This Day in Pop: Britney debuts as a judge on The X Factor USA in 2012 (September 12)

1 hour ago, thebritmaster said:

X Factor marked the end of a lot of Britney’s relevance unfortunately. I don’t think her performance on the show was very popular with the public 

I also have this theory that it gave off the impression to GP (especially X Factor’s young audience) that she was way older than what she really was. I even remember Simon joking at the time that she was 45. Her makeup, chothes choices and hairstyles did scream middle aged soccer mum, apart from maybe the first day (pink dress) where she looked stunning.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, sanpedro said:

Also I’m still annoyed that Xtina and The Voice outviewed. They played dirty.

I also read a while back that she was occasionally dissed on this show and several contestants argued back to her... anyone know anything about this?

A tryout said something about her being autotuned. I cant remember if they aired it but it did happen.

I would like to bring up how we thought she was gonna perform Scream & Shout on X Factor and when she didn’t we had melt downs :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black: 

• Love 1
  • Haha 3
3 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

A tryout said something about her being autotuned. I cant remember if they aired it but it did happen.

I would like to bring up how we thought she was gonna perform Scream & Shout on X Factor and when she didn’t we had melt downs :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black: 

it's on the first episode I linked

there is one of these clown contestants they put just to cause controversy, a 50 year old man performing his original song Candy Girl. The judges are like, no, and then he tells Demi that she uses autotune, and so Britney defends her telling him

tenor.gif?itemid=5892207

tumblr_m9y7ezIW0R1qcaa41o1_500.gif

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

To Britney’s face?image.gif.72957f20e604fe94559a152c7d3b7101.gif

Are you sure you’re not referring to that guy who said Demi used auto tune and Britney got involved to defend her?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Gagabritxxx said:

Everything about this era was a mess, even the interviews. We had awkwardney..This q&a with the Fans was a mess 00:30 seconds.. I can’t omg 😂😂😂   “What are you thinking to do for your next album?”  Britney: No 

Britney was really kinda rude here....The way she just walked off without saying anything. 

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Gagabritxxx said:

Yeah I’m not sure why she was acting like this.. it was very strange 

She was very anxious, at the time we used to see her psoriasis getting worse

article-2205854-151A7DF9000005DC-380_308

you can see how she scratches her foot, and even one of the girls asked what was it

And the way she left, I think they were on a commercial break, and they were calling her back, so she just ran to where Ellen was. It was the same day this happened

and this

8 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

She was very anxious, at the time we used to see her psoriasis getting worse

article-2205854-151A7DF9000005DC-380_308

you can see how she scratches her foot, and even one of the girls asked what was it

And the way she left, I think they were on a commercial break, and they were calling her back, so she just ran to where Ellen was. It was the same day this happened

and this

Do you think she was very medicated and out of it in this? Poor Brit she looks sooo anxious 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Gagabritxxx said:

Do you think she was very medicated and out of it in this? Poor Brit she looks sooo anxious 

That's been the mystery all this time, people thought she might have been going out of whatever they were giving her during FF era to look like a zombie, and others thought they were given her something different.

Thing is, she was at least showing some emotion in 2012, whether it was "a negative" emotion or not, but it was different than the sedated state she showed in 2011. By 2013 she appeared so much more calmed, no psoriasis, and her interviews were much more lively and less awkward.

There were many stuff going on behind the scenes though, her requesting the conservatorship to be reduced, getting engaged to Jason, Jason becoming co-conservator, and whatever they were doing to her medication.

8 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

And it wasn't even that bad, but watching the episode again, the Don Philip part and how they edited everything, I think it was even worse for her to watch the final product.

However I still believe she did way better than during the FF era

It made her likable. But I felt with Paula being fired, Britney was the Paula of this season. The Nice one to compliment Simon. But Still the shady face to fifth Harmony Makin it to the finals is epic

• Like 1
7 hours ago, joanhs said:

THats probably due to the GP never actually gave her a chance. The majority of people doesn't exactly think Britney is talented.. C-ship or not, britney was always seen as a pop-robot with no input, autotune, lip- synch, and couldn't actually sing. Thats how majority look at her. So having her become a judge on x-factor was to most people just weird and negative, before the show even began. She never had a chance. A season more would have done it otherwise. 

Just look at the america got talent show with the different judges they have, they have to prove themself over and over.

You said it all. That’s how people who isn’t a fan of her see her unfortunately and that’s perception was high when she was at her peak. Sad.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

That's been the mystery all this time, people thought she might have been going out of whatever they were giving her during FF era to look like a zombie, and others thought they were given her something different.

Thing is, she was at least showing some emotion in 2012, whether it was "a negative" emotion or not, but it was different than the sedated state she showed in 2011. By 2013 she appeared so much more calmed, no psoriasis, and her interviews were much more lively and less awkward.

There were many stuff going on behind the scenes though, her requesting the conservatorship to be reduced, getting engaged to Jason, Jason becoming co-conservator, and whatever they were doing to her medication.

Psoriasis? When did she have it?

5 hours ago, sanpedro said:

Also I’m still annoyed that Xtina and The Voice outviewed. They played dirty.

I also read a while back that she was occasionally dissed on this show and several contestants argued back to her... anyone know anything about this?

That was not Christina fault. It was NBC decision to go toe to toe with FOX. And the Peacock won.