CupcakKe fans are calling out the music industry and listeners for supporting "WAP"

Go to Twitter, "WAP" is trending whether remixed with the slammed Ben Shapiro commentary, or being praised.

It's expected to top the Hot 100 next Monday, Cardi's fourth and Megan's second.

But one fan base is calling out everybody for supporting this song. Cupcakke's fans are attacking and rightfully mad about the massive commercial success and support "WAP" is receiving. 

Most point out two things: 

1. Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion are not as heavy as Cupcakke and have the support of major labels and access to all types of platforms radio, MTV and streaming playlists, the way Cupcakke doesn't.
  2. They are saying it's kind of unfair given Cupcakke has been using the same subject as a heavy set woman, and had only a little support.

Cupcakke fans are saying respect is finally due and needs to be given and acknowledge. 

Do you guys agree?cupwap.jpg.90c9e9f7a3232b86fbe3e3bae086bda8.jpg

The music industry is constantly taking inspiration from other artists. This is nothing new. Lana Del Rey paved the way for artists like Lorde and Billie Eilish. Futuresex/Lovesounds paved the way for Blackout. Lil Kim paved the way for Nicki and Nicki paved the way for Cardi B.

Raunchy/explicit lyrics are also nothing new to the music industry. You can't take something as broad as that and get mad when someone else does it too.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, blackoutbixxh said:

Cupcakke can take several seats. Lil Kim paved the way for female rappers today. With out her there would be no Nicki, Cardi or Megan, period. 

s-l300.jpgScreen-Shot-2020-08-07-at-8.42.19-pm-102wap%252520megan%252520zebra%252520hair.p

That’s not true. Yes, Lil Kim and Foxy Brown opened doors for Nicki Minaj. 

The one who shaped the female rap game, made it mainstream, marketable and took it this far is the one and only Nicki Minaj and therefore without any Nicki Minaj there wouldn’t be a Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion. 

:shameless:

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Baronesse said:

I just read the lyrics for that song, is this kind of stuff really acceptable in mainstream music nowadays? :umwtf:

Like, people listen to it out loud? :umwtf:

Please , this is not the first time a song this blunt and raunchy is being accepted in the mainstream , khia and lil Kim have done it before, Nicki , cardi (not the first time) but cupcakke is the only who actually goes into details and being like really really nasty to the point of Satire (?) Level...... Cupcakke was iconic when she broke the internet with deeepthroatt, and she did it independently.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, ExXL said:

Please , this is not the first time a song this blunt and raunchy is being accepted in the mainstream , khia and lil Kim have done it before, Nicki , cardi (not the first time) but cupcakke is the only who actually goes into details and being like really really nasty to the point of Satire (?) Level...... Cupcakke was iconic when she broke the internet with deeepthroatt, and she did it independently.

I know, I heard those Cupcake songs that went viral but aren't they more of a joke? I thought they were funny, but I didn't know people stanned this kind of thing unironically.

I can't imagine playing a song that repeats "wet *** *****" in my car or something like that. :makeup:

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block