was everything to be able to see her on TV twice a week for the duration of the season :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

It was like Christmas for us Britney stans in 2012. :wontcry_tears_crying_sad: Xfactor, scream n shout, talk show interviews, and xfactor again. We were well fed.

I remember back then I was really eager to always go home early instead of playing with my highschool friends just to watch Xfactor and chill and interact here on exhale. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

• Like 2